Tutorial for Subtitle player DDamir E2 v3.01

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
What is Subtitle player
Subtitle player is a plugin for Enigma2 based satellite receivers (Vu+, Ipbox, Dreambox, Kathrein, Topfield...) featuring:

Imdb plugin
- you can use plugin to get all kind of information's about the movie, on original language or translated with Google Translate. Also, it translates movie titles from various languages if possible (for example if you search EPG of German, Polish, Dutch provider you will get original movie title and info about the movie on English). Advantage of this plugin comparing to original IMDB plugin is

- speed (it's a lot faster because it has direct access to the epg of current channel)
- has an option to manually specify search terms
- enables translation of results to other languages

Subtitle downloader
- downloads subtitles from internet and translates movies and series titles over epg or manual.
Subtitles are downloaded from next databases
- Podnapisi.net
- Titlovi.com
- Opensubtitles.org
- Perfectsat dtc base(only dtc)

Subtitle player
featuring subtitle display in the movies or series without conversion. Something like Drtic but with more options. Movies can be subtitled regardless if you're watching them live or as a recording.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLUGIN SETUP

Run plugin and then start adjust the basic settings

1288844383.jpg

Push the yellow button (settings)

1289230050.jpg

Setup as you like - this is mine configuration

Download subtitle server------> Setup server for download (use LEFT/RIGHT buttons)
Set Subtitle Languages -----------------> Adjust yours language(s)
Choose font -----------------------> use LEFT/RIGHT buttons to choose which type of font you want to use for the subtitles (you can add your font in font folder)
Enter the font size -----------> Set size of subtitle font
Font Color --------------------------> Here adjusts color of subtitle
Background ---------------------------> Here set type of tape on the background behind the subtitles
Save settings --------------------> Here adjust do you want to save on exit

Next step is to setup a subtitle folder - in my case usb/media/Titlovi (you can use HDD, USB, CF or leave default as it is).

Use Blue button for setup, go up with <Parent directory> and then go to your folder and it will stay as default

1288892977.jpg

Still remaines to adjust the subtitle position on screen

Yellow button ---> Change Subtitle Position

1289236338.jpg

And then move with up and down buttons as you like

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
IMDB

So news is that the plugin now goes directly to the EPG and some procedures has been shortened compared with the previous version.

So start the plugin and go on movie from which you want get IMDB data.

1288844383.jpg

press OK

1288844114.jpg

If we want the same text translated into your language just click OK once again and the translation is here:

1288897514.jpg

This is an option that uses EPG but there is also option for manual input of text or modification of EPG text.

Manual input of text

So on the first screen of plugin, press the TXT (teletext) button

1288844383.jpg

and a textbox opens for data entry. Input your text using remote control buttons as you type sms mesage..

1288898119.jpg

Or if you want to use the virtual keyboard, press the blue button

1288898264.jpg

and press OK and the results are there

1288898412.jpg

and it is only needed to pres OK on right result

Modification of EPG text

There is another option and that is to edit an existing EPG data, which we took directly from channels.

1288898896.jpg

Now press the Info or EPG button (depends of type of box)

1288898997.jpg

Now use left/right buttons to go to part that you want too edit and use the Mute button for deleting parts that is bothers.

1288899082.jpg

and then press the OK button and the movie is here

1288899172.jpg

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
SUBTITLE PLAYER

So now we get information from IMDB and have it on the bottom of the screen
Original Title: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
the green button Download has appeared to us

1288844383.jpg

Then we go ---> green button and opens to us a list of subtitles to download

1288900221.jpg

In the list always choose subtitles with more stars because they are well judged and select subtitles which contains FPS because plugin automatically convert subtitle to the right FPS (of course everything will be ok if data with subtitle is right)

Press OK and the subtitles will be loaded and run

1288900256.jpg

If you exit on the main screen you will see now on the right side
Prepaired subtitles: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs ...

1288900238.jpg

Now you can start subtitles again again with the blue button (Run subtitle)

If the subtitle does not follow the dialogue it is necessary to change the speed of a FPS - for this use a 0 button

1288899854.jpg

Example:
If subtitle is late then accelerateit with the shifting to FPS 23.976
If the subtitle faster then slow down it by shifting to 25 FPS, and click OK (yust click OK in position 25)

If this option is not helping that there is an option to manually Speed up or slow down subtitles:
Button 1 gives the acceleration of the complete subtitles (in steps per 5ms)
Button 4 is also accelerate but in steps for a -25ms
Button 3 slowdown subtitles (in steps per 5ms)
Button 6 also to slow in steps for 25ms

If you are not started to watch a movie from the beginning use a key 5 to move the subtitles, Plugin uses EPG to calculate time and opens lines with subtitles so that it easier to find rigt line of text, when you find it yust click OK 2x.

