Tuner Config Tutorial For Motor Dish setup

Matrix10

Administrator
My friend has just received the VU+Solo2, and it's great box but----.
The box has usuals installed, and this made a lot of trouble. He has a motor(V2-box) with no connection to the STB, but it doesn't work together with the VU+ Solo2---? We didn't find any solution to the problem.

My question is if VU+ Duo2 can be separate from the motor with a V2-box, as I have with my two STB's(an old IPbox 9000 and TM5402 M2). Yes, I myself want to buy a Duo2.

Regards

I have never use v2- box
but I might give you an answer
If I know which V2 box from which manufacturer.

You have manual or some information link ?

Because there are different on the internet.
Do you use the usuals or manually turns the antenna.

Probably we have users on the forum which can help you,
if I remember before we had a similar or the same question.

Here some

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/duo2-tuner-problems.13642/#post-102655

Maybe you can send a PM to this user/member

Matrix10

Administrator
Ok

I think like this . ( agn I have not Vbox2)

Config you dish and Vbox 2

(select menu dish config Diseqc motor ??? and manually save the position of each satellite.)

Config your VU+ box

Examle for one position and one sat
Each satellite has to be the same stored position as its position in vbox 2

• I go to main menu
• Service Searching
• Tuner configuration
• Select a tuner

• Configuration mode - advanced
• Satellite - Self make a choice which satellite.
• LNB - LNB 1
• DiSEqC mode - 1.2 (this setting is important)
• Use usuals - NO (This setting is important)

• Stored position - If Astra 19.2 at position 001 (Vbox2) is here also fill 001
• Then click OK (SAVE position and sat) on the remote.
===================================================

Repeat for the other satellites and positions.

Limits you can SETUP in Positioner setup panel.

Last edited:

Lark

Vu+ Newbie
Ok

I think like this . ( agn I have not Vbox2)

Config you dish and Vbox 2

(select menu dish config Diseqc motor ??? and manually save the position of each satellite.)

Config your VU+ box

Examle for one position and one sat
Each satellite has to be the same stored position as its position in vbox 2

• I go to main menu
• Service Searching
• Tuner configuration
• Select a tuner

• Configuration mode - advanced
• Satellite - Self make a choice which satellite.
• LNB - LNB 1
• DiSEqC mode - 1.2 (this setting is important)
• Use usuals - NO (This setting is important)

• Stored position - If Astra 19.2 at position 001 (Vbox2) is here also fill 001
• Then click OK (SAVE position and sat) on the remote.
===================================================

Repeat for the other satellites and positions.

Limits you can SETUP in Positioner setup panel.

Hello!

Thank you for your good advice.

At the moment the solo2 is working well with some kind of "compromice" between the usuals and the diseq 1.2.
As this solution is not the best, we want to go for your's.

If we want to insert your solution from the start, do we have to beginn with a factory restart? If so, do we loose all settings with the Black Hole?

Our dishes are big, and we live in an are with strong storms sometimes. For that reason do we use the V2-boxes. Mine V2-box has moved the dish without problem in all kind of weather, and the dish is spot on the satellite.

Regards

teto.71

Vu+ User
Hello
explain to me how did you configure the switch diseq 1.2 I have done as you say for all satellites (I 16), but nothing I see only 2-3
and from 3 days I try to set the turner of my duo 2
thanks

Lark

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
explain to me how did you configure the switch diseq 1.2 I have done as you say for all satellites (I 16), but nothing I see only 2-3
and from 3 days I try to set the turner of my duo 2
thanks

As I don't know your configuration regards diseq 1.2, I can't give you an answer. Myself I have a TM5402-M2 and an old IPbox 9000HD, and for reason mentioned before, I use a V2-box to direct the dish with an actuator. Even though it is possible to connect the V2-box to the STB to make it automatic, I don't, and I only use the handset to direct and adjust the dish. This solution has worked for years in all kind of weathercondition and spot on target.

In the settings with the TM and IPbox(if possible) I "connected" it to diseq 1.2. The next I did was to make a list(favourite) in the STB with all the satellites I did wan't to "catch" . To make it easy to go from one satellite to another, I had the satellitename with degrees and also made the heading with a positon-number from my V2-box. From 28.2E to 30W I can watch most of the satellites, and I started with P05 for 28.2E and P10 for 19.2E. Yes, I use 5, 10,15 etc. for the most interesting satellites, and for the rest I use the numbers inbetween.

P05, P10, P15 etc. are easy numbers to remember for yourself and your wife?, and you only have to mark the right satellite in the favouritelist(blue) in the STB. With this solution you have to make a search for each satellite.

My friend who bought the Solo2, got the STB with wrong settings, and this made a lot of problems for us, and the box was also delivered with a "big" favourite lists. We deleted all of those lists and all satellites with no interest for my friend. Now he has only to direct the V2-box to right position and mark the right satellite under favourites(blue).

