Ultimo 4K with two T/T2 tuner

Contact99

Vu+ User
I trying to Tune my Ultimo 4k using the terrestrial TWIN T/T2 tuners. Now we have two Transmission towers, One north and one south of us with different channels and for the last three years (Vu Duo2) i have all the channels on both transmission towers tuned to one tuner (duo2) but now I have the Ultimo with Twin T/T2 Tuners I want to tune Tower A on Tuner "I" and Tower B on tuner "J" but when ever I try to do this everything defaults back to Tuner "I"
I even tried to disconnect one antenna at a time but I failed to do it.
What am I doing wrong? I would like to have our Main Capital City on "I" and the Northern Regional tower on "J"
Can a member here give me the procedure on doing this. (Please Note I have the TWIN T/T2 Tuner but have only ONE in and one OUT. Both tower are "T" Only, not T2. Using BH 3.0.5
Thanks!

Ev0

Admin
Unless you can select your specific regions in the tuner setup, then I don't think it will be possible to do it the way you want to do it.

Tururu

BH Lover
It's not possible.
The 2 TDT tuner only have one input.
In the DUO2 with single/Twin tuner it is the same.

In TDT it is not possible to indicate which channels to tune in each tuner, in the case of having more DTT tuner (USB).
For this problem, I have a programmable control unit to tune 3 repeater channels and have the signal within good levels.
----------------
No es posible.
Los 2 tuner TDT solo tienen una entrada.
En el DUO2 con tuner sencillo/dobles es igual.

En TDT no sepuede indicar que canales sintonizar en cada tuner, en el caso de tener mas tuner de TDT (USB).
Para este problema, tengo una centralita programable para sintonizar canales de 3 repetidores y tener la señal dentro de unos buenos niveles.

Tururu

BH Lover
Unless you can select your specific regions in the tuner setup, then I don't think it will be possible to do it the way you want to do it.

You are absolutely right, having 2 terrestrials.xml allows you to tune different channels in each tuner
The problem is that we only have one antenna input for the 2 tuner.
The repeaters are so close, they will probably enter through the antenna of the repeated local channels, the channels of the other repeater and they will be given out of cakes (the channel has a level of errors such that it remains black).
With the programmable control unit you solve this problem, you let pass the channels of each repeater that you want and adjust the signal levels.
Then I do some tests with 2 terrestrial.xml out of curiosity using different physical tuner.
----------
Tienes toda la razon, tener 2 terrestriales.xml permite sintonizar canales distintos en cada tuner
El problema es que solo tenemos una entrada de antena para los 2 tuner.
Estando tan proximos los repetidores, seguramente entren por la antena del repetido de canales locales, los canales del otro repetidor y se daran de tortas (el canal tiene un nivel de errores tal que se queda negro).
Con la centralita programable solucionas este problema, dejas pasar los canales de cada repetidor que quieras y ajustas los niveles de señal.
Luego realizo unas pruebas con 2 terrestrial.xml por curiosidad usando tuner distintos fisicamente.

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User

What a Bummer, Our Capital Channels are VHF and they range from 160 to 300 MHz, Our regional channels because I live North off the city are UHF from 599 to 700MHz. Yes I have Two antennas and the join the main cable on the mast head amplifier.
What I was doing I was selecting to scan the frequencies for the capital city with the Southern VHF antenna using TUNER "I" . Then after scanned I would disconnect the City Antenna (South) and reconnect the Northern UHF antenna and scan that using the "J" TUNER but it would revert back to "I". I though my procedure in doing it was wrong as I tried Just about everything (I say just about everything)The reason why I got the TWIN T/T2 tuner is because I though I could do this so if you cannot do this Whats the advantage of having a TWIN compared to a Single Terrestrial T/T2 Tuner?

AlexWilMac

That, obviously, you'll be able to watch and record different channels. Your need is quite unlikely.
If I were you, I'd try to mix the two antennas so you should be able to tune all the channels, from both, at the same time.

Ev0

Admin
The reason why I got the TWIN T/T2 tuner is because I though I could do this so if you cannot do this Whats the advantage of having a TWIN compared to a Single Terrestrial T/T2 Tuner?
So you can watch 1 channel on 1 frequency and record a channel on a different frequency at the same time.

Tururu

BH Lover
As @Ev0 indicates. a6777.gif
Having a Twin tuner allows you to watch / record 2 mux / different frequencies that with a single tuner, it is not possible (with all the channels that each mux/frequency then has).

Mix the signal of several antennas, it is only possible without problems if ...
When they have similar signal levels.
When you do not have mux/repeated frequencies in another repeater / antenna.
When the antenna2 does not reach the signal coming through the antenna1 (for example).
If any of these conditions does not occur, you need to filter/equalize the signals before mixing.
That's why you need a programmable control unit (it's the cheapest due to the subject of future adaptations to current and future mobile telephony).

It allows to equalize the levels of the mux/frequencies that interest you of the 2 antennas, without letting pass what does not interest and that the tuner works at 100%.
-------
Como indica Ev0. a6777.gif
Tener un tuner Twin permite ver/grabar 2 mux/frecuencias distintas que con un solo tuner, no es posible (con todos los canales que luego tenga cada mux/frecuencia).

