Trouble with flashing other image,s

mildsteel

Vu+ Newbie
I wonder if someone can help me, i bought my box about 9 months ago and first flashed it with a backup from another site with blackhole 3.0.2, the trouble i have now is i hve tried to flash other images but they wont install , it keeps booting up in the same blackhole image. the box reads usb stick and goes through the flashing process but boots up in the old image. I have tried multiple attempts and different usb sticks , wouls appreciate any help.

Mick12334

Which model VU+ receiver do you have?
If you only bought it 9 months ago it should be one of the newer generation, and you shpuldn't have any problems loading an appropriate image.

Mick12334

Try loading Open Blackhole, you shouldn't notice much difference, on the initial splash screen, but once it starts booting up you should see the Open Blackhole message, and have to set up again.
You should save your channel list, using dreamset, or dreamboxedit, prior to installation, as you will lose all your previous settings, and shouldn't use any old backups.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/openbh-1-0-vu-duo2.32303/

You should already have the last bootloader installed, which you can see on initial boot up, after switching on at the rear, as it should quickly say CFE v2.

mildsteel

Vu+ Newbie
Have tried now thanks , still the same , disconnected the harddrive as well tried other images as well but no been seen at startup to flash. Used hp format tool on this usb which i used before, but going to try another one as soon as i can find it.

Mick12334

Are you downloading the correct image, for your VU+ Duo2?

You need to uncompress the file, using winrar, winzip, or the free 7-zip, so that you get the vuplus folder, to load onto your FAT 32 formatted USB stick.
You then turn off your receiver, at the rear, insert your USB stick in the front USB port, behind the pull down flap, turn on the receiver and hold in the power button, next to the usb port, until the receiver reads the USB stick.
As you seem to be getting to this point all I can assume is the problem is with your downloaded image.
After the receiver reads the USB stick it starts flashing the image, then formats, and says completed, at which point it re-boots.
Can you please confirm that your receiver is a genuine VU+ Duo2, as I cannot think of any other reasons why the image isn't loading.

mildsteel

Vu+ Newbie
Are you downloading the correct image, for your VU+ Duo2?

You need to uncompress the file, using winrar, winzip, or the free 7-zip, so that you get the vuplus folder, to load onto your FAT 32 formatted USB stick.
You then turn off your receiver, at the rear, insert your USB stick in the front USB port, behind the pull down flap, turn on the receiver and hold in the power button, next to the usb port, until the receiver reads the USB stick.
As you seem to be getting to this point all I can assume is the problem is with your downloaded image.
After the receiver reads the USB stick it starts flashing the image, then formats, and says completed, at which point it re-boots.
Can you please confirm that your receiver is a genuine VU+ Duo2, as I cannot think of any other reasons why the image isn't loading.

Back worling again , many thanks, i didnt realise there was image on the usb that i had in the back for the other stuff epg/picons , im not sure but all working again and Thanks for the help.

nibo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, not sure I'm in the right place, and sorry for multi posting.

I have the Duo2 and BH 3.0.3.J, and your latest releases are not possible to upgrade online from J. How can I upgrade to P (for instance) (from J), without losing any of my settings (fine tuning motor) and bouquets etc?

nibo

Vu+ Newbie
Why can't you update online?

Announcement says: This is available as an online update from 3.0.3, 3.0.3.A , 3.0.3.B, 3.0.3.C, 3.0.3.D, 3.0.3.E, 3.0.3.F, 3.0.3.G, 3.0.3.H, 3.0.3.I, 3.0.3.L, 3.0.3.M, 3.0.3.N or 3.0.3.O (J is missing)

And when checking 'Software updates', no updates are found.

Mick12334

Use Dreamboxedit, or Dreamset, to back up your channel;s, and Bouquets:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-tools-settings.10/

Using Dreamboxedit, set up a new folder, on your PC desktop, and call it settings, defualt name, and location.
Once loaded open the dreamboxedit program.
Go into Tools, Options, and enter your receivers IP address, the the Test IP Connection option.
If it's working then click save, and go to File, Fast FTP Download.
Then click save, and your channels, and Bouquets, should be saved in the settings folder.

Mick12334

No, but the motor settings are easy to set up again.
Are you using Usals, or Diseqc 1.2?
Go into the menu and make a note of your settings, if using Usals, note your Latitude, and Longitude, settings, to enter when setting up Blackhole 3.0.3.

nibo

Vu+ Newbie
Go into the menu and make a note of your settings, if using Usals, note your Latitude, and Longitude, settings, to enter when setting up Blackhole 3.0.3.

Diseqc 1.2

How do I note the motor settings? Except that hotbird is lnb 1, 19.2 is 2 and so on?

And then I need to flash it via usb, right?

Mick12334

Those are the settings, to note down.
Make a list, of all satellites you use, and your tuner settings, A & B, e.g.
Hotbird 13E - 1
Astra 1 19.2E - 2
etc..

To flash your new image.
Download Blackhole 3.0.3H, and uncompress the folder, using winzip, winrar, or free utility like 7-zip, until you have a vuplus folder.
Format your USB stick to FAT 32.
Load the vuplus folder, onto your USB stick.
Switch off your receiver, at the rear.
Insert your USB stick into the front USB port, behind the pull down flap, front right.
Switch on your VU+ Duo 2, at the rear.
Press the fron power button, next to the front USB port, until it starts reading the USB stick.
Let it load.
Once finished your receiver will re-boot and show you the setup window.
Follow the onscreen guides, and when you get to the Tuner setup option select your Tuner, that you currently have using Diseqc 1.2, and set up LNB 1, Hotbird 13E, Disecqc 1.2, not to use Usals, and set this as position 1.
You have to add the rest after initial setup.

nibo

Vu+ Newbie
Those are the settings, to note down.
Make a list, of all satellites you use, and your tuner settings, A & B, e.g.
Hotbird 13E - 1
Astra 1 19.2E - 2
etc..

To flash your new image.
Download Blackhole 3.0.3H, and uncompress the folder, using winzip, winrar, or free utility like 7-zip, until you have a vuplus folder.
Format your USB stick to FAT 32.
Load the vuplus folder, onto your USB stick.
Switch off your receiver, at the rear.
Insert your USB stick into the front USB port, behind the pull down flap, front right.
Switch on your VU+ Duo 2, at the rear.
Press the fron power button, next to the front USB port, until it starts reading the USB stick.
Let it load.
Once finished your receiver will re-boot and show you the setup window.
Follow the onscreen guides, and when you get to the Tuner setup option select your Tuner, that you currently have using Diseqc 1.2, and set up LNB 1, Hotbird 13E, Disecqc 1.2, not to use Usals, and set this as position 1.
You have to add the rest after initial setup.

Thanks a lot Mick12334! Can't seem to find the H version, so I'll try with the 3.0.3 and then do an online update (to P).

bigkenny

Vu+ Newbie

Well I use VU+ Control Centre been using it for a few years. It does save your motor setting. I have a few motor setting set on mine (using 1m dish+motor) Its always saved mine I have 2 STBs a Duo and Duo2 saves settings on both ok