Vu 4K Solo won't display on my HD TV.

barrykap

Vu+ Newbie
I have been using my 4K Vu Solo connected to my Panasonic 4K TV. But now I want to use it on my older Panasonic HD TV, without the 4K. I have therefore plugged it into the HD TV but when booting up it goes through the usual splash screens etc then at the point it usually shows the Sat channel it just goes blank. Nothing showing and nothing I do will bring it back. I suspect maybe it is trying to output 4K to a HD TV and falls down. How do I get a picture now please? I cannot get my 4K TV back to do the adjustment, have just the HD TV at the moment. Thanks if you can help.
Barry

AlexWilMac

Of course you cannot display anything: 4K resolution is simply not supported. How to change the output depends on the image you use (as many users, you did not mention such an important detail).
When you use any of MENUs commands, you should be able to read in the LCD display what menu and submenu commands you are using.
Or, even better, you can use the OpenWebInterface from your browser to emulate your remote. But I've never tried to see if, in case of wrong resolution, you can see the menus on your PC. Just try.

barrykap

Vu+ Newbie
Of course you cannot display anything: 4K resolution is simply not supported. How to change the output depends on the image you use (as many users, you did not mention such an important detail).
When you use any of MENUs commands, you should be able to read in the LCD display what menu and submenu commands you are using.
Or, even better, you can use the OpenWebInterface from your browser to emulate your remote. But I've never tried to see if, in case of wrong resolution, you can see the menus on your PC. Just try.
Thanks.

I'm a newbie so don't know much about this box yet. I will look up and try install that webinterface tomorrow and see what happens. Cheers

AlexWilMac

To have access to OpenWebInterface you have just to know the IP address of your box and then you put it into any browser as it was an URL.
You'll get into a sort of management consolle for your box. It's also useful to save your channels and many other operations.

barrykap

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I have a similar setup with my Foxsat HDR's accessing via web browser using Raydons firmware. I just didn't know this WEBif was in the Solo image.
I got into it and found my Solo was tuned to TRT 4K channel on 42E, but changing it to TRT HD the picture came on. So it was just a case of NOT tuning to a 4K channel. :) Thanks for your help. Will dabble a bit more now. Cheers