Ultimo 4k with no HD Channels

Contact99

Vu+ User
Using BH 3.0.4C
Well I got our Ultimo 4k Going loaded with over 22 Satellites where it goes from sat to sat via DISEqC 1.2 Motor and also DISEqC 1.1 to the fixed dishes and after I was testing I found that it wont lock onto 90% of HD Channels, YES ONLY HD Channels. Yes I have the Duo 2 side by side checking Channels and the Monitor on the Duo2 locks up with a good signal on 1920x1080p yet the Ultimo with its own monitor for testing show nothing. Now The duo 2 is getting 75 % SNR which is good but the Ultimo is getting ZERO NOTHING.
I have the Ultimo 4 k Video set to start with on the HDMI as 1080p. I have a twin /dual FBC Tuners.
Whats going on? or what setting I forgotten to set.

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
Do you use the right tuner inputs?
Did you configure the tuners properly.

What is the signal strength on the channels.

Bad signal means bad setup.

Your information is insufficient for any kind of conclusion.

Test first with only one tuner and Motor ...

Matrix10

Administrator
I'm almost sure that he twisted the tuner connectors
because the tuners /connector arrangement is different on DUO2 and Ultimo 4K

from the back

from right to left ultimo 4K
from left to right Duo 2

you have two inputs per tuner,

this means with two dual FBC tuners four inputs
one Dual FBC tuner two inputs

there are still virtual tuners
four for each physical tuner.

A,B,I,J physical tuner

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
Yes I have one FBC tuner with two inputs, and another with C/T2 for terrestrial TV and that fine. Yes I know that the duo2 is the other way around but the shop put the tuners in and they are the correct way around. I have a very complicated system but so far with the Ultimo 4K this so far is the Only problem I have.
As for what sats I get I get ever thing that is available from a 2.3M mesh dish from 91.5E to 177 deg W thats over 14 Cband sats and everthing works correctly except for some of the HD Channels with GOOD strength and Quality. The duo 2 has standard Tuners for everything for satellite But the Ultimo 4k has ONLY FBC tuners. Can this be a Issue? (Have to go out now for Shopping See ya in the Next Day as I suspect it will be your sleeping time)

Contact99

Vu+ User
Thank you all for answering this issue. As you possible know I used my Duo 2 XML files for the Untimo 4K so one by one I delected the HD Channels and scanned them again and in 19 of 19 times on Different sats they lit up like a Christmas tree. Yeah!!

Question: I have 9 dishes and all of them have a Spaun Multi switch with 8 ports for other decoders to feed from for around the House. Now my Ultimo 4k has taken over the Main Box that controls my 2.3 Mesh dish over the Duo2 so what I would like to know my Ultimo 4K has one Tuner with two FBC inputs in it and one dual C and T2 input for our Terrestrial TV so for now forget about this T2 tuner so what can I do without doing more wiring RG6 Co-Ax modification so what can I do to have more use of this one and only FBC tuner with two inputs.
At the Moment in Reception Setting I have under Choose tuner.

Tuner A: VuPlus DVB-S NIM (45208 FBC)(DVB-S2)
advanced

Tuner B: VuPlus DVB-S NIM (45208 FBC)(DVB-S2)
Not configured

Tuner C: VuPlus DVB-S NIM (45208 FBC)(DVB-S2)
Not configured
<This tuner is configured automatically>

Tuner D: VuPlus DVB-S NIM (45208 FBC)(DVB-S2)
Not configured

Tuner E: VuPlus DVB-S NIM (45208 FBC)(DVB-S2)
Not configured

Tuner F: VuPlus DVB-S NIM (45208 FBC)(DVB-S2)
Not configured

Tuner G: VuPlus DVB-S NIM (45208 FBC)(DVB-S2)
Not configured

Tuner H: VuPlus DVB-S NIM (45208 FBC)(DVB-S2)
Not configured

Tuner I: DVB-T NIM (TT3L10)(DVB-T2)
Switchable tuner types: (DBV-T2, DVB-C)
enabled

J: DVB-T NIM (TT3L10)(DVB-T2)
Switchable tuner types: (DBV-T2, DVB-C)
enabled
Yes All of my Sats (about 15 C Band Satellites via my 2.3 M mesh dish and One Fixed Prodelin offset C Band 1.8 M and 7 offset KU Dishes are controlled by one tuner which is Tuner "A"

So what do you think? can I use Tuner B for the KU dishes?

Thanks

Tururu

BH Lover
The limitation, you have only one cable, if you are interested in having more satellites and being able to record other events.
You can also split the screen in 2 (PAP), up to 4.

Tuner B can be used to put KU dishes.
Now you have Tuner A in use and 6 Tuner in automatic, Tuner B (KU satellites) if you need another tuner, you would also use some of the 6 tuner in automatic.
As you use them with normal LNB, limiting the same band and polarity.
-----------------
La limitacion, tienes un solo cable, si te interesa tener mas satelites y poder grabar otros eventos.
Tambien puedes partir la pantalla en 2 (PAP), hasta 4.

El Tuner B lo puedes usar para poner platos KU.
Ahora tienes en uso el Tuner A y 6 Tuner en automatico, el Tuner B (satelites KU) si necesita otro tuner, usaria tambien alguno de los 6 tuner en automatico.
Como los usas con LNB normales, la limitacion de misma banda y polaridad.

Tururu

BH Lover
About the list of channels.

You can go to the Ultimo4K the list of channels you use in the DUO2 without problems (DreamboxEdit / DreamSet).
All SD / HD channels will work fine.
It is necessary to completely restart the receiver, they are files that are read during startup (satellites.xml).

The DUO2 channels 4K (UHD) also tunes, when loading in the Ultimo4K some are without more and some will have to tune again.

