Request USB wizard and "reading usb..." at boot

xostia

Vu+ Newbie
Hi:

Today I decided to update my BH image. I installed 1.7.9... all changed:

a) I can not mount my USB in /mnt/usb, for example, as before...
b) After I used the format wizard, the VuPlus starts with "reading usb..." and it can be there a century... I need to unplug it to boot.

Is there any way to have the USB mounted in any mounting point for picon, swapfile and other files as I used to do before?

I always understood that the "reading usb" at boot works for the front usb. Why this changed? when this changed? why all this thinks always change?

It is the same Kingston 16GB usb drive, why now it does not work and with 1.7.IdoNotRemember but older... yes...

If it is oblied to format in extX, it seems that VuPlus tries always to boot from it and it does not matter where is connected.

Thanks for your help.

a911

The BH Lover
Did U format the USB?
Does the USB has any Backup?

If U have a backup on the USB, it will always reboot from it!
Make erase formating to the USB, before any new usages!

xostia

Vu+ Newbie
Did U format the USB?
Does the USB has any Backup?

If U have a backup on the USB, it will always reboot from it!
Make erase formating to the USB, before any new usages!

Hi:

Thanks... I will try to format the USB again. When it was in VFAT the devices manager did not detect it but at boot... no problem, VuPlus does not try to read anything.

This issue started just after the restart of the VuPlus, at the end of the Format Wizard (ext2 format)... and it is always like this.

This same USB was before VFAT formatted and mounted in a previous BH version in /mnt/usb without any problem... I do not understand.

I will inform you about the "advances", if any... Thanks.

xostia

Vu+ Newbie
Hi:

Thanks... I will try to format the USB again. When it was in VFAT the devices manager did not detect it but at boot... no problem, VuPlus does not try to read anything.

This issue started just after the restart of the VuPlus, at the end of the Format Wizard (ext2 format)... and it is always like this.

This same USB was before VFAT formatted and mounted in a previous BH version in /mnt/usb without any problem... I do not understand.

I will inform you about the "advances", if any... Thanks.

Nope! I repeated the wizard and, when it boots... "Reading USB..." eternally (front and back USB).

I suppose that there is any incompatibility... BUT WHY NOW and NOT BEFORE?

Thanks anyway...

xostia

Vu+ Newbie
Nope! I repeated the wizard and, when it boots... "Reading USB..." eternally (front and back USB).

I suppose that there is any incompatibility... BUT WHY NOW and NOT BEFORE?

Thanks anyway...

I tried another USB Drive, Sandisk Cuzer Blade 16GB, and it works... there is some problem (now, not in other 1.7.X ) with Kingston DT108 (16GB).

Anyway, I wil go back :( to another previos BH version. I have many problems:

- USB Drive "READING USB..." with my Kingston drive.
- VuPlus Duo hangs from time to time, not responding to the remote.
- The Terrestrial USB tuner (Sony PlayTV) stops working continuously.
- The front display shows no sense information (no channel information but previously visited menu).

Not always the newest BH images are the best... usually yes but not in this case (for me)

Xostia.