Request Vu+ Duo setting up - please help with channel list/ egp

grantsmith82

Vu+ Newbie
HI all
i got my new box yesterday i think im about 85% setting it up the main thing i really need help with is the channel list / epg

my dish is fixed on 28.2E
i would really like a epg that gives me a couple of days (even upto 7 days) channel listing
at the moment i can only see 2 programmes per channel

and would love to have maybe a mini screen preview of the channel on the epg (i guess a bit like sky uk epg)

i am running blackhole and have ******* installed. i am really new to this so some idiot guide help would be great :)

niglou

BH Lover
Use CROSSEPG

menu -> settings -> crossepg
Then choose update rytec providers, then choose your provider in xmltv (rytec UK) and download it , then set automatic update once a day.

I warmly advise you to to mount a usb key as /media/usb to store epg (and picons if you want them)

grantsmith82

Vu+ Newbie
thanks for the info whats the difference between "update rytec providers" or selecting "open tv providers" and selecting "skyuk opentv (astra2 28.2)"
there a major difference? just info or a difference look gui?

niglou

BH Lover
You need to update rytec providers because by defaults very few are present; after update about 30 new will appear (in xmltv providers) ; you can then choose the relevant one (ok button) and press yellow button to download it.

As I am not from UK, I cannot tell if open tv works with sky.... Just try several and keep the one which gives you the best result.