Viasat 4.8 east

afalk

Vu+ Newbie
Hallo. I got a vu+ solo 2 running open black hole, when i search for channels it does not find any viasat channels on 4.8 east, i have replaced cables and diseq switch with new ones, but no viasat channels to be find, any ideas anyone?

bogdanm

Well, tha

How will that help? If the tuner dont find them when i'm searching
Maybe you have old satelite.xml on box.
You see now on box alot n/a on this satelite ?

Try downoload setting from vaniball a try if he no will be working i think problem is with signal.
After this you see where is problem.

AlexWilMac

I would avoid ANY plugins for settings, actually, because they change also the system files.
What version of OBH are you running?
Replace the satellites.xml and also, if you find it online, the lamedb. Or, if your OBH is not updated, do an online update: it should replace the system files.
Then perform what a receiver is designed to do: scanning for channels.

The original satellite.xml in OBH 4.2 works perfect but be sure to chose 4.8 east KU band for satellit there is a C band and KA also they cannt be used!! ONLY KU Band

afalk

Vu+ Newbie
The original satellite.xml in OBH 4.2 works perfect but be sure to chose 4.8 east KU band for satellit there is a C band and KA also they cannt be used!! ONLY KU Band
I have choosed ku band, but no channels from viasat to be found, replaced diseq,cables and lnb, on my old uno evereything works, i give up

OK lets start from scratch and i don assume you are an expert so we do this really basic :)

I have attached my satellites.xm file working for me with Viasat 4.8east KU Band
Download and unzipp then upload with ftp to folder /etc/tuxbox and overwrite yours.

Now Restart your STB and go to tuner config and check that your tuner is setup right.
When done do a test with signalfinder to see you have signals. Be sure to chose predefine satelite!! not frequence!!

If all is okey then do an full automatic scan whit NETWORK SCAN set to yes!!
And i am pretty sure your channels will start to populate your STB :)

Attachments

• satellites.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 5

afalk

Vu+ Newbie
OK lets start from scratch and i don assume you are an expert so we do this really basic :)

I have attached my satellites.xm file working for me with Viasat 4.8east KU Band
Download and unzipp then upload with ftp to folder /etc/tuxbox and overwrite yours.

Now Restart your STB and go to tuner config and check that your tuner is setup right.
When done do a test with signalfinder to see you have signals. Be sure to chose predefine satelite!! not frequence!!

If all is okey then do an full automatic scan whit NETWORK SCAN set to yes!!
And i am pretty sure your channels will start to populate your STB :)
I have the same satellites xml files in both my tuners, they are connected to the same dish, on my old uno i find everey viasatchannel on 4.8 east, but my solo2 does not find any of them, so i dont think that replacing the satellites xml file will help

AlexWilMac

Are you completely sure the two files are the same?
And have you tried to swap the two boxes? I ask this because the problem might be elsewhere.

afalk

Vu+ Newbie
Are you completely sure the two files are the same?
And have you tried to swap the two boxes? I ask this because the problem might be elsewhere.
Yes i'm sure, i copied the file from my uno and uploaded it to my solo2, i have swaped the boxes, and tryed with only one of them.connected to the dish at once, but the result is still the same, no channels on my solo2

AlexWilMac

It seems, then, a hardware problem.
But, before, as there is not only the satellites.xml and as we don't know if you used some plugins for automatic settings or anything else, have you tried a totally clean install and, immediately after, a manual scan by the receiver?
Have you tried more than one image?
After all of this, the HW problem will be the more likely possibility. I remember I read about capacitors problem which caused problems. You'll need, then, a good electronic technician.

A shot in the dark here but since you want Viasat i assume you speak one of the Nordic Language?

I have a Solo2 with OpenBlackhole 4.2 setup with 0,8 west and 4,8 east i could make a backup image for you with channel list and all ready installed that you can flash your VuSolo2 with?

valb

Vu+ Newbie
I got it to work by choosing 4.8E C-band Astra 4A &SES 5.
Looks like the Ku and c band satellites have been named incorrectly.