Ultimo 4k with no HD Channels

Contact99

Vu+ User

Contact99

Vu+ User
I trying to find out how to activate the PICONS on the LEFT on your Channel list. At the moment I have nothing there just the names of each channel in Alphabetical order.
Have a look under the Red circle. otherwise this my Ultimo 4k is the same as below except for different Sat and Channels . Yes I have the all on the right hand side.
4-jpg.31510

Tururu

BH Lover
I trying to find out how to activate the PICONS on the LEFT on your Channel list. At the moment I have nothing there just the names of each channel in Alphabetical order.
Have a look under the Red circle. otherwise this my Ultimo 4k is the same as below except for different Sat and Channels . Yes I have the all on the right hand side.....

The picon are only seen in the list of Favorites/Bouquet.
Never in the general list, be careful.
You are looking at the general list of channels by the comment "in alphabetical order".
----------
Los picon solo se ven en la lista de Favoritos/Bouquet.
Nunca en el listado general, cuidado.
Estas mirando e listado general de canales por el comentario "en orden alfabetico".

You have to search in the receiver's configuration to show picon in the channel list so that you have it the same.

It can be near where you will configure how to see the list of channels, I do not have that image.
In VTI is in VTI configuration
Configuration Channel list.
You will have 2 options +/- where you configure the picon theme and where to have them.
Always in the usb memory, never on the disk.
-----------
Tienes que buscar en la configuracion del receptor mostrar picon en lista de canales para que lo tengas igual.

Puede estar cerca de donde configuraras como ver la lista de canales, no tengo esa imagen.
En VTI esta en configuracion VTI
Configuracion Lista de canales.
Tendras 2 opciones +/- donde lo configuras el tema picon y donde tenerlos.
Siempre en la memoria usb, nunca en el disco.

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
The picon are only seen in the list of Favorites/Bouquet.
Never in the general list, be careful.
You are looking at the general list of channels by the comment "in alphabetical order".
----------
Los picon solo se ven en la lista de Favoritos/Bouquet.
Nunca en el listado general, cuidado.
Estas mirando e listado general de canales por el comentario "en orden alfabetico".

You have to search in the receiver's configuration to show picon in the channel list so that you have it the same.

It can be near where you will configure how to see the list of channels, I do not have that image.
In VTI is in VTI configuration
Configuration Channel list.
You will have 2 options +/- where you configure the picon theme and where to have them.
Always in the usb memory, never on the disk.
-----------
Tienes que buscar en la configuracion del receptor mostrar picon en lista de canales para que lo tengas igual.

Puede estar cerca de donde configuraras como ver la lista de canales, no tengo esa imagen.
En VTI esta en configuracion VTI
Configuracion Lista de canales.
Tendras 2 opciones +/- donde lo configuras el tema picon y donde tenerlos.
Siempre en la memoria usb, nunca en el disco.

Yes I have my Picons in the USB behind the receiver. The Above Screenshot of the Picons looks like for me is the general list as they are in alphabetical order but at the same time you can move them to be in alphabetical order in the favourites if you want to.
I will have to look deeper in the custoimise section and see if anything is in there about this. My Duo2 has the Picons on the Main page and the Favourites.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Yes I got the Picons working on my Channel list in the General section + in the Favourites. Box looking go now except for other issue I have from the day I starting to use the Ultimo 4K that the Duo2 does not have and that is Pixelation every 10 to 15 seconds whilst watch T2 terrestrial local TV. Yes I have the Ultimo and the duo 2 on separate monitors and the Ultimo has this problem. I swap the Duo2 antenna input and its the same. I take a more direct connection from the Antenna bypassing splitters and it still the same, It does this on ALL frequencies and All channels. I have notice the SNR goes from 99 % to (approximately )30% and back to 99%. Again The Vu Duo 2 is perfect. Does anyone have a clue what can be causing this outside a dud C/T2 tuner.
Thanks
All Sats Tuners are perfect!!