1288899921.jpg

So when the plugin subtitle player mode you have the following keys with following functions

Left button ---- previous line of subtitles
Right button ---- next line of subtitles
Ok button-------- skips to the next line of subtitle
Up button ---- 10 subtitle lines back
Down button ---- 10 lines subtitle forward

Button 0 - Selection FPS
Button 1 gives the acceleration of the complete subtitles (in degrees per 5ms)
Button 4 is also accelerate but in steps for a -25ms
Button 3 slowdown subtitles (in steps per 5ms)
Button 6 also to slow in steps for 25ms
Button 5 - Calculates time of subtitle using EPG and jumps near that time calculation
Button 7 - jump right on the line subtitle from which you came out (if you're quit watching a recorded movie next time when start subtitle just press 7 and you are in the same position)
Button 9 - calculates time that has passed and jumps using that calculation (when you watching live movie and if you come out of subtitle)
Yellow button - Pauses the subtitle (starts up again with 2x OK)
Red button - Moves a complete subtitles for 500ms forward - meaning that move the whole subtitle on the "fly" so you don't need to stop subtitle for correcting
Green button - Moves subtitles for a complete 500ms backward on the "fly" - the opposite of the red button
Info button (on some EPG) - provides information of Subtitle and film as shown below

screenshot1sn.jpg

The file manager has been upgraded (the red button on the start screen of plugin)
Now just mark the subtitles that you want to delete and press red button

1288900387.jpg

If you want to load some subtitles use blue button (Run title)

Download subtitles for the series
- is possible through epg or manual entry the text
So use Txt (Teletext) button on the first page
Then type the name

1289025625.jpg

Button down opens up the field to change the type of subtitles that you want to download
Now left and right button and you can choose
Movies
Movies & Series
Series
I choose a series

1289025911.jpg

Now down button to enter year

1289026015.jpg

I'll skip it because I will enter the season - again down button , I enter the 5-season

1289026077.jpg

Now that we have entered the required parameters, we return to the Exit button on the initial screen

1289026232.jpg

follow the green button and the subtitles are there:)

1289026309.jpg

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Many thanks to
- DDamir who make this wonderfuel plugin
- Shax for providing support and his part of job concern IMDB part
- Krkadoni team for Beta testing

Suport on Krkadoni forum

Tutorial by Zupy

For direct dowload - plugin is attached here
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/enigma2-plugin-extensions-subtitleplayer_3-01.615/

One warning - if you are using older version please delete it first or you might have a crash problems.
Delete this folders
DD-Subt in usr/lib/enigma2/pyton/plugins/extensions
ddsubt in var/etc (or etc folder depends of image)

limba

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Zupy,very useful thread.Is there a solution for subtitle in zip or rar exstension.When i try to download subtitle this message appears :
"pogresan tip zip/rar".

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Thanks Zupy,very useful thread.Is there a solution for subtitle in zip or rar exstension.When i try to download subtitle this message appears :
"pogresan tip zip/rar".
Problem could be connections from some DSL providers or even subtitles inside.

Try to use another another server or try to download another subtitle.

vu plus

Vu+ Newbie
It is one the best plugins I use with my vu+ duo. I had some crashes with previous releases though. maybe it is related to installing without removing the old vers.
There is feature request from me. It would be great if it could grab movie title (movies are generally with local language names) from imdb, so user will not have to enter it via remote control.

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
You did not read my tutorial very well
When you pass trough this steps from
IMDB
before this line
If we want the same text translated into your language just click OK once again and the translation is here:

and you get out with exit button you will get a screen like this

1288844383.jpg

Now on bootom scree you se original title of movie
that plugin take from imdb

You just press green buton and go download subtitle - you dont need to write it mannually

vu plus

Vu+ Newbie
You did not read my tutorial very well
When you pass trough this steps from
IMDB
before this line

and you get out with exit button you will get a screen like this

1288844383.jpg

Now on bootom scree you se original title of movie
that plugin take from imdb

You just press green buton and go download subtitle - you dont need to write it mannually
That's awesome

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Here is a fix for podnapisi server - some users have a problem to download from subtitle that server (like a our friend limba).
Just extract and ftp these two files over old one - files are in
usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/DD_Subt

Attachments

• podnapisi-fix.zip
    65.8 KB · Views: 160

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Added a two features in tutorial that i forget - mea culpa

Red button - Moves a complete subtitles for 500ms forward - meaning that move the whole subtitle on the "fly" so you don't need to stop subtitle for correcting
Green button - Moves subtitles for a complete 500ms backward on the "fly" - the opposite of the red button

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Here we go again :)

Changes:
- support for SD skins
- various subtitle fixes
- fixes for subtitle servers

Download

Subtitle Player 3.02 IPK mips py2.6 (python 2.6 OE1.6) - attached
Also available in the following versions
Subtitle Player 3.02 IPK mips py2.5 (python 2.5 OE1.5)
Subtitle Player 3.02 IPK sh4 py2.5 (python 2.5 OE1.5)
Subtitle Player 3.02 IPK sh4 py2.6 (python 2.6 OE1.6)

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-subtitleplayer_3.02_mipsel.ipk
    174.8 KB · Views: 191

cristo4

Vu+ Newbie
With ver. 3.02 i always get green screens when i try to enter manualy(via remote control) the name of a movie when epg data is not available for a channel....anyone else has this problem?

nikosdim

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Sirs!!
I just want to ask you if someone could help me, how I can watch a recorded movie in VU+ via media player and run simultaneously DDamir subtitles!!

Thanks!!!

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Run movie with recordings (R) button not media player and then go to Menu-->Addons--> and start the plugin.
Recordings button is next to the Menu button.