Uno 4K, Uno 4K SE, Zero 4K and DTT/TDT/DVB-T usb tuners on BlackHole

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
This thread is meant to be the landing destination for the poor souls desperately googling about current and updated information about the ARM drivers in BlackHole to support dvb-t dtt tdt usb tuners such as:

geniatech t230
pctv292e
opticombo t330
af9015
af9035 (e.g. Avermedia A867, Sky led blu)
as102
dib0700 (e.g. Sony PlayTV SCEH-0036)
dtt200u
dvbsky classic
dw2102
em28xx
it913x
opticombo dvb-t2/c
opticombo usb s960
pctv452e
rtl2832
siano
tbs
tbs5520
turbo

As of 3.0.4.D (November 2017), only the Vu+ Turbo tuner is recognized and fully working on BH on ARM 4K Vu+ STBs.

As soon as possible I will buy a second Vu+ Turbo to test if at least on BH it is possible to use 2 (or more) identical Turbo tuners.

By the way all the tuners (or better, drivers, associated to multiple tuners) listed above are supported on Open Black Hole (you just need to download the appropriate driver with your remote control from the download plugin feed) and I suggest you use Open Black Hole if you own one of those usb dvb-t tuners, you will only lose one BlackHole feature: Fast Channel Change.

Last edited:

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
If you land here from Google or otherwise, feel free to share your experience, maybe the developers will read and listen.

For context, the first ARM-based Vu+ STB (Solo 4K) was launched more than 2 years ago and we still don’t have proper dvb-t usb ARM drivers built-in.

Those ARM drivers exist, they are in fact present in Vu+ own nightly builds of their official firmware, found here:

http://code.vuplus.com/

BlackHole is based on those original firmwares.

nunigaia

If you land here from Google or otherwise, feel free to share your experience, maybe the developers will read and listen.

For context, the first ARM-based Vu+ STB (Solo 4K) was launched more than 2 years ago and we still don’t have proper dvb-t usb ARM drivers built-in.

Those ARM drivers exist, they are in fact present in Vu+ own nightly builds of their official firmware, found here:

http://code.vuplus.com/

BlackHole is based on those original firmwares.

Do you have Afatech AF9015 device?

I don´t have any DVT-USB device, but in any case, if you have, what did you get if you install it by telnet by running those commands ( on running BlackHole 3.0.4D image ):

Code:
opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-af9015

opkg install media-tree-module-dvb-usb-af9015

reboot

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

I have af9035 and dib0070.

Do you have telnet commands for af9035?

for af9035 try

Code:
opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-af9035

opkg install media-tree-module-dvb-usb-af9035

reboot

try it and reply

best regards
nunigaia

Note:

For dib0070

only drivers found ( there's "no firmware" on the feeds )

Code:
opkg install media-tree-module-dib0070

reboot

§ Drivers and firmware ( af9035 ) are already embedded on image ( at least, i tested on Duo2 ), i can´t test for now on Ultimo4k .... but i think is the same.

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

nunigaia

With this command do you think it will work?

Hi mate, if you read my previous posts, i said that i do not "own" any dvt-usb.

If you read my post #5, the blue letters, i said that for af9035 the drivers and firmware are embedded on image ( Duo2 ), so you don´t need to do install nothing, and the device shoud be detected normally.

I don´t said that will work. ( this is just a try ).

best regards
nunigaia

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
for af9035 try

Code:
opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-af9035

opkg install media-tree-module-dvb-usb-af9035

reboot

try it and reply

best regards
nunigaia

Note:

For dib0070

only drivers found ( there's "no firmware" on the feeds )

Code:
opkg install media-tree-module-dib0070

reboot

§ Drivers and firmware ( af9035 ) are already embedded on image ( at least, i tested on Duo2 ), i can´t test for now on Ultimo4k .... but i think is the same.

best regards
nunigaia

No it’s not the same the Duo2, it’s completely different, Duo2 is MIPSEL, it is not ARM. That’s the whole problem. We Vu+ 4K users need ARM drivers. Old MIPSEL drivers are useless for us.

I will try the commands later today when I have time.

krime

Vu+ User
Hi mate, if you read my previous posts, i said that i do not "own" any dvt-usb.

If you read my post #5, the blue letters, i said that for af9035 the drivers and firmware are embedded on image ( Duo2 ), so you don´t need to do install nothing, and the device shoud be detected normally.

I don´t said that will work. ( this is just a try ).

best regards
nunigaia
I read ok.

nunigaia

No it’s not the same the Duo2, it’s completely different, Duo2 is MIPSEL, it is not ARM. That’s the whole problem. We Vu+ 4K users need ARM drivers. Old MIPSEL drivers are useless for us.

Of course, i know that drivers are not the same.
Each STB Model has it own drivers, is not only the architecture ( mipsel vs arm ).

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

Are you sure that your devices are working on Vuplus original image?

Now, is time for work, when i get home from work, i will try another thing.

Note: Wich Vuplus STB´S model you have?

best regards
nunigaia

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
Of course, i know that drivers are not the same.
Each STB Model has it own drivers, is not only the architecture ( mipsel vs arm ).

best regards
nunigaia

So, since you’re aware that they’re different, I’ll let you know that BlackHole 3.0.4.A or C or D out of the box has no ARM drivers for af9035 and apparently nothing besides Vu+ Turbo.