Contact99

Vu+ User
I have now ADDED the plugins Extra Channel selections and Start Up to Standby and the Ultmo 4K looks good now. The Plugin Extra Channel selection does make the Ultimo a great box as it give you heaps of option on the way to set it up to your preferences. Im very surprised that members here did not comment about this plugin.
Now on the other issue the pixelation on all (about 60 off them) Terrestrial T2 tv Tuner I: DVB-T NIM (TT3L10)(DVB-T2) and Tuner J: DVB-T NIM (TT3L10)(DVB-T2). Doing testing on whats causing this problem so I turned Tuner "J "off but it made no difference. Yes it does not matter what 60 channels you are on it pixelates ever 8 to 15 seconds. Again it could be a tuner problem because the single Tuner on the Duo2 does not have this issue.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Yes I got the Picons working on my Channel list in the General section + in the Favourites. Box looking go now except for other issue I have from the day I starting to use the Ultimo 4K that the Duo2 does not have and that is Pixelation every 10 to 15 seconds whilst watch T2 terrestrial local TV. Yes I have the Ultimo and the duo 2 on separate monitors and the Ultimo has this problem. I swap the Duo2 antenna input and its the same. I take a more direct connection from the Antenna bypassing splitters and it still the same, It does this on ALL frequencies and All channels. I have notice the SNR goes from 99 % to (approximately )30% and back to 99%. Again The Vu Duo 2 is perfect. Does anyone have a clue what can be causing this outside a dud C/T2 tuner.
Thanks
All Sats Tuners are perfect!!
I found what was causing this problem of Pixelation which was causing the Untimo to play up on Terrestrial Tv via T2 It was caused by the Mast head Amp being to high I dropped the gain down a little and all is fine now.

Tururu

BH Lover
I found what was causing this problem of Pixelation which was causing the Untimo to play up on Terrestrial Tv via T2 It was caused by the Mast head Amp being to high I dropped the gain down a little and all is fine now.

Congratulations.a5995.gif
An optimal level is between 45dBμV and 80dBμV, the TDT tuner can give problems by little signal as by excess.
I'll point out the symptoms you had.

I have a programmable control unit to not have more than 20dB of difference between the lowest and the strongest, being able to tune up to 160 TDT channels
----------
Felicidades.a5995.gif
Un nivel optimo esta entre 45dBµV y 80dBµV, el tuner de TDT puede dar problemas por poca señal como por exceso.
Apunto los sintomas que tenias.

Tengo una centralita programable para no tener mas de 20dB de diferencia entre el mas bajo y el mas fuerte, pudiendo sintonizar hasta 160 canales TDT.

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
Tuner B: Fixed C Band dish (Prodelin offset dish)
No problem/Sin problemas.

Slot 1: Tuner A/B 8 tuner FBC.
6 Not configured
<This tuner is configured automatically>

Slot 2: nothing
Slot3: Twin DVB-T NIM (TT3L10)(DVB-T2/DVB-C)

After all this time doing things for the House It time to do more work on the Ultimo 4K.
Just to give you some info. "EG" putting all my Ku satellite on Tuner B in Reception Settings not on the second lower Tuner. That will be used on another matter.
1/ I still have one cable going to the top TUNER on the Ultimo 4K which I think its Tuner A (forget the Terrestrial TV that has a cable going to it)
2/ All my CBand (about 12) and Ku band satellites ( About 6) are on Tuner A in Reception Settings.
3/ Now I want to move all my KU 6 Satellites (which are on tuner "A" to tuner B in reception settings and still use the Single cable.

The question I would like to know now is:

4/ Do I have to remove the 6 Ku Satellite from the Reception Setting under Tuner "A" so I can tune them in Tuner "B" and find them when scanning under Tuner "B". I would think that you have to remove the Ku Sats from Reception setting tuner A to go to B. I will do one at a time just to test.
5/ Do I have manually remove the Channels/transponders from the Ultimo 4k or just delete the Satellite in Reception settings and all the Channels Transponder will go with that satellite. Look at Photo Below (please note that this Sat Chinsat 6B at 115 Deg E is Cband and its a example ,not the ones I want to delete. Once I have this window open I HIT "NO" until I find the Correct Ku Satellite to delete from Reception Setting Tuner "A".
DSC02442.jpg

Last edited:

Tururu

BH Lover
Do not lie, from the beginning do not erase any satellites from the file satellites.xml, if you delete it, you will lose it and then it will be added, they are a few kbs in data size.
If you have correctly configured the tuner, you can delete it, but as I say, it is a few data kbs to have / remove them.
Continues without understanding how these tuners work, by knowledge or by language (sorry for the translation).
If you come from normal receivers, the issue is a bit more complicated.

In Enigma, the receiver points all the data of the channels that it has in the file lamedb, then see that tuner has available the receiver and its configuration, when you want to tune a channel of such satellite, according to availability, so it comes.

I have a single channel list for many years with more than 12000 channels currently, which I can tune from Madrid (Spain) in Ku band, I use it in all the equipment, it has 65 satellites, of which I tune to 54, plus 6 for tests (as Dakar among them).
I have a DB800S-HD satellite engine.
In 2xVu + Duo2 (4 tuner), with Astra by unicable and monoblock Astra19-Hot Bird13.
In Vu + Duo2 (4 tuner), with Astra19, Astra28 / Hispasat by DiSEqC 2x1 and engine (54 satellites) connected to the last tuner.
VU + Ultimo4K, Unicable Astra19, Tuner A, B, Tuner C with DiSEqC Astra19 / HotBird / Astra28 / Hispasat and Tuner D with motor.
Since I have more than one tuner change the chip, I know it is not easy to understand, it is funny to see when you ask for a second channel of a satellite that is in some fixed antenna and you see that it moves the motor to be able to tune.

Your installation:
You have to configure the Tuner A: with all CBand (about 12) around 12 satellites in C band and only in this tuner, perfect.
You have to configure the Tuner B: with all KU 6 Satellites (the satellites 6 that are and only in this tuner), perfect.
The rest of tuner has to be in automatic / not configured (depending on the image you have).
As more tuner is needed, the deco uses them for the 2 tuners.

I do not have C-band satellites, but set Tuner A with satellite 1 and Tuner B with satellite 2, the 6 tuner receiver uses them interchangeably for the 2 satellites, you do not have to do anything, 100% verified.
I comment it because it is not necessary to update the list of channels according to which tuner you tune the satellite / channel, that is "automatic".
Important, if you make changes in the configuration of the tuner (which satellite and why tuner), when saving saves the changes, in these decos with enigma (linux), they are saved in memory, to save the file, you have to restart GUI , to finish, reboots the deco completely so that everything is 100%, the satellite.xml file is only read at the start of the receiver

I would ask for photos of the configuration of Tuner A and B, made from the receiver, using the PC browser, put the IP of the deco, enter OpenWebif, under the virtual control, you have the option of "Screen Capture", the You upload it to the forum, it will look much better when there are many data.

I hope not to liarte, a greeting.
==============
No te lies, de entrada no borres ningun satelite del fichero satellites.xml, si lo borras, lo perderas y luego toca añadir, son unos pocos kbs en tamaño de datos.
Si tienes correctamente configurados los tuner, los puedes borrar, pero como digo, son unos pocos kbs de datos tenerlos/quitarlos.
Continuas sin entender como funcionan estos tuner, por conocimientos ó por idioma (lo siento por la traduccion).
Si vienes de receptores normales, el tema es un pelin mas complicado.

En Enigma, el receptor apunta todos los datos de los canales que tiene sisntonizados en el fichero lamedb, luego mira que tuner tiene disponibles el receptor y su configuracion, cuando quieres sintonizar un canal de tal satelite, segun disponibilidad, asi procede.

Tengo una unica lista de canales desde hace muchos años con mas de 12000 canales actualmente, que puedo sintonizar desde Madrid (españa) en banda Ku, la utilizo en todos los equipos, tiene 65 satelites, de los cuales sintonizo 54, mas 6 para pruebas (como Dakar entre ellos).
Tengo motor de satelite DB800S-HD.
En 2xVu+Duo2 (4 tuner), con Astra por unicable y monoblock Astra19-Hot Bird13.
En Vu+Duo2 (4 tuner), con Astra19, Astra28/Hispasat por DiSEqC 2x1 y motor (54 satelites) conectado al ultimo tuner.
VU+Ultimo4K, Astra19 unicable, tuner A, B, Tuner C con DiSEqC Astra19/HotBird/Astra28/Hispasat y Tuner D con motor.
Desde que tengo mas de un tuner cambie el chip, se que no es facil de entender, es gracioso ver cuando le pides un segundo canal de un satelite que esta en alguna antena fija y ves que mueve el motor para poder sintonizar.

