UBIFS UPDATE message and that's it

Tammynory

Vu+ Newbie
downloaded the latest version of BH onto stick then put it into my solo 2 and it updated deleted and flashed then stopped on this message and and nothing is happening.

Can someone please give me some advice as I'm really stumped.

Nothing works now.

Thanks

mark_lewis1987

Vu+ Newbie
Try formatting memory stick or using a different stick also might have a dodgy download. If that don't work try openvix or openatv. These seem better vix for me tho

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mick12334

This is a known problem, on some VU+ solo 2 receivers, and has been discussed on the forum, and the internet.
It usually happens with clone receivers, when trying to load a later version of Black Hole.
What image, and version, was previously loaded?
If you are 100% certain that your receiver is genuine then try flashing the image again, using a different USB stick.
If it still doesn't work try an earlier image, and if that fails contact your supplier.

Tammynory

Vu+ Newbie
Just bought it and am quite new to this whole arena. It was out of the box and I tried v 2.1.7 as it said on here somewhere that it was a better version of BH for the solo 2.

It never worked it started working then stuck on ubifs update. I turned unit off and pulled out usb stick and turned on. It just comes up on screen with black hole image and receiver says starting but never moves. So I tried the latest version and same problem. The newer version I did download and put on stick from a MacBook.

How can I tell if the box is cloned?
Thanks for the replies

Tammynory

Vu+ Newbie
Try formatting memory stick or using a different stick also might have a dodgy download. If that don't work try openvix or openatv. These seem better vix for me tho

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can you explain to me what the functions are of these software packages. It's difficult to get an overall picture of what I'm actually doing. I previousLy had a technomate 6900super but it packed up and so I bought this and it's all seriously moved on from banging in little patches . Cheers

nunigaia

Just bought it and am quite new to this whole arena. It was out of the box and I tried v 2.1.7 as it said on here somewhere that it was a better version of BH for the solo 2.

It never worked it started working then stuck on ubifs update. I turned unit off and pulled out usb stick and turned on. It just comes up on screen with black hole image and receiver says starting but never moves. So I tried the latest version and same problem. The newer version I did download and put on stick from a MacBook.

How can I tell if the box is cloned?
Thanks for the replies

Post the photos of your STB:

• Front

• Up cover

• Back of STB
best regards
nunigaia

Tammynory

Vu+ Newbie
Front back and internal. Hope these are clear enough for you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    345.9 KB · Views: 30

Tammynory

Vu+ Newbie
tried downloading openvix, extracted it to the usb drive but is still coming with the same fault message. tried the BH older image but not the receiver wont recognise the update on the stick.

Mick12334

Have you tried any different USB sticks?
Have you access to a PC/Laptop, to try formatting your USB stick, using FAT 32, then try loading the image?
Have you contacted your supplier, explained the problem, and asked if he can confirm that the receiver is genuine?

Tammynory

Vu+ Newbie
not contacted the seller yet. have tried two usb sticks forst was a 16g scandisk then a 8gb scandisk both formatted to fat 32

Going to try a 1G sd card in a reader now. going to download latest version of BH and try that.

nunigaia

not contacted the seller yet. have tried two usb sticks forst was a 16g scandisk then a 8gb scandisk both formatted to fat 32

Going to try a 1G sd card in a reader now. going to download latest version of BH and try that.

Make sure you use an USB 2.0 device not a USB 3.0 ... USB 3.0 pen drives can give you troubles during image flashing.

best regard
nunigaia

kikan

Vu+ Newbie
same problem here...
tried to update from 3.0.4 ( update from box do not work) to blackhole 3.0.5 I and i receive this same error/info, tried with same usb, i have genuine box etc..

after reboot im with old version.. strange too..
tried to download two times image file, and i tried with second usb 2.0 4gb stick, same error/ info...

by
kikan

Matrix10

Administrator
same problem here...
tried to update from 3.0.4 ( update from box do not work) to blackhole 3.0.5 I and i receive this same error/info, tried with same usb, i have genuine box etc..

after reboot im with old version.. strange too..
tried to download two times image file, and i tried with second usb 2.0 4gb stick, same error/ info...

by
kikan

Forget BH 3.0.4 and the error is not relevant.VU+ bug.
Install BH 3.0.5.I

The latest Black Hole image is 3.0.5.I Quad PiP

What is new ?

Fix online update bug with some boxes

*** THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A FULL FLASH UPDATE ***

Update online

The latest Black Hole image is 3.0.5.K Quad PiP

What is new ?

[linux-vuplus-3.14.28] fix SRC_URI for patch. (add missing dvbs2x patch for uno4k, ultimo4k)

update drivers(duo2, solo2, solose, zero, zero4k)

[dvbci] Change the location to add vtuner pid.

*** THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS AN ONLINE UPDATE FROM BH 3.0.5.I or 3.0.5.J ***

Follow the update monitor info
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...t-black-hole-version.11396/page-4#post-245107

Last edited: