Vu+ DUO 4K

Serzio

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone I have a vu+ DUO 4k receiver already long enough to torment me completely.
For about a year. Worth the image of Black Hole 3.0.8
It freezes very often. Especially on the pause. Pausing is dangerous. The sound often stutters. You need to switch to another channel and back.
Rewinding the broadcast of the viewed content does not work. Maybe the image will just stop and you need to restart the receiver.
Reload once or twice a day as normal.
Help me understand! Is this image glitching or is Vu+ itself such a problem?
There is a Black Hole 3.0.9 version, it is worth switching and if so, which version exactly? Maybe there is a proven image for my model without glitches?
Seriously, I don't know what to do anymore.
I will be happy to help!

AlexWilMac

Not only it is always worth to install the latest versions, but in your case even more, because your VU+ model is the newest one, and this makes possible that, since the old 308 was released, a lot of improvements might been done in the next releases.
So, flash your box by 309, UPDATE it immediately and see how it works.

Then, you might also learn ho to install other our image (OBH, OpenBlackHole) by the OpenMultiboot plugin (OMB) and check how it works, too.

OMB is very useful and comfortable because you'll have these images installed at same time and they are independent one from each other. You just have one chosen as the default one and the others can be launched without having to reflash your box to get back to your favourite one.

Before flashing by BH309, remember that you'll loose everything currently installed. You can easily save your channels, for instance, either by the OpenWebInterface or by a software for your PC.

Serzio

Vu+ Newbie
Not only it is always worth to install the latest versions, but in your case even more, because your VU+ model is the newest one, and this makes possible that, since the old 308 was released, a lot of improvements might been done in the next releases.
So, flash your box by 309, UPDATE it immediately and see how it works.

Then, you might also learn ho to install other our image (OBH, OpenBlackHole) by the OpenMultiboot plugin (OMB) and check how it works, too.

OMB is very useful and comfortable because you'll have these images installed at same time and they are independent one from each other. You just have one chosen as the default one and the others can be launched without having to reflash your box to get back to your favourite one.

Before flashing by BH309, remember that you'll loose everything currently installed. You can easily save your channels, for instance, either by the OpenWebInterface or by a software for your PC.

Well, then tell me the instructions on how to update to 3.0.9 correctly so that I did everything correctly

AlexWilMac

Each VU+ model has a slightly different procedure (because each model has its own buttons and display). Here there is an old guide where your model was not (obviously) mentioned):
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-flash-update-vu-images.11819/

but I'm sure that you'll easily find a lot of material over the Internet just seraching for something like
VU+ Duo4K how to flash

The common part with every boxes is to download the image you want to flash and unzip it; then copying the whole structure into a pendrive formatted FAT32 or MSDOS (if formatted under MacOs).

So you must have a structure with these folders
vuplus/duo4k/...
and all the files in this internal folder.

Serzio

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your answers. I installed firmware 3.0.9. C. Now I need to connect a WiFi connection. I haven't been able to connect it once in a year. Doesn't see my networks. I haven't seen any configuration information yet.

AlexWilMac

After installing, have you the chance of connecting your VU+ to the router via a cable to update it?
Can you describe which steps did you try to connect to your wifi?
And, "Doesn't see my networks" means you don't find any SSID or you can't finalize the connection to your router?
Under this second hypothesis, does your wifi have a password with special characters? Avoid this fact and use only letters and numbers.

If, instead, the network wizard does not find any networks (even surrounding one, if you live in a flat near other routers) is it set to have also a 2,4Ghz signal? If it is set only for 5Ghz it might be invisible to your VU+.

Serzio

Vu+ Newbie
In the Select network adapter section, there is a check mark in the WLAN connection item.
Then my router appears in the network Scanning section.
In the network settings, I entered the network name and password.
What else do I need to do to activate the network?
During the test, the first point of the WLAN type is green.
The second paragraph of the Wireless network is Disconnected

AlexWilMac

Now it's clear ;)
The 2nd is exactly the connection status, as you can see. Disconnected means that you did not succeed to finalize the connection. I can't try it now because I simply removed the wifi part, but did you choose the wpa2 as security protocol? I suppose this is how your wifi is configured.
You can't leave it as you find at the beginning of the procedure: it's you that must set it up.

AlexWilMac

But, please, you must provide us with more details. Because it might be as @nunigaia said, but it also might be differently.
If you only tell us "The Internet is not connected" it is not enough:
the connection to your router is something, the Internet connection is something else.
So, the 2nd item of the test tells you ONLY if you are connected to the router. The 4th (IP Address) if you are ALSO connected to the Internet.
So, please specify your status.
If your VU+ is connected to the router but it is not to the Internet, it might be you did not set the Gateway or the DNS.

Attachments

• Network-Test.jpg
    Network-Test.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 11

nunigaia

In the Select network adapter section, there is a check mark in the WLAN connection item.
Then my router appears in the network Scanning section.
In the network settings, I entered the network name and password.
What else do I need to do to activate the network?
During the test, the first point of the WLAN type is green.
The second paragraph of the Wireless network is Disconnected
But, please, you must provide us with more details. Because it might be as @nunigaia said, but it also might be differently.
If you only tell us "The Internet is not connected" it is not enough:
the connection to your router is something, the Internet connection is something else.
So, the 2nd item of the test tells you ONLY if you are connected to the router. The 4th (IP Address) if you are ALSO connected to the Internet.
So, please specify your status.
If your VU+ is connected to the router but it is not to the Internet, it might be you did not set the Gateway or the DNS.

AlexWilMac

Ah, sorry, I completely missed the penultimate row! My apologises.
So, the detailed screen with his configuration is precious ;)
I actually don't have any specific DNS set any longer, in particular the Google ones I don't like because Google is too nosy... But, it might worth a try with their DNS
or other good DNSs like

Serzio

Vu+ Newbie
Have you seted the dns servers, mate?

Please post a screenshot of your settings!

I managed to connect to another router! Turned on the search network. I chose my second router network.
Went to the settings menu. The name of the network was immediately registered there.
I entered only the password and everything is connected!
Now after the test, all items are confirmed in green! Router that failed to connect TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C7. I don't understand why.

nunigaia

I managed to connect to another router! Turned on the search network. I chose my second router network.
Went to the settings menu. The name of the network was immediately registered there.
I entered only the password and everything is connected!
Now after the test, all items are confirmed in green! Router that failed to connect TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C7. I don't understand why.

Probably the address range, as Tp-Link uses "normally" another address ranges:

192.168.0.1 .... 192.168.0.255

You migh be setted to the router you are connected, with this adress ranges for Ip and Gateway:

192.168.1.1 ... 192.168.1.255

Can you confirm this?

best regards
nunigaia