Tu isntalacion:
Tienes que configurar el Tuner A: con todo CBand (about 12) alrededor de 12 satelites en banda C y solo en este tuner, perfecto.
Tienes que configurar el Tuner B: con todo KU 6 Satellites (los satelites 6 que sean y solo en este tuner), perfecto.
El resto de tuner tiene que estar en automatico/no se configuran (segun la imagen que tengas).
Segun se necesitan mas tuner, el deco los usa para los 2 tuner.

No tengo satelites banda C, pero configurado el Tuner A con el satelite 1 y el Tuner B con el satelite 2, los 6 tuner el receptor los usa indistintamente para los 2 satelites, no tienes que hacer nada, verificado al 100%.
Lo comento pues no es necesario actualizar el listado de canales segun con que tuner sintonices el satelite/canal, eso es "automatico".
Importante, si realizas cambios en la configuracion de los tuner (que satelite y por que tuner), al salir guarda los cambios, en estos decos con enigma (linux), se guardan en memoria, para salvar realemten a fichero, tienes que reiniciar GUI, para terminar, reinica el deco completamente para que todo este al 100%, el fichero satellite.xml solo se lee en el arranque del receptor

Te pediria fotos de la configuracion de los Tuner A y B, realizadas desde el receptor, usando el navegador del PC, pon la IP del deco, entras por OpenWebif, debajo del mando vitual, tienes la opcion de "Captura de pantall", la foto la subes al foro, se vera mucho mejor cuando son muchos los datos.

Esperro no liarte, un saludo.

Ejemplo: Configuracion_DiSEqC_4x1_FBC.jpg
Configuracion_DiSEqC_4x1_FBC.jpg

Contact99

Vu+ User
Your installation:
You have to configure the Tuner A: with all CBand (about 12) around 12 satellites in C band and only in this tuner, perfect.
You have to configure the Tuner B: with all KU 6 Satellites (the satellites 6 that are and only in this tuner), perfect.
The rest of tuner has to be in automatic / not configured (depending on the image you have).
As more tuner is needed, the deco uses them for the 2 tuners.
Using BH 3.0.5
The above is 100% correct. Can you please show me how to set the both Tuner "A" and Tuner "B" up. I am using the ADVANCE MODE (at the moment) on Tuner "A" for all sats which at the moment controls all Satellites vis DiseQc 1.1 (6 fixed dished) and diseQc 1.2 ( 12Cband Sats) for my 2.3M mesh CBand steerable dish
So how do I set up in my Reception Settings to do this after I engage Tuner "B" in Advance Mode first. What comes next. Remember I only have ONE RG6 cable going to the Ultimo for the Sat dual Tuner (twin inputs on the tuner module only using one cable)
If this can be done by having one RG6 going to the top of the Sat tuner can you please give me the path of doing this.
What to set.
1/ Set Tuner "B" in Advanced
2/
3/
4/
5/
6/
Son on. so on.
Finished

Tuner C to H set at Automatic Using BH 3.0.5
Tuner i and j for Terrestrial TV all is ok there.

Many thanks for your help

Tururu

BH Lover
Tuner X.- DiseQc 1.1 (6 fixed dished)
Tuner X .- diseQc 1.2 ( 12Cband Sats) for my 2.3M mesh CBand steerable dish

What I do not understand ... you indicate that only one RG6 cable arrives at the 2 tuners of the Ultimo4K.
As you did not comment as you had the installation working on another receiver, the truth, no idea.
We hope that an installer passes by and tells us how it is done.
----------
Lo que no entiendo.... indicas que solo llega un cable RG6 a los 2 tuner del Ultimo4K.
Como no comentes como tenias la instalacion funcionando en otro receptor, la verdad, ni idea.
Esperemos que pase un instalador y nos cuente como se hace.

DiSEqC 1.1 8x1.

Ejemplo LNB1 al LNB6, la configuración quedaría tal que así, del compañero Marky (2009), no se admiten reclamaciones, no la tengo, no la uso.
Example LNB1 to LNB6, the configuration would be such that, like Marky (2009), no claims are allowed, I do not have it, I do not use it.

LNB 1
1 Toneburst : no
2 DiSEqC mode : Version 1.1
3 DiSEqC Parameter : A/A
4 DiSEqC Repeats : no
5 Uncommitted switch : Input 1
6 Sequence repeat : no
7 Swap Commands : no
8 Fast DiSEqC : no

LNB 2
3 DiSEqC Parameter : A/B

LNB 3
3 DiSEqC Parameter : B/A
LNB 4
3 DiSEqC Parameter : B/B

LNB 5
3 DiSEqC Parameter : A/A
5 Uncommitted switch : Input 2

LNB 6
3 DiSEqC Parameter : A/B
5 Uncommitted switch : Input 2

Contact99

Vu+ User
Tuner X.- DiseQc 1.1 (6 fixed dished)
Tuner X .- diseQc 1.2 ( 12Cband Sats) for my 2.3M mesh CBand steerable dish

What I do not understand ... you indicate that only one RG6 cable arrives at the 2 tuners of the Ultimo4K.
As you did not comment as you had the installation working on another receiver, the truth, no idea.
Please Don't insult me as I have done the Complete installation myself.
1/ I have 9 Dishes
2/ I have 8 port DISEqC switch, The Ultimo 4k box is connect to this switch (ONE CABLE), so each other port is (8 of them) is connected to 8 port Spaun multi Switch. Yes each dish has its own Multi Switch that's 8 dishes being controlled by the Ultimo that includes the steerable 2.3M dish
2/ Again All dishes have a Spaun Multi Switch that's 9 off them screwed behind my decoder cabinet. so that means each dish has 2 port LNB on the dish, two RG6 cable going to the Spaun Multi Switch
3/ The CBand 2.3M Dish also have a Spaun Multi Switch but has a 4 port yes 4 port LNBF. 2 port goes to multi switch, the third one go's back to the ultimo
4/ Its simple I have ONE WIRE, ONE RG6 for Sat and ONE RG6 for terrestrial on the Ultimo.
5/ So the Ultimo uses the ONE RG6 sat cable and that goes to the 8 port DISEqC switch then leave at port one and goes to VBOX then to the 3rd PORT OF THE 2.3M Dish. Yes the third port Remember this dish has a 4 port LNBF. the 4th is a spare. Being a 2.3M dish and the distance between the TV room and my Dish farm (75M) I had trouble of losses (small dish 2.3M) going from Untimo/diseqc switch/multiswitch then to the LNB so I made it ultimo/diseqc switch/ lnb. Please remember that two cable goes from the 2.3M dish to the multi switch so other boxes can have a feed
6/ The duo 2 has its own 8 port DISEqC switch and it connect to ALL of the multi switch behind the cabinet (A copy of the Ultimo 4K)
7/ The 9th dish is used for other decoders for other reasons
8/ You don't need to know what I doing with all these decoders in one room.
9/ I also let you know I suffered from a STROKE at 9.36pm early in 2016 (over 65 year old) and sometime I struggle understanding people ESPECIALLY if the person I'm talking to whose English is not their native language.
10/I prayed to God that this does not happen to my Colleague which are All Electrical Engineers and they have seen me go through Hell
11/ I think about you at 9.36 PM tonight
10/ END. Don't need your insults anymore because the Ultimo 4k works extremely well using tuner A for all sats the same with the duo2 all I was trying to do is use the second tuner without modifying my system to MUCH.
Bye look after your Health because a Stroke effects you to a point that you cannot speak or EVEN TYPE. It has take me 1hr 15 min hour to to type this.

