Uno 4k no boot, no video, no update..

Redshock

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, suddenly my vu + uno 4K does not start, nor does it allow updating by usb, I turn on and it does not finish booting, it is seen that the command acts and the Led, but does not start the logo.

It does not even let me enter the official signature, nor does it connect to the dcc.

Any solution? Thank you.

AlexWilMac

Yes: bring it to a technician as, almost certainly, it has got some capacitors blown up.
And, if it's not due to capacitors, is 99% a HW problem.

blu8

Vu+ User
have you tried to change the usb stick? disconnect Harddisk all USB-Stick and the ethernet cable and try again.

Inviato dal mio EVA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

superglud

BH Lover
I have had this issue also … it was the "detachable HDD bracket for 2.5” HDD" that was not fully inserted.
So the Internal HDD was not fully connected.
So the Box would not start correctly.

Best Regards

Redshock

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, very thanks ;).
have you tried to change the usb stick? disconnect Harddisk all USB-Stick and the ethernet cable and try again.

Yes, and nothing.

I have had this issue also … it was the "detachable HDD bracket for 2.5” HDD" that was not fully inserted.
So the Internal HDD was not fully connected.
So the Box would not start correctly.

Best Regards

I have the external hdd via USB.

AlexWilMac

As I said, 99% is a HW failure, almost certainly due to blown up capacitors.
And, by the way, if flashing is not possible and every SW-side attempt fails, there is no other way than taking it to a technician.
Do you see, for instance, some capacitors that look like the one attached?

Attachments

• Condensatori-VuDuo2.jpg
    Condensatori-VuDuo2.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 19

blu8

Vu+ User
Not possibile.
the box is too recent. if hardware failure breaks the Motherboard

Redshock

Vu+ Newbie
As I said, 99% is a HW failure, almost certainly due to blown up capacitors.
And, by the way, if flashing is not possible and every SW-side attempt fails, there is no other way than taking it to a technician.
Do you see, for instance, some capacitors that look like the one attached?

No, I have opened it and I do not see any swollen capacitor or some component in bad condition, same problem that this user:

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-uno-4k-doesnt-boot-or-reflash.37155/

Bad lucky, 3 1/2 years old :(

blu8

Vu+ User
sure to install the image for uno4k and not a 4kSE? use usb Stick with led, and observe if it blinks during the flash. Last thing you could try is flash the original vuplus image for uno4k (NOT SE)

Redshock

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, it sure is for my Uno 4K , the problem is that it does not emit / receive communication or power through any port, since if I connect a hdd, it does not do anything, it does not move, neither does the pendrives emit light.

AlexWilMac

So, anyway, a HW failure ;)
But a good technician might find the problem. After all, a motherboard has got also many replaceable parts, not only IC ones.

Redshock

Vu+ Newbie
I have spoken with an official technician, and according to I have commented on the failures, he has told me that it could be 2 things, or the power supply or the motherboard, I will see if I can test it with another power supply.

I will comment on how it goes, and how I have solved it. Thank you