In the channel lists, always delete the "settings" file.
This is useful for any receiver.
In the settings file is the specific configuration of the receiver used and if it is loaded in another, you will not like it.
-------
Sobre la lista de canales.

Puedes pasar al Ultimo4K la lista de canales que uses en el DUO2 sin problemas (DreamboxEdit/DreamSet).
Todos los canales SD/HD funcionaran bien.
Es necesario reiniciar completamente el receptor, son ficheros que se leen durante el arranque (satellites.xml).

El DUO2 los canales 4K (UHD) tambien los sintoniza, al cargar en el Ultimo4K unos se ven sin mas y alguno lo tendras que sintonizar de nuevo.

En las listas de canales siempre borra el fichero "settings".
Asi es util para cualquier receptor.
En el fichero settings va la configuracion especifica del receptor usado y si se carga en otro, no le gustara.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Tuner B can be used to put KU dishes.
Now you have Tuner A in use and 6 Tuner in automatic, Tuner B (KU satellites) if you need another tuner, you would also use some of the 6 tuner in automatic.
As you use them with normal LNB, limiting the same band and polarity.
-----------------
L.

I'll start by putting all the KU Dishes on Tuner "B". Maybe I will have solution of putting the one and only FIXED C Band dish on another tuner without stuffing up the Multi Switch and the Other Decoder (about 6 off them). Its no good if I make the system good for the Ultimo and make 6 other sat boxes inoperative.
Now If I can, can I put the one and only Fixed C Band dish (Prodelin offset dish) to the other input (the bottom one). Do i use the second/bottom of the not used input for this. Remember I have only one Tuner module with two inputs.

Tururu

BH Lover
Tuner B: Fixed C Band dish (Prodelin offset dish)
No problem/Sin problemas.

Slot 1: Tuner A/B 8 tuner FBC.
6 Not configured

Slot 2: nothing
Slot3: Twin DVB-T NIM (TT3L10)(DVB-T2/DVB-C)

Another matter can I use my Vu Duo2 lcd4config for the Ultimo 4k
Thanks
No, they are not different/No, son distintos.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Tuner B: Fixed C Band dish (Prodelin offset dish)
No problem/Sin problemas.

Slot 1: Tuner A/B 8 tuner FBC.
6 Not configured

Slot 2: nothing
Slot3: Twin DVB-T NIM (TT3L10)(DVB-T2/DVB-C)

If I'm correct where you put the lcd4linux file (duo2 copy for the Ultimo 4k) you put it in the /etc/enigma2/ folder in the Ultimo, is this correct. Now its been a long time when I did this on the Duo2 and I notice in Blackhole Green panel on the Duo2 it has "LCD4LINUX in there but its not in the Blackhole Green Panel of the Ultimo 4K. Do I have to download or activate or something else first before I can get my saved copy of my Duo2 lcd4linux and send it to my Ultimo 4L.

Many thanks

Last edited:

Tururu

BH Lover

If I'm correct where you put the lcd4linux file (duo2 copy for the Ultimo 4k) you put it in the /etc/enigma2/ folder in the Ultimo, is this correct. Now its been a long time when I did this on the Duo2 and I notice in Blackhole Green panel on the Duo2 it has "LCD4LINUX in there but its not in the Blackhole Green Panel of the Ultimo 4K. Do I have to download or activate or something else first before I can get my saved copy of my Duo2 lcd4linux and send it to my Ultimo 4L.

Many thanks
LCD DUO2 =/= LCD Ultimo4K
=/= ====> It is not the same

No valen/They are not worth

Si lo quieres entender bien, que no lo quieres entender, igual de bien/If you want to understand it well, you do not want to understand it, just as well.

PS: Por mi parte fin del tema/post.....For my part end of the topic/post.

nunigaia

No, they are different/No, son distintos.

LCD DUO2 =/= LCD Ultimo4K
=/= ====> It is not the same

No valen/They are not worth

Si lo quieres entender bien, que no lo quieres entender, igual de bien/If you want to understand it well, you do not want to understand it, just as well.

PS: Por mi parte fin del tema/post.....For my part end of the topic/post.

Correction ...

The config of Lcd4Linux, regarding Vu Duo2 vs Vu Ultimo4K, can´t be the same.
The screen size of each STB are different. So, they will not work ... if used the same configuration.

best regards
nunigaia

Note for @Contact99 for Ultimo4k config files, take a look here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/lcd4linux-ultimo4k-configs.31147/#post-226487

best regards
nunigaia

Contact99

Vu+ User
Correction ...

The config of Lcd4Linux, regarding Vu Duo2 vs Vu Ultimo4K, can´t be the same.
The screen size of each STB are different. So, they will not work ... if used the same configuration.

best regards
nunigaia

Note for @Contact99 for Ultimo4k config files, take a look here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/lcd4linux-ultimo4k-configs.31147/#post-226487

best regards
nunigaia
Well I will have to start Fresh and make my own one or download someone else s and change if I need too

I have notice in Addons/Addons download Manager/Blackhole Addons Plugins there are TWO LCD4Config. so which one should I use?

LCD4linux V4.7 R4 ARM (IPK Packages) (Blackhole E3)
OR
LCD4Linux V4.8-R1 (IPK Packages0 ( Blackhole)

Thanks

Contact99

Vu+ User
I found it on the Ultimo itself to download under Black hole Addons Plugins
Do I download the V4.7 R4 ARM Version or the LCD4linux 4.8 -R1 (IPK Packages) Blackhole.

Contact99

Vu+ User
I found it on the Ultimo itself to download under Black hole Addons Plugins
Do I download the V4.7 R4 ARM Version or the LCD4linux 4.8 -R1 (IPK Packages) Blackhole.
Disregard this post as two post above did not come on my Computer to start with but when Rebooted my Computer it re appeared.