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie

best regards
nunigaia

Original Vu+ image official
- no built-in drivers for af9035

Blackhole latest public (3.0.4.D)
- no built-in drivers for af9035

Original Vu+ image experimental (code.vuplus.com)
- preinstalled built-in drivers fot af9035

Open BlackHole latest public (1.0 and delta updated)
- drivers for af9035 downloadable with remote control from the download plugins feed in “Drivers” section

So NO, NO, YES (preinstalled), YES (downloadable).

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
nunigaia I tried the telnet commands on Blackhole 3.0.4.D on Uno 4K, this is the response

Code:
BlackHole 3.0.4 vuuno4kvuuno4k login: rootroot@vuuno4k:~# opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-af9035Package firmware-dvb-usb-af9035 (1.0-r1) installed in root is up to date.root@vuuno4k:~# root@vuuno4k:~# opkg install media-tree-module-dvb-usb-af9035Package media-tree-module-dvb-usb-af9035 (0.0+git20140924-r0.11) installed in root is up to date.root@vuuno4k:~# root@vuuno4k:~# reboot

I think those drivers “up to date” are the MIPSEL drivers, not the ARM drivers.

On the other hand, if on a freshly installed Open Blackhole I send these telnet commands:

Code:
opkg update
opkg install kernel-module-mxl5007t
opkg install kernel-module-af9033
opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9035
opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-af9035-02
opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2
reboot

it installs the correct drivers and my af9035 tuner works.

Today I will go back again to OBH to use all my usb tuners.

Tomorrow my second Turbo will arrive and I will test if two Turbo work together on BH. If they work, maybe I’ll buy two more in order to have 4 Turbo tuners. That’s a lot of money, just because BH on ARM doesn’t support other dvb-t tuners, still after two years (that’s Vu+ fault not BH coders fault I think).

My theory is that Vu+ only recently is introducing those ARM drivers in the latest experimental builds of the official firmware, so we will eventually see those drivers in BH in the coming months or next year. Unless Vu+ purposedly removes those drivers from non-experimental OI builds.

nunigaia

nunigaia I tried the telnet commands on Blackhole 3.0.4.D on Uno 4K, this is the response

Code:
BlackHole 3.0.4 vuuno4kvuuno4k login: rootroot@vuuno4k:~# opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-af9035Package firmware-dvb-usb-af9035 (1.0-r1) installed in root is up to date.root@vuuno4k:~# root@vuuno4k:~# opkg install media-tree-module-dvb-usb-af9035Package media-tree-module-dvb-usb-af9035 (0.0+git20140924-r0.11) installed in root is up to date.root@vuuno4k:~# root@vuuno4k:~# reboot

I think those drivers “up to date” are the MIPSEL drivers, not the ARM drivers.

On the other hand, if on a freshly installed Open Blackhole I send these telnet commands:

Code:
opkg update
opkg install kernel-module-mxl5007t
opkg install kernel-module-af9033
opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9035
opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-af9035-02
opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2
reboot

it installs the correct drivers and my af9035 tuner works.

Today I will go back again to OBH to use all my usb tuners.

Tomorrow my second Turbo will arrive and I will test if two Turbo work together on BH. If they work, maybe I’ll buy two more in order to have 4 Turbo tuners. That’s a lot of money, just because BH on ARM doesn’t support other dvb-t tuners, still after two years (that’s Vu+ fault not BH coders fault I think).

My theory is that Vu+ only recently is introducing those ARM drivers in the latest experimental builds of the official firmware, so we will eventually see those drivers in BH in the coming months or next year. Unless Vu+ purposedly removes those drivers from non-experimental OI builds.

best regards
nunigaia

Can you please answer my question?

best regards
nunigaia

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
In a few hours the biggest question of the internet will be answered: can you use 2 identical Vu+ Turbo dvb-t2 tuners at the same time on an ARM 4K Vu+ STB in BlackHole 3.0.4.D? Everybody online says it’s not possible but maybe it’s outdated information.

Waiting for the doorbell to ring.

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
In a few hours the biggest question of the internet will be answered: can you use 2 identical Vu+ Turbo dvb-t2 tuners at the same time on an ARM 4K Vu+ STB in BlackHole 3.0.4.D? Everybody online says it’s not possible but maybe it’s outdated information.

Waiting for the doorbell to ring.

I wasted 69€.

The Uno 4K on BH doesn’t even boot when 2 Turbo are connected.

OBH manages to boot, but only sees 1 Turbo anyway and stay stuck at “1%” when doing automatic service scan.

Well done Vu+, you sure put some nice restrictions in place to push people to buy Ultimo 4Ks.

Well I’m here to testify that USB IS AWESOME and POWERED USB HUBS open the doors to superpowering your Uno 4K.

So my advice is to use OBH and buy 1 Uno 4K, 1 anker 7 port powered hub, 2 argolis smargo (so you have a total of 3 card readers), 1 usb hdd or better usb ssd, and 4 cheap used dvb-t tuners off ebay (like Avermedia A867 if you just need dvb-t1, or maybe pctv triplestick if you need dvb-t2 but that’s pricier).

If you’re really serious about having both dvb-s and multiple dvb-t tuners on BH/original unfortunately you have to buy a Solo 4K or Ultimo 4K.

In Vu+ mind, Uno4K/Zero4K/Uno4Kse users should only have 1 usb dvb-t tuner....so non PiP between two dvb-t channels...simply ridicolous...

Please Vu+ make a new “Turbo SE” usb tuner with DUAL or QUAD tuner and also RF LOOP OUT.

Or update original/BH with support for multiple Turbo.

Vlada064

Vu+ Newbie
If we can use only one USB Turbo tuner,can we have PIP on Zero 4K for example, with S2 on one side,and C or T on other side?