Vu solo 2 wont start up after update error

LHarte

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone. I purchased a vu+solo 2 yesterday. Im not 100% if it is a clone or not. Well here is the problem. I uploaded the latest blackhole image onto the box. then I went back intot he computer to get a channel list file to put onto the box but when I got back there was a error coming up in green, like it was the size of the tv screen with code underneath it and it kept flashing up, it had something to do with enigma, it kept doing it so I switched the box off at the back and when I went to turn it back on only the power button on the front lit up and there was a small bit of colour in the display but it was not saying anything. like nothing happens when I stick a usb in or anything the display stays blank and no image appear's on the tv. Can it be restored or fixed? Any help would be great thanks
smiley20.gif

Mick12334

You state you have a VU+ Solo 2 but you have posted in the VU+ Duo2 Black Hole images section.
If you do have the VU+ Solo 2 try downloading the Black Hole image, for that receiver, you will notice that inside the vuplus folder is a sub folder labelled for your receiver, so yours should say solo2.
Try formatting your USB stick, loading the vuplus folder, for your receiver, and loading the image again.
You can find images, and guides, on the VU+ website, explaining how to tell if your receiver is genuine.

LHarte

Vu+ Newbie
Ooops didn't realise sorry about that. Nothing happens when I stick a usb into it though? Nothing at all?

Mick12334

Did you follow the instructions, for loading the image?
I assume you do have the Solo 2, and not the Duo 2:
Power off Solo 2
Insert USB stick in the front USB port
Power on Solo 2
When prompted press the power button, on the front of your receiver.
First ensure your USB stick is formatted in FAT 32 and only loaded with the Black Hole image, for your receiver, check inside the vuplus folder that the sub folder is solo2.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
If your box is a clone, what happened is the effect of latest Vu+' s (not BH!!) anti-clone countermeasures.
In that case you could return as soon as possible the box to the seller and ask for a reimbursement (or a replacement with an original one).

LHarte

Vu+ Newbie
Yes I done all of that and it was fine then 5mins later and error came up in green and it was stuck on it so I turned the box of at the back and only the power button turns on? nothing else displays?

Mick12334

Have you tried re-loading the image?
Is the USB stick, and the Black Hole image, recognized?
Have you got anything else connected?

Mick12334

Have you tried formatting your USB stick, downloading a different image, and attempting to load that, on your VU+ Solo2?
Ensure you have the correct image, for your receiver.