vix image 1.3 or new update ?

Haley

Vu+ Newbie
Hi every one, I need your advice please. At the moment the image that is on the VU+ is Vix 1.3, is it worth updating the image, or is just keeping with the image that’s working ok.

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi every one, I need your advice please. At the moment the image that is on the VU+ is Vix 1.3, is it worth updating the image, or is just keeping with the image that’s working ok.
It depends on you, i prefer always having updated img, but if you don't like to works too much and find no prob with current img, you can keep the one you have in the box.
You have also to consider that new imgs are normally based on the last official img and has got the last drivers.

Haley

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much for your reply Tamaki,I am still a newbie to this. Can I update the drivers for Vix 1.3 on the box ,whith out useing a usb stick,can you please guide me on how I can do this .

Tamaki

Administrator
Thank you very much for your reply Tamaki,I am still a newbie to this. Can I update the drivers for Vix 1.3 on the box ,whith out useing a usb stick,can you please guide me on how I can do this .
You can find latest drivers here.
To install them copy to /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3, but before raplace old drivers make a backup copy of them, because it is not sure your box will work again with new drivers. After copy restart box.
If your box doesn't restart you have to replace old drivers to make your box work again. In this case new drivers are not compatible with img and you have to wait newer version of your img.