USB stick + external NAS mount on solo

fcxpress

Vu+ Newbie
Hello VU+ community,

I'm facing a small problem my several network mounts on my VU+ solo

My steup:
- VU+ solo with BH 145 image
- USB stick on the rear USB port of the solo with 2 partitions on it: fisrt partition is a linux swap of 512 Mb and second partition is an ext3 of 3,5 Gb.
- NAS with CIFS share of 6 Tb.

At my first setup I used the mount wizard to mount my NAS share and record on it as a CIFS and enabled an option "use network share as a HDD" or some similar option which I can't remember the exact terminology.

When I plug the USB stick in, it gets detected and mounted automatically, which is great.
But problem is that I lose my NAS mount and the VU+ solo starts recording on the USB stick 3Gb partitiononce it's plugged in!

What I would like to do is
1) Use the swap partition on the USB stick of course... (My memory usages is nearing 100% due to epg)
2) Mount the ext3 on the USB stick and use it to store epg data, install a lot of addons and plugins for the VU+ on this ext3, store picons on this ext3 and so on... In a few words anything that is system or system extention related should be stored on the ext3 on the stick. In a second phase, I would like to use the stick to boot other images but as of now this is not my primary objective.
3) Mount my NAS share and use it to store recordings, instant pause buffer and mutimedia files such as mp3 recorded from a shoutcast radio etc.

Is there a way of achieving this ?
Can you advise my what are the steps ?
Of course I've got access to the root shell of my box and can easily install packages an modify config files.

Kind Regards,
FC

a911

The BH Lover
1st map your Devices
2x Blue!
2nd explore the image,,,look @ menus,,,,read few posts here in the forum,,etc!
All requested steps U need are possible!

BH image is user friendly,,,just need a bit of exploring!
Then if U need more help its available by most members of Vu+ Community!

Best wishes,
a911

fcxpress

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a911. Indeed, everything is in there.
Took me a couple of hours to find out and set up but at the end, everything works great and is very stable!