Vu+ Duo not showing usb or internal HDD Please help ?

charlie2

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys,

I have a prob and its about mounting usb and hdd. I have a Vu+Duo with Hitachi 1TB internal HDD i have recently changed my image from BH 2.0.1 to BH 2.0.6 with out making a back up so my HDD is not mounted. I also have 4GB sandisk USB in rear of stb for my picons which are on there but dont think either are mounted properly.

First Problem i have though is when i press blue button twice and go to device manager sometimes HDD and usb show and sometimes like now they dont why could this be and what can i do to resolve it ?
Please advise ??

sidTM

Vu+ User
Hi Guys,

I have a prob and its about mounting usb and hdd. I have a Vu+Duo with Hitachi 1TB internal HDD i have recently changed my image from BH 2.0.1 to BH 2.0.6 with out making a back up so my HDD is not mounted. I also have 4GB sandisk USB in rear of stb for my picons which are on there but dont think either are mounted properly.

First Problem i have though is when i press blue button twice and go to device manager sometimes HDD and usb show and sometimes like now they dont why could this be and what can i do to resolve it ?
Please advise ??

Have you went through the USB setup wizard and initialised your hdd?

yummer

BH Lover
Format HDD in box to ext4. I did in this way, and I don't have any problems.
Some times they don't show up in mount points. Think last time when I had my duo I just switched off at back. Restarted... Re initialised the HDD then it showed up bizarrely.... Never done it on my duo2 though.

charlie2

Vu+ Newbie
Some times they don't show up in mount points. Think last time when I had my duo I just switched off at back. Restarted... Re initialised the HDD then it showed up bizarrely.... Never done it on my duo2 though.

so you think if i turn off at rear it will let me remount hdd ??
whats stopping it from happeneing again ??

yummer

BH Lover
so you think if i turn off at rear it will let me remount hdd ??
whats stopping it from happeneing again ??
Once its mounted m8 I found it stays mounted. Don't ask me why it does that cus I don't know its a strange one ;)

yummer

BH Lover
I know its sounds like a long shot but have you gone into mount points by pressing red in devices manager and just tried pressing the right arrow twice and press red to save to see if that works... I can't remember how I got it up last time it was so long ago... Try without any usb's attached and straight after reinitializing the HDD :confused:

charlie2

Vu+ Newbie
I know its sounds like a long shot but have you gone into mount points by pressing red in devices manager and just tried pressing the right arrow twice and press red to save to see if that works... I can't remember how I got it up last time it was so long ago... Try without any usb's attached and straight after reinitializing the HDD :confused:

It won`t let me initialise so i really dont know what to do :(

charlie2

Vu+ Newbie
I had help to do this last time need help to do it if i am going to do for myself some advice please ?

sidTM

Vu+ User
I had help to do this last time need help to do it if i am going to do for myself some advice please ?

As yummer said before your better just starting from scratch without restoring any backup, 1st time might take you an hour or so to do but the more you do it the quicker you'll get