VU+Duo2 Dead

madmoran

Vu+ Newbie
While trying to flash black hole image to my new VU+Duo2 via usb, the box just went dead. No lights are on at all and not booting up, totally dead. I've tried leaving it plugged out but to no avail. Power is coming to the box. Anyone have any ideas?? Is there a reset button? Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm new to this.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Please provide further information, otherwise it will be hard to help you:

a) which image were you coming from?
b) have you used the box for some time before flashing BH or it's just new out of the box?
c) which version of BH image were you flashing?
d) did you update the bootloader before flashing the new image?

madmoran

Vu+ Newbie
Matrix, i tested it with a voltage meter and the box is getting power.
Eragon it is a new box, all I had done previously was go through the normal set up wizard that comes up when you switch the box on.
I was trying to flash black hole v2.07, i did not update the bootloader, should I have done that??
Thanks for yer help!

madmoran

Vu+ Newbie
It was working perfectly when I was setting it up with the wizard though. I plugged in the USB twice to try and flash it as it didn't work the first time, it just powered up normally and didn't seem to be reading the image files off the usb. It seems strange that I can't so anything with it at all! Is there any kind of a reset that I could do to try and revive it??

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Please don't take offense, but I've to ask you if you are completely sure to have chosen the correct 2.0.7 image file for the Duo2 and not for another model.:)
Actually it's not so impossible to flash a wrong firmware, so this event must be excluded for sure before further speculations.

yummer

BH Lover
Please don't take offense, but I've to ask you if you are completely sure to have chosen the correct 2.0.7 image file for the Duo2 and not for another model.:)
Actually it's not so impossible to flash a wrong firmware, so this event must be excluded for sure before further speculations.
Its happened before and it will happen again

ceenet45

Vu+ Newbie
Connect lan cOrd and check if the light is blinking.
And this box is very new and many people has not hands on it and u may get less support. Better woulor return the box as you Mau void the warranty opening it

Matrix10

Administrator
To me is not yet clear whether you pressed the button above
the USB connector when you flash BH image.

On the front USB , behind the cover.

YipMan

Vu+ User
this is topic about Duo2 not DUO

Yes, I quite agree with you, but the principle is the same electronics, and since our friend told us that nothing is displayed in front of the receiver, me as an electronics I see that It is a problem of power (the power itself or the circuit that feeds the motherboard)

Matrix10

Administrator
You're good.

And I'm in the same electronic business,very long.
What is broken in one does not mean that it is broken in another.
Especially if they are different devices.
But most importantly we should not forget that this new machine is under warranty.

madmoran

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for yer insight, i'm not 100% sure that I had the correct image file, though when I opened the folder it was called duo2. (i am new to all of this so that's why I'm not 100%!) I didn't press the button at the front after I connected the USB as the prompt did not come up on the box, I was waiting for the prompt but it was as if it couldn't find the image on my usb stick and the box just started up normally the first time. The second time it seemed to be starting up normally again but then just went dead. Thanks for your help I will keep trying it and hopefully something good will happen!

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Thanks for yer insight, i'm not 100% sure that I had the correct image file, though when I opened the folder it was called duo2. (i am new to all of this so that's why I'm not 100%!) I didn't press the button at the front after I connected the USB as the prompt did not come up on the box, I was waiting for the prompt but it was as if it couldn't find the image on my usb stick and the box just started up normally the first time. The second time it seemed to be starting up normally again but then just went dead. Thanks for your help I will keep trying it and hopefully something good will happen!
Make sure you remove and HDD and devices in any of the other USB ports before you try to flash again.