VU+ Solo Red light bricked?

darkerkn1ght

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I was trying to update the EPG on my VU+ Solo when it suddenly crashed(green screen) it then was in a loop blue (Black Hole) screen then green screen, so I pulled the plug to stop the loop. When i plugged it back in I had a red light and the box would not boot. I have tried flashing using a USB stick but nothing happens just red light it doesn't read the stick. I have tried RS232 cable, Com port is recognised but box isn't using VU Utility. It is almost as though the box is switched off even though there is a red light shown. Is the box completely bricked? The firmware on it was Blackhole 2.0.9.1 which I believe its the latest version. It seems very buggy and crashed a lot particularly when trying to get the EPG to work. I Have contacted the seller and they have told me "I must of updated the box with Blackhole 2.0.9.1 v2 which was released on April 19 2014 and that had a virus in it which has wiped my flash and bricked my box so no refund". I have told him I haven't updated box with any software, which I haven't. I think he is lying about the virus as I haven't seen anything mentioned on the net. The box was running ok (apart from crashing now and again) but after this crash it no longer boots. Red light and nothing else. As mentioned have tried USB flash and RS 232 cable but nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The guy I bought it from on eBay told me the box was 100% brand new original from Korea. It is about a month old and cost me £129.99 thanks D

paolino

Vu+ User+++
.... "I must of updated the box with Blackhole 2.0.9.1 v2 which was released on April 19 2014 and that had a virus in it which has wiped my flash and bricked my box so no refund"....As mentioned have tried USB flash and RS 232 cable but nothing....

Read Forum Rules, Please! We don't support any kind of clones and hacked images here!

darkkn1ght

Vu+ Newbie
I wasn't aware I was using a clone or a hacked image? I was quoting what the guy said. As far as I am aware my box is genuine.