Solo VU+ Solo SE v2 being really hot

hofpeti

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum, so I hope it's in the right section for my question.

So I've bought myself a Solo SE v2 a month ago which is my daily driver now, but I only use it for streaming.

What I've noticed though is that the heatsink on the middle is so hot that you can feel the hot air coming through the top of the case, and it seems way more hot for my standards. Since it has a passive cooling solution inside, it's really worrying for me. I've never owned any set top boxes before, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I've bought it used.

Should I replace the thermal paste on the heatsink, or put like a USB fan on top of it?

Also, sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker.

Mick12334

You could just put blocks, under each corner, to allow airflow underneath, or a fan, developed for other receivers, where you place the receiver on top of it:
USB fan 1.jpg

hofpeti

Vu+ Newbie
You could just put blocks, under each corner, to allow airflow underneath, or a fan, developed for other receivers, where you place the receiver on top of it:
View attachment 42790

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought about getting a fan like this, but the heat is coming exactly from that heatsink, and I'm not sure if a fan underneath it can affect that one crucial spot. It also has some rubber feet on the corners as well, so this might be normal, I'm just not sure.

Is there any thermometer application for this box?

[QUOTE = "hofpeti, post: 256912, member: 143246»] Спасибо за предложение! Я думал о том, чтобы получить такой вентилятор, но тепло исходит именно от этого радиатора, и я не уверен, что вентилятор под ним может повлиять на это важное место. У него также есть резиновые ножки по углам, так что это может быть нормально, я просто не уверен.

Есть ли применение термометра для этой коробки? [/ QUOTE]
Я тоже для интереса взял неделю назад vu+solo se v2,по началу тоже думал что сильно греется,сверху на коробке до плюс 42. Но потом поинтерисовался у знатоков и мне ответили,что для этого устройства и плюс 60 не страшно и притом ресивер стоит метр от батареи отопления,с уважением владимир33. Да еще ,остановился на имидже Black Hole 3.0.4 vu+solo se / ve2.за неделю перепробовал 15 разных имиджей и остановился на этом,пока нравится,у меня есть еще solo2 выпуска 2012 года ,так что есть с чем сравнить.

bogdanm

[QUOTE = "hofpeti, post: 256912, member: 143246»] Спасибо за предложение! Я думал о том, чтобы получить такой вентилятор, но тепло исходит именно от этого радиатора, и я не уверен, что вентилятор под ним может повлиять на это важное место. У него также есть резиновые ножки по углам, так что это может быть нормально, я просто не уверен.

Есть ли применение термометра для этой коробки? [/ QUOTE]
Я тоже для интереса взял неделю назад vu+solo se v2,по началу тоже думал что сильно греется,сверху на коробке до плюс 42. Но потом поинтерисовался у знатоков и мне ответили,что для этого устройства и плюс 60 не страшно и притом ресивер стоит метр от батареи отопления,с уважением владимир33. Да еще ,остановился на имидже Black Hole 3.0.4 vu+solo se / ve2.за неделю перепробовал 15 разных имиджей и остановился на этом,пока нравится,у меня есть еще solo2 выпуска 2012 года ,так что есть с чем сравнить.
Please translate to English. becouse is hard help you.
This is English section forum

AlexWilMac

The most important factor in these cases is to help as most as possible to dissipate the heat produced by a CPU. So buy a very good thermal past (they are not all the same) and replace it after having cleaned the previous one.
Don't exaggerate with it.
The fan are not as important as the dissipation process, otherwise they would had been implemented by the VU+.
Obviously they can help too, but if you have a fire, you are not fighting it by a glass of water, aren't you? ;)

[QUOTE = "bogdanm, post: 256916, member: 739»] Пожалуйста, переведите на английский. потому что трудно помочь вам.
Это английский раздел форума [/ QUOTE]I also want to know that a week ago vu + solo se v2, from top to bottom, on the box to plus 42. But then I think that I have everything I need for this device and plus 60, not scary and, moreover, the receiver costs a meter from radiator, with respect, vladimir33. Black Hole 3.0.4 vu + solo se / ve2. For a week I tried 15 different images, and while I still have a solo2 of the release of 2012, so there is something to compare with.