unwanted channel after power of and power on

Burak Demircan

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
My solo2 starts with a unwanted channel after power of and power on. It is ok starting after Standby but full power cycle always goes to that channel. How can i change it? (I posted this also to hardware, I could not decide if it is image or hw relevant)

Byggeren

Vu+ Newbie
Set it in the channel you want, and reboot(choose reboot, do not turn of power) . Then it will remember the channel the next time you do a power cycle.

vufun

Vu+ Newbie
solution is a plugin called "Start Up service".It lets you to start the receiver always on the same channel you prefer,otherwise the reicever will start in a rondom way displaying channels we don't want reveal to others (eg xxx channels)
you may download it from Menu/Addons/Download/Addons Plugins
once downloaded you won't finded in the list of plugins like others is hidden (but this never mind)
how to use it? go to list oh channels with (+) key ,point on service you wish to start with,hilight it and press (menu) key, you'll find a list choose "set as startup service" press ok
it's done!
next time you'll start receiver it will start forever on the desired service you chose.

...............and say me thanks :)
cheers

Burak Demircan

Vu+ Newbie
Very interesting. I did what you explained. Accidently it started to choose another channel and my problem is solved. But it does not start with the channel I set with startup addon :) I think the plugin is buggy :) Nevertheless Thank you!!!!

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not have that problem, and im not using "Start Up service" plugin
I wonder if you turn off the box in a regular way.

Every time you do a restart or shut down
Box remember bouquet and channel on which you restart or shut down the box.

As we see here in
/etc/enigma2/settings

If you using bouquets (blue button)

Example Das Erste HD with service reference 1:0:19:283D:3FB:1:C00000:0:0:0:
and bouquet userbouquet.dbe11.tv

config.tv.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.dbe11.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;
config.tv.lastservice=1:0:19:283D:3FB:1:C00000:0:0:0:

If you using channel list ALL (red button)

you have this examle:

config.tv.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:(type == 1) || (type == 17) || (type == 22) || (type == 25) || (type == 134) || (type == 195) ORDER BY name;
config.tv.lastservice=1:0:1:2EE0:7F8:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

Last edited:

Burak Demircan

Vu+ Newbie
@Matrix10 My main issue solved but this is interesting. If box remembers always the last channel, then I would not get this problem at all. My issue is (now it is another channel but at least it is not a XXX channel so i dont care) everytime if the device has full power off-on then there is fixed channel coming. After I installed startup service it did not help me. It does not start the channel i select, it does a fixed channel.

Matrix10

Administrator
@Matrix10 My main issue solved but this is interesting. If box remembers always the last channel, then I would not get this problem at all. My issue is (now it is another channel but at least it is not a XXX channel so i dont care) everytime if the device has full power off-on then there is fixed channel coming. After I installed startup service it did not help me. It does not start the channel i select, it does a fixed channel.

I really do not know why you have this problem.
I tested a couple of times and never noticed the problem
not now and not before.

Mito

Administrator
Very interesting. I did what you explained. Accidently it started to choose another channel and my problem is solved. But it does not start with the channel I set with startup addon :) I think the plugin is buggy :) Nevertheless Thank you!!!!
There are two version of the same plugin downloadable by addons panel:
you can find the first in Addons Plugin and the second in Feeds Plugins.

The first one is an old version and it let you choice only the startup channel and it works onlly after a shut down (deep standby).
Instead, using the second you can choice the startup channel both after the shut down and after the standby.

Therefore, if you installed the plugin downloaded by the Addons Plugin, uninstall it and after download the one you can find in Feeds Plugin.