Regards

Matrix10

Administrator
Hello!

Thank you for your good advice.

At the moment the solo2 is working well with some kind of "compromice" between the usuals and the diseq 1.2.
As this solution is not the best, we want to go for your's.

If we want to insert your solution from the start, do we have to beginn with a factory restart? If so, do we loose all settings with the Black Hole?

Our dishes are big, and we live in an are with strong storms sometimes. For that reason do we use the V2-boxes. Mine V2-box has moved the dish without problem in all kind of weather, and the dish is spot on the satellite.

Regards

I have not read your post earlier.

You do not have to make any factory reset.

If I understand , VBox 2 can be compared with intelligent DiSEqC switch.
Why intelligent
because positions can be programmed .
But he understands the same commands as for DiSEqC switch.
To configure the box we practically use the same method
as for multi DiSEqC switch.

It is my opinion after reading the information on VBox 2.

So I stick to the earlier explanation , how to program Vbox 2.

VBox 2 does not work with the usuals command
but with preset positions
because between the VU+ box and Vbox2 is own interface
that was previously programmed and can have different positions, depending on how it is programmed by anyone.

Number of programmed position is also variable
depending on the user as well as the number of position.

So we have to synchronize positions (position number and SAT) in Vbox2 and VU + box

Last edited:

donquixote

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I'm using latest BH and VU DUO2 and have motorised settings as suggested above. I didn't do anything with tuner B, which is set to advanced, but on all satellites.

I can select a channel on any satellite and the motor takes it there okay. I hoped that the same would happen when I had a recording set, but when the timer kicks in, the satellite doesn't move.

Can anyone help with this, not sure what I may have missed, thanks.

Oddyoddball

Vu+ Newbie
I have done what Levi had discribed, got a full 99% signal and set position to '1' then exited. Then I went to scan for channels and got nothing, went back to check the position and no signal. I tried tuning again got nothing. I rebooted the VU+ solo box and went to the stored position and the signal was there? I don't understand. Every time I exit and try to scan for atra 28.2 I dont get anything? Can anybody help. Pleaee

Mick12334

Are you certain your dish is actually pointing to Astra 2, 28.2E?
Can you please provide more information, regarding your satellite set up.
Size of Dish
General Location, e.g. UK
Type of motor, and if you are using a V-Box II.
Did you set up the dish yourself or was it previously installed.

Oddyoddball

Vu+ Newbie
I will tell you what happened. I had it installed just to get astra 28.2 because i am in this rented accomodation only for 6 months. then I move to my permanent accomodation. Last night my son in law did something with my reciever and factory set it. Now I have nothing. So I had to move the dish to astra 28.2 fine tuned to get the 99% signal. All I want to do now is scan for channels. but I cannot save this position one. It does say save position and I know it as saved, because when I reboot the system and go back to the "go to position 01" the signal is there. but as soon as i exit that and go to scan manually there is no signal. very baffled. do I have to look elsewhere for the stored position?
I hope I am getting neraer to the full explanation that you require.
Many thanks by the way for replying so quickly

Mick12334

Sorry for the delay, I've been at work.
Are you using a V-BoxII?
A V-Box II is a stand alone box that changes Diseqc 1.2 commands to allow a 36v motor to be run by your receiver. It generally has 4 thin wires, motor +, Motor -, Sensor and ground, which go from your motor to the V-Box II, and a co-ax cable from the V-box II to your receiver:
vboxII back.JPG vboxII front.JPG

If not then your motor is probably using USALS, and not Disecq 1.2.
Try going into the menu, Setup, Service Searching, Satfinder, and select/enter the following
Tune Manual Transponder
Satellite Astra 1N/2A/2F/ 28.2E
System DVB-S
Frequency 10714
Inversion Auto
Symbol Rate 22000
polarization Horizontal
FEC Auto

and see if you get any signal readings.

gadjit

Vu+ Newbie
Can anyone help me? I have a VU+ duo on a motor its on USALS

I have lost the signal strength. I have put my location into the box tried to fine tune the dish but cant lock the signal to get a picture, we have had some strong winds over the past 2 days .

I can get a picture on the VU+ box from a fixed sat dish pointed at 28.2 but when i re connect it to the motorised dish i get nothing

Image on VU box is Blackhole

Thanks

Mick12334

Sounds like the dish has moved, in the winds, or a cable has become loose.
Do you have easy access, to the dish, and motor?
Can you please post a few pictures, of the dish, in case we can spot an obvious problem.

Mick12334

It's hard to tell, from the photographs, but it does look reasonably secure, but the elevation, of the dish, might be wrong.
From your VU+ screen grab I assume you're trying for 28.2E, have you tried any other satellites, 19.2E, 13E, or 1W?
Use the positioner fine movement option, when your dish is roughly pointing at the satellite.