Tuner priority assignment

AlexWilMac

Hello,
it is still not clear the tuners' priority policy in VU+.
I've got a duo2 with
Tuner A and B: DVB-S2
Tuner C: DVB-T built-in
Tuner D: DVB-T usb tuner

Now, let's simplify the situation about LNBs and so on because it is not important for my complete configuration.
Let's say I've got just two cables from HB 13E: one has stronger signal, the other one weaker.
The same happens for the DVB-T tuners: the built-in one has got the stronger signal compared to the USB one.
I'd obviously like to use the stronger signals from both systems as main signal and the others as secondary.
Whatever I do I can't get to this goal, not for both sat and terrestrial.
So I put in Tuner A the sat stronger signal and the stronger DVB-T in in Tuner C.

If I set Tuner A as main tuner within the system preferences, for some strange reason VU+ uses A and D as preferred tuners (whilst D is not the best one in DVB-T).
If I set C as preferred tuner, VU+ uses B and C!!! This time, I have the best terrestrial but not the best sat.

I told myself: OK, I'll put the strongest sat signal in tuner B and I'll choose Tuner C as preferred on...
Funnily enough, VU+ now decides to use C and A as main ones, as it knew I'd swapped the cables...
Is there a way to choose exactly what I want? Why there is no complete sequence in preferences?
Thanks

AlexWilMac

Actually, I bought my VU+ already configured. But how can it affect the priority if it the problem doesn't change even if I swap the cables?
Maybe I'm wrong, but this means there is no relation with the tuner.

nunigaia

Actually, I bought my VU+ already configured. But how can it affect the priority if it the problem doesn't change even if I swap the cables?
Maybe I'm wrong, but this means there is no relation with the tuner.

Go to customise settings via menu -> setup -> expand to expert MENU

shot2.jpg

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Yes, it is exactly where I set the priority preferences choosing C or A as I wrote above.
But both choices don't lead to the desired result. As I wrote:
1) If I choose C, VU+ uses C for terrestrial and B for sat and not A
2) If I choose A, VU+ uses A for sat but D for terrestrial...

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
In Enigma2 images the tuner priority selection criteria is a bit mysterious.
For some model (ex. Solo2) it has been generally suggested to connect the only sat cable available to tuner B...
Some speculations exist about priority possibly given to the tuner that has the larger number of channel searched selecting it.

I have a Duo2 with the same number and type of tuners, but I have only 1 sat cable of Unicable/SCR type supporting up to 8 tuners on the same cable, shared by the tuners A and B.

trygve.thue.7

Vu+ Newbie
Hi ! I have vu+ duo2 and tried to put dish with motor on B and a steady dish with no motor on A. But the motor on B would not work. So I tried the motored dish on A and the steady dish on B , and now all works ! I only wonder if two motor dishes would work on A/B ?