Vu Solo 4k LNB

Ron Smith

Vu+ Newbie
I have recently had difficulty recording 2 channels and watching a third. Does the Solo 4k need "special" lnb to allow it to record multiple channels simultaneously?
TIA
Ron

barryr

Vu+ Newbie
I have recently had difficulty recording 2 channels and watching a third. Does the Solo 4k need "special" lnb to allow it to record multiple channels simultaneously?
TIA
Ron

Yes Ron you need a "UNICABLE" lnb in order to record up to 4 channels at the same time. I am using an "INVERTO" unicable lnb for this task.

They require setting up within the "Advanced" menu of the tuner setup.

Regards,

Barry.

Ron Smith

Vu+ Newbie
Which model do you use Barry? I have been looking at the "Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP" is this suitable?
Do you use a splitter in order to use both tuners A and B? Are they compatible with the dish I already have?
Thanks for your help
Ron

barryr

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Ron,

My LNB is "Inverto IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-OPP" This has 2 legacy Ports which means I can revert to the standard LNB if I was not happy with the unicable setup.

With the Unicable setup, you have to declare which Satellite you are using.

It is also possible to set up port LNB2 as a conventional port (Tuner B) with Tuners A,C,D, and E as unicable using the LNB1 port.

Regards,

Barry.

AlexWilMac

Actually, not only SCRs make you able to watch and record different channels.
At the moment, I use LNBs which have two outputs: one goes into Tuner A and another into Tuner B. Then you have to configure Tuner B as "Equal to" Tuner A (or viceversa).
But if your LNB hasn't got two outputs and you need a new LNB, then is much better to choose a SCR because Solo4K creates 4 virtual tuners with just one LNB (and a single input).

AlexWilMac

Too long to answer here: google for it. In brief: there are two main kinds of LNBs: the universal and the SCRs.

Ron Smith

Vu+ Newbie
I think you mean the unicable LNB Or "Single Cable Receiver" but this is not listed as an acronym on google
Ron

AlexWilMac

Try SCR on its own

Internet is crowded with many acronyms. There are many which refer to completely different subjects. A clever search is not the one with the minimum words just not to waste time in typing but it is the one with the minimum needed words to aim to the best results, i.e. the ones more concerning what you want to know.
If you look for AIT, for example, you'll find

Alliance Internationale de Tourism
Advanced individual training

Advanced intelligent tape

but if you know you're looking for a tape you'll add this word and "AIT TAPE" will get you straight to the appropriate results.