Request vu duo2 VFD skin?

lefjomp

Vu+ Newbie
hi!

im looking for some kind of VFD skin, i want to change the display to the right on the receiver.

i have read that its possible to do so, but i cant figure out how.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Look around for example files "skin_user.xml" (Duo2 version) which is used to configure the various screens displayed on the VFD.

Or you could open your own file and modify it by yourself (however some programming skill is required).

lefjomp

Vu+ Newbie
i have found some, skin_user.xml, but after i have replaced the one i have in the box , the box alwas chrashes after reboot, so i have to install the image again, does anyone have any working skin_user.xml? i would like a xml with a bigger Clock than the original.

lefjomp

Vu+ Newbie
thanks, but that one looked just like the one i have. do you know what i need to change to get a big Clock?

actually all i need is the Clock and the timebar below the Clock.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Editing skin_user.xml (and generally any skin.xml) requires some XML programming skillness, so if you're not enough experienced in this field or don't wish to learn skin coding, there is nothing you can do by yourself.

My only suggestion is to try installing some other skins that possibly fix your problem.

lefjomp

Vu+ Newbie
Editing skin_user.xml (and generally any skin.xml) requires some XML programming skillness, so if you're not enough experienced in this field or don't wish to learn skin coding, there is nothing you can do by yourself.

My only suggestion is to try installing some other skins that possibly fix your problem.

i have tried to change some parameters, i managed to get the Clock bigger but half of the Clock disapeared, so it didnt work.

is there anyone out there that have a xml file for share?

nunigaia

i have tried to change some parameters, i managed to get the Clock bigger but half of the Clock disapeared, so it didnt work.

is there anyone out there that have a xml file for share?

There are 2 files ( skin_user.xml ) regarding Vu+ Duo2 STB, one moded by our administrator EV0 and other from our Moderator ERAGON

Test the files, you can find it here, and choose <one> from them! ---> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...lcd-display-layouts.13520/page-16#post-159382

best regards
nunigaia

fraggle121

Vu+ Newbie
He wants to change the right screen (VFD) not the left one (LCD).

Yes I know he wants the vfd display sorted that's why I offer to do it the way he wanted it to look..

It's easy to change the xml to suite the way he wanted it...

My mistake I did call it lcd I meant vfd sorry ...There both easy to modify..

Wakibelend

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, did you ever find a suitable skin ? I have been looking for one similar, actually only interested in having a clock on it while the box is on. If you did I'd love to know where you got it.

AlexWilMac

I

I like your skin because with Duo2 you don't need many infos on the VFD.
Two questions:
1) I see that your skin displays the channel name watching TV and the movie title watching a recorded file. As L4L shows the picon, would be possible to display on VFD the event name instead of channel name?

2) I'm now trying to use 2.1.7 if I solve some problems. There I don't see the skin_user.xml: just skin.xml and skin_default.xml.
The skin_user.xml can be used also in 2.1.7? Does it replace the default in case BH finds it? Or the role of skin_user is taken by one of these two other files in 2.1.7?

nunigaia

I

I like your skin because with Duo2 you don't need many infos on the VFD.
Two questions:
1) I see that your skin displays the channel name watching TV and the movie title watching a recorded file. As L4L shows the picon, would be possible to display on VFD the event name instead of channel name?

2) I'm now trying to use 2.1.7 if I solve some problems. There I don't see the skin_user.xml: just skin.xml and skin_default.xml.
The skin_user.xml can be used also in 2.1.7? Does it replace the default in case BH finds it? Or the role of skin_user is taken by one of these two other files in 2.1.7?

1) Test the file attached ( to test ftp it to --> /etc/enigma2

Don´t forget to restart enigma

2) skin_user.xml is at /etc/enigma2 folder ( you haven´t searched the correct folder --> you have searched on /usr/share/enigma2/ ... where are the skins located ), default skin and others installed on your STB.

I´ve tested the skin_user.xml ( ev0 and eragon ), 2 different skins ... and they work flawlessly on BH 2.14, 2.15, 2.1.6 and 2.1.7.

Make a previous copy of the skin_user.xml located where i told /etc/enigma2 to a directory you want on your PC.

With this version attached ... i´ve moded ... ev0 version to display the current event ... you´ll have 4 versions to work with ...

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• skin_user.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 195

AlexWilMac

I'm enjoying really much your VFD skin.
3 things:
-which lines should I delete to leave just the title of the event and the event progress bar, without tuners, time and so on?
-I read that there is an option to make text rolling horizontally: is it true?
-what's the line about the event's name to set a smaller size?

Hallon

Vu+ Newbie
I made some changes to the "skin_user.xml" so that is only a big clock and a progressbar in all the menyes. Works great on Blackhole and VU+ Duo2.
Use it as nunigala discribes earlier.

Attachments

• skin_user.zip
    1 KB · Views: 113

goofy gorilla

Vu+ Newbie
i like this big clock ... but when you put the duo2 in standby mode the clock dissapears , nothing show on the vfd screen..how do i get the clock to still show in standby ? i would also like to make the clock bigger, what do you edit in the skin.user.xml file ? ta