[USB TUNER] Analog PAL TV Tuner?

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
Hello! So, I would like to have in my Vu+ Duo2 with the most recent BH image TV from my dish plus the clear channels my ISP sends to all coaxial inputs in my house. Thing is, 24 channels are DVB-T and 68 channels are Analog PAL. Is there any analog pal tuner that would be able to receive those channels? thanks :D

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
I think you understood my point... Those channels are broadcasted in analog tv, and i'm european so the image is PAL... Is there any USB tuner for this purpose?

duggy

Vu+ Newbie
I think you understood my point... Those channels are broadcasted in analog tv, and i'm european so the image is PAL... Is there any USB tuner for this purpose?
I understood, we use PAL where I live too. Pal is transmitted here in DVB-C S2 and T as well. Thats what you should be asking.

I think this is what you need to look for "VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2" I suspect it's T2 you need. Perhaps if you give more info (country/providers) then we can advise better

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
No man, I'm talking about analog TV! My Vu+ Duo2 already as a built-in DVB-T tuner, which stands for Digital Video Broadcast. I'm talking about the old school analog transmissions used in the old CRT's. We still use them here in Portugal on Service Providers...

duggy

Vu+ Newbie
No man, I'm talking about analog TV! My Vu+ Duo2 already as a built-in DVB-T tuner, which stands for Digital Video Broadcast. I'm talking about the old school analog transmissions used in the old CRT's. We still use them here in Portugal on Service Providers...

OMG sorry I didn't think ANYONE still used that ancient system. Now i understand what you want. I'd be surprised if you could get anything for that!

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
Most Portuguese citizens are 65+. Since CRT's were built to last, they won't even bother exchanging them. So operators send signal in analog so that people don't need to buy a DVB-T TV or a DVB-T receiver and keep everything as it was. Real DVB-T (sent over-the-air) is in DVB-T MPEG4 and the service provider receivers either use DVB-S2, DVB-C or IPTV. Portugal as a policy that most countries don't have: Every TV receives at least some channels from the package without a service box in open signal, usually in Analog but Fibre operators are starting to send some in DVB-T too

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
Apparently I found this one from sundtek.
Code:
http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks-oxid/Sundtek-MediaTV-Pro-DVB-C/T/T2-FM-Radio-AnalogTV.html
Will it work?

Last edited by a moderator:

nunigaia

Most Portuguese citizens are 65+. Since CRT's were built to last, they won't even bother exchanging them. So operators send signal in analog so that people don't need to buy a DVB-T TV or a DVB-T receiver and keep everything as it was. Real DVB-T (sent over-the-air) is in DVB-T MPEG4 and the service provider receivers either use DVB-S2, DVB-C or IPTV. Portugal as a policy that most countries don't have: Every TV receives at least some channels from the package without a service box in open signal, usually in Analog but Fibre operators are starting to send some in DVB-T too

No. This are not the same things, what you intend to do.

DVB-T
DVB-T is the digital terrestrial television and thus comparable to the old TV antennas on the roofs for analog television. The nice thing about the DVB-T antennas is, that they are very small in contrast to the old antennas and can be also used as an indoor antenna. Likewise, you can also use your old antenna for DVB-T.

DVB-S
DVB-S stands for digital satellite TV. Here, the TV is broadcasted through a satellite and then lands on the satellite dish on the roof and via a DVB-S receiver in the living room.

DVB-C
Digital cable TV is called DVB-C (C for cable). At cable TV, a cable connection of the house is required and you receive your television over the cable network.

As you see all is digital video broadcasting.

What you want, as far i know is the satandard of all TV SETS ( analogue tuner ) to be able to receive VHF and UHF, still used for some operators. This type of signal do you have all over your house, cross the coaxial cable, even if you have an installation like ITED2, ITED or RITA.

best regards
nunigaia

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
Yep, you don't understand portugal. Even though the signal is modulated in DVB-T and Analog, it comes from a cable, the same cable where the DVB-C is located. Its in analog so that old tvs can receive it!

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I have a Diseqc 1.2 motorized dish for FTA. Then, I have my current cable subscription. I would like to receive both signals into my Vu+ Duo2 (DVB-T/Analog from the provider + DVB-S2/S from satellite FTA)

nunigaia

Yep, you don't understand portugal. Even though the signal is modulated in DVB-T and Analog, it comes from a cable, the same cable where the DVB-C is located. Its in analog so that old tvs can receive it!

Sorry, but you only be able to receive the FTA channels on SAT and the FTA channels on CABLE, in both cases they are not anlalog, but digital.

best regards
nunigaia

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
Damn, you foreigns don't understand us!!! Our service providers modulate channels in Analog and in Digital through the house. The digital ones have better quality yet there are more analogs. These channels (analogs) don't need any box and any TV (even monochrome ones) can receive them without ANY BOX OR RECEIVER. Yet, for DVR/PVR purposes I would like to have those channels inside the Vu. The VU tuner is only able to get the digital ones, is there any USB one that can receive analog ones?

nunigaia

Damn, you foreigns don't understand us!!! Our service providers modulate channels in Analog and in Digital through the house. The digital ones have better quality yet there are more analogs. These channels (analogs) don't need any box and any TV (even monochrome ones) can receive them without ANY BOX OR RECEIVER. Yet, for DVR/PVR purposes I would like to have those channels inside the Vu. The VU tuner is only able to get the digital ones, is there any USB one that can receive analog ones?

Foreign! Mate, i live probably in the same country, the same zone, and probably my services TV provider is your provider too.

XipKid

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry, didn't notice the Porto shirt! So, NOS modulates those 40 analog channels to every TV. Vodafone and MEO modulates 68 analog and 24 digital channels to every tv. I would like to find a tuner capable of tuning those analogs!

nunigaia

Sorry, didn't notice the Porto shirt! So, NOS modulates those 40 analog channels to every TV. Vodafone and MEO modulates 68 analog and 24 digital channels to every tv. I would like to find a tuner capable of tuning those analogs!

Probably there are tuners on the market that still has an analog tuner ... the trouble it´s to make it working, cause the drivers and other stuff!
When allmost all, has digital, nobody wants analog.

It´s the only information i can give you ... can´t help more.

thanks
nunigaia