VIX image and tune failed message

pegasus1891

Vu+ Newbie
Dear all.

I'm currently using vix image on vu+ solo. However it's been a week I can't get signals during daytime and at night I can tune in to all sat on the east with no trouble. Why it's not tuning daytime and does so at night? I'm baffled :oops:.

Please advise what to do

Mick12334

Can you please post the satellites you're getting, your general location, dish size, and the signal strength, of the channels you've scanned in.
This might be a hardware problem rather than the software you are using.

pegasus1891

Vu+ Newbie
I've scanned hotbird 13,astra 28.2,astra 23.5 and 19.2. I've 80 cm dish,location SR2 post code. At night all sat give me the signal strength from 75% and all channels are showing with no trouble. It's a shame I might miss the gunners game...

Mick12334

Depending on the channels, and frequencies, your signal strength levels could be higher, in the 90's, but that doesn't explain your problems.
Do you have a motorized dish or fixed dish, or dishes, with multiple LNB's?
Have you checked your dish, and cable connections?
Can you please check different channels, with different polarities, Horizontal, and Vertical, to see if there is a difference in signal quality.
The 4 satellites, you've listed, are probably the strongest, in the UK, and receivable with a 45-60cm dish, what about other satellites?

pegasus1891

Vu+ Newbie
I've a motorised dish and set it on thor as my 0 default. I also get eutelsat 16 on around 70ish signal strength. However beeb n jazeera I can get them on 90s. Though badr sat give me a hassle in strength,only tuning a handful.

Mick12334

26E is not as strong, in the UK, as other satellites mentioned, and some beams are not available.
Thor, 0.8W, isn't everyones due south, this is determined by your longitude, but you seem to be hitting the satellite arc, from what you've mentioned, and as long as you get high readings on 30W, and 39E, and the satellites in between, then your dish should be fine.
Have you another satellite receiver, you can check the signal strengths with, to see if the problem is your LNB/cable/connections, or something to do with the receivers tuner?
Are you getting any signal now, during the daytime?
Signal quality does fluctuate but not to this extreme, 75% to 0%, just because of the time of day.

pegasus1891

Vu+ Newbie
When I left the house this morning it working until 7ish when I left the house for blob. I should be back in house by 3 ish. Will check the lnb because I've not given it a thought. ..

Mick12334

Check Horizontal, and Vertical channels, a failing LNB quite often gets one polarity, but not the other, or you have intermittent signal drop outs. Of course this can also be the result of a loose connection, and water ingress, into LNB, or cable, where you can lose signal, for some time, then it'll start again when it dries out.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
I'm currently using vix image on vu+ solo.
This section and this board in general are restricted to original Vu+ boxes using the Black Hole image.:)

For any other image running on original Vu+ boxes you should post in this specialized forum section:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-other-unofficial-images.11/

However, if you have problem with a Vix image I'd suggest you to ask in their own board:
Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?297-ViX-Team-Support-Centre

pegasus1891

Vu+ Newbie
Great. Came home to find the channels back for a bit and back to darkness again. My guts feelings are pointing to lnb. As it was raining this afternoon and after a while signals disappeared...