Unwanted zap when a timer starts

AlexWilMac

I got back to OBH after a while and I had a little surprise: each time a timer starts it also zaps to the channel, that's a completely new behaviour.
I obviously checked if there was a related option within my timers but there isn't.
Why this happens?

Mick12334

This usually occurs, at least in Black Hole, if you are on a different channel, and there is no longer a tuner available, for that channel, thus it switches to the last channel selected, with an available tuner, in this case the one that's just come on, with the timer.

AlexWilMac

No, I'm talking about OBH and I've got 5 tuners with just one recording. And, in case, you get a message letting you know there are no tuners available left.

Mick12334

Of your 5 tuners, you have listed, only 2 are for DVB-S2, satellite, and 3 for terrestrial.
Perhaps you could provide more details, regarding when this happens.
Are you on a satellite channel, and recording a Terrestrial channel, or vice versa.
Do you have a fixed satellite dish, with 2 individual cables, going into each tuner, a diseqc switch setup, with multiple LNB's, motorized dish, etc?
Has this happened before, or recently, or have you only just noticed it?
In Black Hole you get a message that a timer is due to start, unless, like me, you turn off the warning.

nunigaia

No, I'm talking about OBH and I've got 5 tuners with just one recording. And, in case, you get a message letting you know there are no tuners available left.

Change record settings ...

> Recordings allways have priority > Set it to "no".

It only change if there aren´t free tuners.

If is seted to "yes" ... will change allways from the service you are viewing ... to the one you have seted a record timer.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Of your 5 tuners, you have listed, only 2 are for DVB-S2, satellite, and 3 for terrestrial.
Perhaps you could provide more details, regarding when this happens.
Are you on a satellite channel, and recording a Terrestrial channel, or vice versa.
Do you have a fixed satellite dish, with 2 individual cables, going into each tuner, a diseqc switch setup, with multiple LNB's, motorized dish, etc?
Has this happened before, or recently, or have you only just noticed it?
In Black Hole you get a message that a timer is due to start, unless, like me, you turn off the warning.

Sorry, but I had already given details: I wrote that this happens even when there is NO OTHER tuner busy, with just one recording. So, it doesn't matter if it involves SAT or DVB-T.... 1<2 in mathematics. Particularly because it happened with terrestrial where 1<3...
Anyway, the following post from Nunigaia is the answer, I hope.

AlexWilMac

Change record settings ...

> Recordings allways have priority > Set it to "no".

It only change if there aren´t free tuners.

If is seted to "yes" ... will change allways from the service you are viewing ... to the one you have seted a record timer.

best regards
nunigaia

Thanks! I had forgotten the meaning of this option.