VU+ RCU ( Remote control Unit )

Kenneth MacLean

Vu+ Newbie
I consider Vu remotes to be of poor quality (mine anyway) I have repaired my original ruc many times, due to the OK and 4 way buttons not initialising requests. I have initiated HDMI-CEC on my Sony Bravia ruc but video controlling functions are not available. I have bought a new Vu ruc and its almost as bad as its predesseor.
Anyone had the same problem?

Tururu

BH Lover
If all you buy from that model, original and clone (the copy is identical to the original and has the same problem).
Surely you have a VU + DUO2 with the new Iinfrarojo version.
Bad as lonely.
It has no solution, it is a mixture of rubber buttons, but with metal pushbutton, the screen printed contact is eaten on the plate, you will have to change and replace the button.
The new remote control of infrared, if it is the same model, more of the same, according to use, do not last me for 6 months.
It is better to buy a new one of the old model and solved subject.
--------------
Si todos los que compre de ese modelo, original y clon (la copia es identica al original y tiene el mismo problema).
Seguramente tienes un VU+DUO2 con la version nuevo mando Iinfrarojo.
Malo como el solo.
No tiene solucion, es una mezcla de botones de goma, pero con pulsador metalico, se come el contacto serigrafiado en la placa, tendrias que cambiar y sustituir el pulsador.
El nuevo mando a distanci de infrarojos, si es el mismo model, mas de lo mismo, segun uso, no me duran ni 6 meses.
Es mejor comprar uno nuevo del modelo antiguo y tema solucionado.
En español para mi.

Mando_New_DUO2_mal.jpg

Matrix10

Administrator
I use intensely one and the same remote many years
with all VU + receivers
old VU + UNO universal original VU + remote.
So there is no talk about the poor quality of these remote.
buy a new universal original VU + remote the old model remote that works on all boxes of the VU +
(but not the oldest model for the old DUO receiver)

Kenneth MacLean

Vu+ Newbie
If all you buy from that model, original and clone (the copy is identical to the original and has the same problem).
Surely you have a VU + DUO2 with the new Iinfrarojo version.
Bad as lonely.
It has no solution, it is a mixture of rubber buttons, but with metal pushbutton, the screen printed contact is eaten on the plate, you will have to change and replace the button.
The new remote control of infrared, if it is the same model, more of the same, according to use, do not last me for 6 months.
It is better to buy a new one of the old model and solved subject.
--------------
Si todos los que compre de ese modelo, original y clon (la copia es identica al original y tiene el mismo problema).
Seguramente tienes un VU+DUO2 con la version nuevo mando Iinfrarojo.
Malo como el solo.
No tiene solucion, es una mezcla de botones de goma, pero con pulsador metalico, se come el contacto serigrafiado en la placa, tendrias que cambiar y sustituir el pulsador.
El nuevo mando a distanci de infrarojos, si es el mismo model, mas de lo mismo, segun uso, no me duran ni 6 meses.
Es mejor comprar uno nuevo del modelo antiguo y tema solucionado.
En español para mi.

View attachment 42644
So you understand the problem. I still insist its bad quality.

Tururu

BH Lover
I repeat, it's not bad quality, all the controls are good and they last a lot, but with the model of the photo, they fucked the statistics.:haha:
Someone bad design this command, I mix 2 type of commands.
Metallic contacts/micropulsors and the pushbuttons that a part of the contact is a conductive track on the base plate, on the other side we have a rubber/silicone pushbutton that has a conductive part, when pressing closes the circuit.
The 2 versions work well and for many years.
If you mix the two systems and change the silicone contact for a metal part, it eats the conductive tracks of the motherboard and that has no solution.
So with this new control of the photo, the most used tecasls fail, you can clean them and work a few months, if you put another battery, you spend 4'5Volts at 6volts, improving the operation of the remote and it does not break.
But as I say, the solution is to buy the universal control for all VU+ for example and it will last for years without having to touch.
Option B is to solder a few micro buttons on each key and that these are the ones that you press/close the contact.
Suffering the problem since 2013 with the VU+DUO2.
I have all the controls, Universal VU+ black and white (type1,2,3,4), the new Vu+ IR300 RCU, Vu+ RCU Bluetooth 4.0:yahoo:

I am very sensitive to problems with the keys of the controls for my problems.
------------------------
Repito, no es mala calidad, todos los mandos son buenos y duran mucho, pero con el modelo de la foto, jodieron las estadisticas.:haha:
Alguien diseño mal este mando, mezclo 2 tipo de mandos.
Contactos metalicos/micropulsadores y los pulsadores que una parte del contacto es una pista conductora en la placa base, en el otro lado tenemos un pulsador de goma/silicona que tiene una parte conductora, al pulsar cierra el circuito.
Las 2 versiones funcionan bien y por muchos años.
Si mezclas los dos sistemas y cambias el contacto de silicona por una pieza metalica, esta se come las pistas conductoras de la placa base y eso no tiene solucion.
Por eso con este nuevo mando de la foto, fallan las teclal que mas se usen, las puedes limpiar y funcionara unos meses, si pones otra pilas mas, pasas de 4'5Voltios a 6voltios, mejorando el funcionamiento del mando y no se rompe.
Pero como digo, la solucion es comprar el mando universal para todos los VU+ por ejemplo y durara años sin tener que tocar.
La opcion B es soldar unos micro pulsadores en cada tecla y que sean estos los que ahora pulsas/cierran el contacto.
Sufridor del problema desde 2013 con el VU+DUO2.
Tengo todos los mandos, Universal VU+ negro y blanco (tipo1,2,3,4), el nuevo Vu+IR300 RCU, Vu+RCU Bluetooth 4.0:yahoo:
Soy muy sensible a los problemas con las teclas de los mandos por mis problemas.
En español para mi.:eek:

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

So you understand the problem. I still insist its bad quality.
The so called "new design", the one with numbers at the bottom, has actually chances to have issues with its buttons. But as its design is much more comfortable than the "classic", I prefer spending some money on them (I've had a couple to replace, so far) than on the messy classic model.
I can't simply conceive a remote where numbers, the far most used buttons, are at the top.
Also, the "New design" has a clean design, a clever arrangement of buttons, a useful difference in colours for MENU button and for the main section (OK and the 4 buttons around).
So, what we should do, if we don't want to buy generic, programmable remotes, is sending feedbacks to VU+ to change not the design and the logic of the New Design model, but its buttons' system, instead.

nunigaia

I consider Vu remotes to be of poor quality (mine anyway) I have repaired my original ruc many times, due to the OK and 4 way buttons not initialising requests. I have initiated HDMI-CEC on my Sony Bravia ruc but video controlling functions are not available. I have bought a new Vu ruc and its almost as bad as its predesseor.
Anyone had the same problem?

Wich one, mate? As:

1. Universal Vu+ RCU
  2. Vu+ Duo2 ... the one that was referred at #2 by @Tururu
  3. The new one ... Ultimo4K, Uno4K Se, Zero4K and now Duo4K RCU´s
  4. Bluetooth RCU ( similar to the previous referred at .3 )
  5. All of them ???...

best regards
nunigaia