Using vU+ Solo2 with Plex media server

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
I am about to buy a VU+ Solo2 and found this great site.

It seems that this unit will full fill all my needs.

I have at the moment a PLEX media server running on a Mac Mini, to that I have a few ROKU-units connected to TV-sets around the house. All that works well.

I use my dish to watch British TV over Astra 28.2E ( I am living in Sweden) and have for many years used a Topfield unit to receive this.

Now I want to upgrade to HD and also have a system were my PLEX server can pickup the recordings I have done on my PVR-system.

I have a understanding that the harddrive in the Solo2 can be seen over the network by PC or Mac and there fore my PLEX Media Server would be able to pick up the files of the recordings.

So the question, will Solo2 save the files in a common video format that is readable by software on the computers. PLEX can play most of the common ones.

Thanks

Jan

boyofford

Vu+ User
Think the recordings are in .mts format, I've watched them over network using xbmc no problems.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
I got my Solo2 yesterday and got it setup pretty quickly.

I can now see that the recordings are in .ts format. And as far as I know PLEX Media Server doesn't support that yet. It is on the wish list.

Picture quality on the Solo2 is outstanding, even if it isn't in HD format. Great improvement from my old Topfield 4000 box.

boyofford

Vu+ User
I got my Solo2 yesterday and got it setup pretty quickly.

I can now see that the recordings are in .ts format. And as far as I know PLEX Media Server doesn't support that yet. It is on the wish list.

Picture quality on the Solo2 is outstanding, even if it isn't in HD format. Great improvement from my old Topfield 4000 box.

sorry mate, was pretty sure but should of checked! on the plus side it is still a great receiver.