Request Turkish Character (Coding) Problem?

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

I am from Turkey and I need your help related a technical issue with skin subtitle setting. As you can see below picture, there is a font character issue related with Turkish characters for subtitles. Because of this problem I can not watch Turkish subtitles efficiently.

I tried to tell the problem with descriptions below picture, I do not know If this can be solved by modifying skin.xml of the skin, any idea? i.e. can we change the font in the skin.xml as "Arial Bold"?

CNz8Ty8.jpg

Matrix10

Administrator
Hello,

I am from Turkey and I need your help related a technical issue with skin subtitle setting. As you can see below picture, there is a font character issue related with Turkish characters for subtitles. Because of this problem I can not watch Turkish subtitles efficiently.

I tried to tell the problem with descriptions below picture, I do not know If this can be solved by modifying skin.xml of the skin, any idea? i.e. can we change the font in the skin.xml as "Arial Bold"?

I'm afraid that the problem is in the coding ,As you've found
and not the type of font used in skins.
So it can not be resolved in the skin coding
that I know of.

Maybe someone knows more about this kind of problem.

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
wow, that's sad. :(

Any recommendation whom I need to contact with related with this problem?

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
@Matrix10,

The issue has been solved. I wanted to share the solution for you just in case you might wanna know. ;)

1) Via Telnet, below command is given:
Code:
opkg install eglibc-gconv-iso8859-9

2) Change /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and set the variable GST_SUBTITLE_ENCODING
Change the line from LD_PRELOAD=$LIBS /usr/bin/enigma2 to LD_PRELOAD=$LIBS GST_SUBTITLE_ENCODING="ISO-8859-9"

3) Restart and have fun :)

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Hey Matrix,

I did not want to open a new thread but wanted to ask you you here. Since now I have solved Turkish character issue and yellow subtitles not it's time for DVB Subtitle color revision :p

Pleasse find the skin.xml file attached that I have been ısing with my default skin on BH 2.0.1 image. Can I do something in this xml so that DVB subtitles colors can be yellow not white? Below pictures, you can see screenshots from BBC HD in 13E Hotbird. That channels provides DVB subtitles for Turkish.

Regards

58oK6Jf.jpg

HAN1W9v.jpg

Attachments

• skin.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 8

Matrix10

Administrator
DVB subtitling can not be changed in skin.xml
As far as I know they are sent from the SAT transponder as images and not as letters.

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
DVB subtitling can not be changed in skin.xml
As far as I know they are sent from the SAT transponder as images and not as letters.

But I know some other images with "Yellow DVB Subtitle" option and If I click as "YES" for this option, above channels subtitles are changing into yellow?

Matrix10

Administrator
But I know some other images with "Yellow DVB Subtitle" option and If I click as "YES" for this option, above channels subtitles are changing into yellow?

Yes, but I think
they have redefined/recoded the entire structure of image graphics
to achieve this.
And the result is not only yellow subtitles bur distortions in the fonts and skin graphics .
In the whole image.

That is my opinion.
My skin and not only skins but fonts in these images look worse than in the BH image.
I'm not for such solution for DVB titles color.

I think the skin look in the entire image and quality of fonts without deformation play a greater role
from the color of DVB subtitles that many are not use or change.

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
@Matrix10,

Thank your for these appreciated informations, i would not prefer to sacrifice quality Of subtitles, so let them stay white :D

Matrix10

Administrator
You can test and see that they can be different colors
on different channels or the same channels with different movie .
DVB subtitle is not the same as teletext subtitles.

bouly78

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
Could you please inform me which fonts is used for writing VuPlus Community or BlackHole ?
Thks