Mezclar la señal de varias antenas, solo es posible sin problemas si.......
Cuando tienen niveles de señal similar.
Cuando no tienes mux/frecuencias repetidas enl otro repetidor/antena.
Cuando por la antena2 no llega señal que entra por la antena1 (por ejemplo).
Si alguna de estas condiciones no se da, necesitas filtrar/equalizar las señales antes de mezclar.
Por eso necesitas una centralita programable (es lo mas barato por el tema de la adaptaciones futuras a la telefonia mobil actuales y futuras).

Permite igualar los niveles de los mux/frecuencias que te interesan de las 2 antenas, sin dejar pasar lo que no interesa y que el tuner funcione al 100%.

Tururu

BH Lover
@Contact99
If you can not join the signals without interfering, mux/frequencies/channels are canceled, you have to use a programmable DTT control unit.
Filtering and equalizing the signal of the channels that interest, you only pass the frequencies you want and leave them within a similar level/value, compensating the level differences
If you do not make these adjustments, for example, the signal level of a national repeater (national channels), when mixed with a local (village) repeater that emits very little power, you literally eat them, you do not see them/not you can tune them
The levels of errors in the signal means that you do not tune anything in that frequency/mux.

In my case with 2 antennas pointing to 2 repeaters (at 180º) I have a repeater signal at 22km (Torrespaña/Madrid), for this same antenna I tune a local repeater at 7km and on the other antenna, a repeater at 100km (Bustares/Guadalajara), I have 160 channels (TV, radio and 4K (UHD)).
------
Si no puedes unir las señales sin que se interfieran, se anulen mux/frecuencias/canales, tienes que usar una centralita programable de TDT.
Filtrando y equalizando la señal de los canales que interesan, solo dejas pasar las frecuencias que quieres y las dejas dentro de un nivel/valor similar, compensando las diferencias de nivel
Si no realizas estos ajuste, por ejemplo, el nivel de señal de un repetidor nacional (canales nacionelas), al mezclar con un repetidor local (de pueblo) que emite con muy muy poca potencia, se los come literalmente, no los ves/no los puedes sintonizar.
Los niveles de errores en la señal hace que no sintonices nada en esa frecuencia/mux.

En mi caso con 2 antenas apuntando a 2 repetidores (a 180º) tengo señal de un repetidor a 22km (Torrespaña/Madrid), por esta misma antena sintonizo un repetidor local a 7km y por la otra antena, un repetidor a 100km (Bustares/Guadalajara), tengo 160 canales (TV, radio y 4K (UHD)).

Tururu

BH Lover
This is a test to play, having the 2 antennas together in the tuner, the interferences are not removed

Now I can not test with the tuner twin of the last 4K, I'll look at dawn, I only have internal/original tuners, use the same as the DUO2.
Using a PlayTV (2 tuner usb), it does not separate the tuner when configuring with 2 different terrestrials.
I added an RTL2832 and now yes, I can already select what channel to tuner.

Tuner configuration C-D with PlayTV (terestrial without 2 mux/frequencies), tuner E with RTL2832 (terrestrial with 2 mux/frequencies).
First launch a search by cleaning channels with tuner C.
Then I look for channels with tuner E cleaning channels (the 2 missing mux).
When I put the channel atreseries HD, it jumps to tuner E.

-----
Esto es una prueba por jugar, al tener juntas/mezcladas las 2 antenas en el tuner, las interferencias no se quitan

Ahora no puedo probar con el tuner twin del ultimo4K, mirare de madrugada, solo tengo tuner sencillos internos/originales, usa los mismos que el DUO2.
Usando una PlayTV (2 tuner usb), no separa los tuner al configurar con 2 terrestriales diferente.
Añadi un RTL2832 y ahora si, ya puedo seleccionar bien que canal a que tuner.

Configuracion tuner C-D con PlayTV (terestrial sin 2 mux/frecuencias), tuner E con RTL2832 (terrestrial con 2 mux/frecuencias).
Primero lanzar una busqueda limpiando canales con el tuner C.
Luego busco canales con el tuner E limpiando canales (los 2 mux que faltan).
Cuando pongo el canal atreseries HD, salta al tuner E.

2_terrestrila_xlm.jpg ==> VU+DUO2.
2_terrestrila_xlm.jpg

Contact99

Vu+ User
@Contact99
national repeater (national channels), when mixed with a local (village) repeater that emits very little power, you literally eat them, you do not see them/not you can tune them
The levels of errors in the signal means that you do not tune anything in that frequency/mux.

Sorry for the delay replying duo to no internet from storms.

All the frequencies on both towers (north and South) have different frequencies.
Both our transmitters are about 175 deg apart and they are both very strong. All our capital cities Channels/frequencies have about 6 to 8 channel for each mux and I noticed that after starting the Ultimo all that channel on that mux add all the shows and what on next. Now for that frequencies you might have 6 channels but I notice without touch the Ultimo I also update most of the other Channels on different frequencies without touching anything. I will start the untimo and see how many frequency update without changing to another mux.

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
Sorry for the delay replying duo to no internet from storms.

Now for that frequencies you might have 6 channels but I notice without touch the Ultimo I also update most of the other Channels on different frequencies without touching anything.

Must have got my wires crossed as I have in my favorite channels from different towers one after each other (Mixed) so even If I change one channel I automatically update the 6 or 7 of the Others in that mux.