Ultimo 4K pip bug?

ceruttigino

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, my problem is the following: the pip cannot be moved to the right side of the screen, it is confined inside the top left corner, that is the 25% of the screen only. Is this a known bug or what?

Thanks

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi, my problem is the following: the pip cannot be moved to the right side of the screen, it is confined inside the top left corner, that is the 25% of the screen only. Is this a known bug or what?

Thanks

It is not a bug but it is so standard coded in VU +coding

AlexWilMac

You did not specify which image do you have. In OpenBH (but also BH, if I'm not wrong) long pressing blue you activate PIP. Now, long pressing again blue you'll see some options and, among them, "Move PIP" (green).
Actually it's not only for moving but also for resizing. Press green and follow the instructions.
But if you have installed some plugin to reassign k_eys functions, it won't work.

ceruttigino

Vu+ Newbie
I tried on the BH 303 and Openatv 6 and both gave me this annoying issue, I cannot move the pip to the right of the screen. Why would a deco so powerful be limited to only 25% of the screen? My previous decoder had the entire screen for the pip...

AlexWilMac

So, it seems that the the Ultimo4K version of BH is different. Very odd. In this case, as it is a young model, I suppose it'll be fixed in the future. But this is not the right place for complaints over VU+ product. I sugget you to contact Vu+ directly.

ceruttigino

Vu+ Newbie
So, it seems that the the Ultimo4K version of BH is different. Very odd. In this case, as it is a young model, I suppose it'll be fixed in the future. But this is not the right place for complaints over VU+ product. I sugget you to contact Vu+ directly.

Well, it's not a complaint, I'm just pointing out an unexpected behavior, This decoder is amazing, I wouldn't ever mcomplaint about it

By the way, I see you have a solo 4k, con you confirm me you con move your pip anywhere on the screen? Thanks

nunigaia

Well, it's not a complaint, I'm just pointing out an unexpected behavior, This decoder is amazing, I wouldn't ever mcomplaint about it

By the way, I see you have a solo 4k, con you confirm me you con move your pip anywhere on the screen? Thanks

1) PiP --> Long Blue Button

2) Blue Button to activate PiP function.

Press a 2ND time Long Blue Button

Press Green button to MOVE PiP picture ( P+ / P- ) to increase size or decrease of PIP.

The same way, if you press the arrow buttons around the OK button, you can Move the PIP to the place you want.

Press Yellow button for Swap services.

This is working on lastest on Bh 3.0.3.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Absolutely possible. I'm really surprised if the same image acts differently on the Ultimo4K but I've learned that in IT devices we can't take anything for granted ;)
To be precise, at the moment I have OpenBlackHole but, if I'm not mistaken, I remember that I did exactly the same way in BH. Tomorrow I'll try again.
I move and resize as I wrote: long press of blue to choose the PIP activation; then long press of blue and then green for "Move". There you have the instructions to move (left/right/up/down cursor to move, P+/P- to resize).

ceruttigino

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks guys, but I know how to manage the pip. The problem is that the movement is confined within the top left corner of the screen, it's like there's an invisible wall.

AlexWilMac

It's strange it is in the top left. I've always found it in the top right.
Is your image installed from scratch (by the original file in this forum) or was it a preconfigured backup?

AlexWilMac

Maybe some plugins interfere with PIP functions (it happened to me once). You could do a FullBackup (so to get back to your current installation) and then try to reflash without installing any plugins.
This way, if PIP configuration does not work, you can immediately get back by the full backup.

Matrix10

Administrator
To my knowledge on the 4K boxes PIP is in the right corner and it has no relation with plugins.
It is so coded.
Not BUG.
Bug is quite something else.