vu duo recording

asif007

Vu+ Newbie
hi im having a problem with recording on my vu duo whenever I want to watch a recorded programme it just gets stuck with a glitch playback and I cant come out of it, I have to reboot the box to get it working again not only this problem this happens even when im fast forwarding any movie or simply just bringing up a movie list I have tried to different image 2.0.7 and now im on 2.0.8 the problem is still there could it be the hard disk please share your experience

yummer

BH Lover
Have you set up a swap file on usb to improve performance and did you format the HDD using blackhole utility in ext4?

yummer

BH Lover
no sorry I don't know how to and what its for if you can help me set it up properly please
To set up a swap file is easy m8... Have you a usb mounted to your stb or not? If you have not first you have to format using usb format wizard... Don't connect usb until directed to.... Press 2xblue button >usb format wizard follow instructions just need 1 partition and format for flash.
Then mount it with these instructions
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...d-usb-in-the-black-hole-devices-manger.10050/

Then set up swap using these instructions

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-setup-a-swap-file-using-a-usb-stick.10047/

To reformat HDD using BH
Menu>setup>system>hard drive>initiliasation>press ok on your HDD then press red to initialise ( format). This will need remounting then in devices manager 2x blue button mount point as media/ hdd

asif007

Vu+ Newbie
I have followed the instructions and created a partition and done exactly what it says in the links I am just curios about "universe" was selected and another usb data but I don't know what does "universe" do and also can you help me with vu duo remote control settings with the tv is it possible as I have tried and tried but it doesn't work with the smart Samsung led tv I had configured my dreambox remote with the same tv I had no problem any help will be appreciated

yummer

BH Lover
I have followed the instructions and created a partition and done exactly what it says in the links I am just curios about "universe" was selected and another usb data but I don't know what does "universe" do and also can you help me with vu duo remote control settings with the tv is it possible as I have tried and tried but it doesn't work with the smart Samsung led tv I had configured my dreambox remote with the same tv I had no problem any help will be appreciated
With regards to remote you can put it in to auto mode... Think you press 1 and 3 to get it into programming mode then enter 0000 the light should start blinking press the mute or standby button and hold when your TV responds release the button try volume and press I think the stop button?