Tururu

BH Lover
Esto es lo que dices..../This is what you say ....
=================================================
.....Can you please show me how to set the both Tuner "A" and Tuner "B" up. I am using the ADVANCE MODE (at the moment) on Tuner "A" for all sats which at the moment controls all Satellites vis DiseQc 1.1 (6 fixed dished) and diseQc 1.2 ( 12Cband Sats) for my 2.3M mesh CBand steerable dish
So how do I set up in my Reception Settings to do this after I engage Tuner "B" in Advance Mode first. What comes next. Remember I only have ONE RG6 cable going to the Ultimo for the Sat dual Tuner (twin inputs on the tuner module only using one cable)
If this can be done by having one RG6 going to the top of the Sat tuner can you please give me the path of doing this.
What to set.
1/ Set Tuner "B" in Advanced
2/3/4/5/6/
Son on. so on.
Finished

Tuner C to H set at Automatic Using BH 3.0.5
Tuner i and j for Terrestrial TV all is ok there.
Many thanks for your help
=====================================================
Mi respuesta...My answer...

----------
Lo que no entiendo.... indicas que solo llega un cable RG6 a los 2 tuner del Ultimo4K.
Como no comentes como tenias la instalacion funcionando en otro receptor, la verdad, ni idea.
Esperemos que pase un instalador y nos cuente como se hace.

Cuentas que tiene la instalacion, solo 6 satelites banda KU y 12 satelites banda C.
No es saber que haces con los equipos, no me importa, es saber que tienes para poder conectar lo mejor posible al nuevo equipo
Con esos datos, como no pase un instalador y cuente como se hace, los demas que no somos instaladores y no tenemos ni idea de la instalacion que tienes, que puede ser la mas normal donde vives, pues poco mas pudo decir.
Gracias por decir ahora que tienes y como lo tienes conectado.
No soy instalador, solo un aficionado a estos temas que intenta ayudar con las dudas que tienen otros compañeros.

Por desgracia, cada uno disfruta (ironia) de sus problemas, yo desde 1996 como mejor puedo y desde 2017 con extras.
3 meses apagado completamente, mover el raton (un chiste), como limpiar los dientes.
Despues de 22 años, mas los ultimos 5 meses, en algun post, termino con la frase: Fin de la re-habilitacion por hoy.
Como no estas en la lista de mis amigos (ellos saben que no miento), no me acordare de tus problemas.

Mejora de salud, no lo tengo que decir gritando, suerte, adios.
Como todo funcina 100%, perfecto.
Disculpas por la traduccion.

================

Accounts that have the installation, only 6 satellite bands KU and 12 satellites band C.
It's not knowing what you do with the equipment, I do not care, it's knowing that you have to be able to connect as best as possible to the new equipment
With these data, as not pass an installer and tell how it is done, others that we are not installers and we have no idea of the installation you have, which may be the most normal where you live, as little else could say.
Thank you for saying now that you have and how you have it connected.
I'm not an installer, just an amateur to these issues that tries to help with the doubts that other colleagues have.

Unfortunately, everyone enjoys (irony) their problems, I since 1996 as best I can and since 2017 with extras.
3 months off completely, move the mouse (a joke), how to clean the teeth.
After 22 years, plus the last 5 months, in some post, I finish with the phrase: End of the re-habilitation for today.
Since you are not on my friends list (they know I'm not lying), I will not remember your problems.

Health improvement, I do not have to say shouting, luck, goodbye.
As everything works 100%, perfect.
Apologies for the translation.

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
The system was done by me 8 years ago. those days the Master box was a DUMB box that controlled the 8 port DISCqC Switch (DISEqC 1.1) then to multiswitch. The second box was even basic box that controlled the second 8 port DISEqC Switch. As time went on I change to more Advance boxed AZBOX Primum + and first Openbox and after this I change to the Vu Duo2 and the AZBOX and now I have the Ultimo 4K and the Duo 2 but still have the same configuration wiring as what I had 8 years ago. The Whole system works extremely well and the only issue I have is the distance from the tv room and the dishes. I even replaced some of the RG6 with RG 11 and that helped but made me poor.
Anyhow I will leave it to TUNER A for everything as it works well. The way I want to use Tuner "B" (DISEqC 1.1 Dishes) for Ku sats and one FIXED Cband Dish sounds to be complicated and made harder because of our language barriers.