strummer

Vu+ Newbie
When trying to use the BH speed up I get the GSOD. Log attached. Please Help

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1368906574.zip
    4 KB · Views: 20

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
Low RAM memory, activate SWAP on USB stick, or on HDD if you don't have one (it's better to use USB flash, 256 MB SWAP)

Thanks for the reply. I had created a swap file previously for 128 MB on USB, but on checking, it had disappeared, the box was not recognising that there was a USB connected.
I reconfigured and created a new one for 256 as you suggested. I was also having trouble with downloading Crossepg so I presume it was down to the same USB issue.
My RAM has always been at around 95-97% so I will look or other ways to reduce it aswell.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Thanks for the reply. I had created a swap file previously for 128 MB on USB, but on checking, it had disappeared, the box was not recognising that there was a USB connected.
I reconfigured and created a new one for 256 as you suggested. I was also having trouble with downloading Crossepg so I presume it was down to the same USB issue.
My RAM has always been at around 95-97% so I will look or other ways to reduce it aswell.

SWAP will solve problem of your low RAM. Memory Cleaner plugin not. It will only slow your system and green screen of death will be still present.

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
I used to use something called LSK free memory, but (as far as I can remember) it was not compatitle with 2.xxx BH.
I am not using any plugin at present in relation to RAM.
Is there any way you recommend to deal with high RAM usage apart from swap
Cheers paolino