Tuner setup

mikek2

Vu+ Newbie
I need your advice how to effectively utilize both tuners. Currently I use Technisat Multytenne 45, this is Monoblock covering Astra 19+23,5+28 and HotBird 13 but it has only one output on one Tuner. When first tuner configured as DISEqC A/B/C/D and the other is copying (or even in loopthrough) I am getting while recording from Astra 23,5 message that there is no available tuner. I know it is asociated with polarization etc.

How to solve this issue effectively? Ok, I am ready to swap antenna but should this proposal solve such issue? I am basically interested in channesl from Astra 23,5 and Intelsat 1,0.

Buy new antenna and setup 2 twin LNB's connected cross into DISEqC 4/2 utilizing both tuners with independent configuration?

You won't get any good results with Multytenne and twin tuner stb. Your unit is exactly 4lnbs in one enclosure driving by diseqc commands. If you're recording/watching one channel you may get possibility to watch another channel from the same sat position, same polarity and same band - try to use tuner B as a primary and tuner A as loopthrough to tuner B but I do really doubt this will work (due to limitation of using two diseqc commands over one coax).
Buying new dish and having 2 sat positions with good reception (23.5 and 1.0), which you've already described in your post above, could be a problem too, however it depends from your location. It will be very difficult to find good LNB bracket to get good signal from offset dish due to dish size and distance between satellites (you need horizontally long lnb bracket for 2nd lnb but it will be installed too far from dish aperture and reception of 2nd satellite will be very low if any).
I'd suggest to use frontier t90 dish which can give you very good reception from mentioned satellites and give possibility to upgrade your system in the future by adding more twin lnbs.
And described diseqc switch will do its job :)
Good luck.

marvintheandroid

Vu+ Newbie
I also need some advice how to effectively utilize both tuners. Currently I have 18 volt positioner with a Superjack VBox 2. The Dish now has a quad LNB with one coax feed running to the dish via the V Box. This cable is attached to tuner A of my new Solo 2. I have run a second cable from the LNB direct to Tuner B input on the Solo 2. What is is best way to configure the tuners so as to be able to utilise them fully. I have tried setting up tuner A on a multi sat setup using diseqc 1.2 which works fine. Initially had tuner B set up the sam way but when I changed channels the dish did not move - it was obviously switching to tuner B which has no way of changing the positioner. The only way I seem to be able to get it to work is setting up tuner B on loop-through to tuner A but then I am not making use of the second dish feed. Any suggestions greatfully received. Pretty OK with this stuff as I have had Dreambox for a number of years which obviously worked fine with the Superjack with single tuner.