Announcements Vu+ Duo2

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Could any german user translate in english please? Google translator is not a solution.
Anyone saw Duo2 at Anga Cable? Maybe the Exhibition opens toady, right?

superfly

Vu+ Newbie
Did anyone see the Duo2 in action at the Anga Cable 2013? If so, how the LCD screen on the receiver? Does it only show the weather and channel logo or can you see menus etc...

dts

Vu+ Newbie
Start of production Duo² from 24.06. and delivered in early to mid July.

Current Information from the Anga Cable (Satco, Vu+).

I think it will come sooner! At least so says the official sponsor in Spain ...

banneradn.jpg

zoro25

Vu+ Newbie
I think it will come sooner! At least so says the official sponsor in Spain ...

banneradn.jpg

???
15th just is about as middle of July as you can get just like original poster stated.
Not sure why you think it will come earlier?

kostassatcom

Vu+ Newbie
hello its worth to buy vu duo2??i have vu ultimo one year now,I am satisfied.Vu+duo2 is compatitive with ULTRA HD/4K (HEVC/H.265)????In near future will be the HDMI 2.0.So its better to wait the vu+ ultimo2 ,may be in 2015/16 :)

Shiro

BH-C
We are in the present and not in the future :)
And at the present yes, it is worth to buy the duo2 because the performances are too much better than ultimo.
But everyone have his perspective so if you are satisfied with your ultimo and have not interest in perfomances stay with it.

Ev0

Admin
If you are going to wait for the future you will never EVER by anything electronic.

Sure 4k tv on the way, but then there will be 8k and 16k tv not far behind, and then 32k, 64k (you get the idea).

Duo2 is 1.3ghz dual core, who knows Ultimo2 (if there ever is one), could be 1.3ghz quad core, or maybe Duo3 (again if there ever is one) could be 3.2ghz hex core.

So if you are looking to upgrade your Ultimo soon, then yes imo the Duo2 would be worth upgrading too.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
I'm a little bit confused about tuner in Duo2. Is supported DVB-T2 or just DVB-T? Dual tuner means Twin tuner? If so, can I use a dual tuner with two dishes or just one equiped with Twin LNB? If I understand correctly, the box will be available with single and dual tuner.... anyone can clarify? Thank you.

Feedhunter

Vu+ User
Only DVB-T. Dual tuner only for sat... And you can use the dual tuner with two dishes.

You can choose between different tuners. The Duo² has 2x Plug and Play Tuners and you can choose between DVB-S2 / DVB-C/T / DVB-S2 dual.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Understood, thank you. However, it's very strange that a new box doesn't support DVB-T2... in many european countries terrestrial TV is broadcasted in T2 or is switching to it during next years. Maybe in the future? Plug and Play solution could allow to replace both tuners to update the box. Also, dual satellite tuner could be very useful to view and record from two different orbital location using two dishes. Hoping to get 1 Duo2 in the summer.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Only DVB-T. Dual tuner only for sat... And you can use the dual tuner with two dishes.

You can choose between different tuners. The Duo² has 2x Plug and Play Tuners and you can choose between DVB-S2 / DVB-C/T / DVB-S2 dual.

A little correction: Duo2 has 3 slots for tuners. So you can have in maximal configuration 6 DVB-S2 tuners (3 twin DVB-S2 tuners) :yahoo:.

bluechris

Vu+ Newbie
So we can maximum achieve 4 S2 total ports right? im ok with this.. in combine with my 2 Usb DVB-T i will end up with 6 tunners.. cool :D can w8...

As for DVB-T2 isnt a compatible USB tuner will be around? My friend Angelofsky what you say about it?