vu solo2 & catseye settings

ishara

Vu+ Newbie
hi im having problem with some channels on catseye e2 settings namely &tv hd 11508 v 23000 8psk not showing and signal drops.but if i rescan it wont let me and no channels.but if i put pilot on it scans ok and channel shows with full signal.it happens with all chann on this transponder.also 11656 v 22000 qpsk breaking up &tv sd ch all other channel that i know of are fine.i tried same catseye settings on dm 800se and they working ok no problem.but with solo2 3.0.3 im having problems

Mick12334

Please list your satellite set up.
Fixed dish, single LNB, motorized dish, multiple dishes, or LNB's, using a Diseqc switch, 36v motor using a V-Box II?
What are your signal quality readings, on 11509 V 23000 DVB-S2 8PSK 2/3 and 11656 V 22000 DVB-S? Both of these transponders are on The Europe Ku beam, not the UK spot beam.
Do you have a DECT telephone? Some frequencies are susceptible to DECT telephone interference.

ishara

Vu+ Newbie
motorised 36v universal black twin lnb using v-box II. i have second router extender nearby no dect phone

Mick12334

I'm also using a V-Box II, with a 36v motor, and have noticed that this can cause problems, on some frequencies.
If you have the LNB going into the V-Box II try removing it and connecting it directly to your VU+ Solo 2, then try scanning in the channels.
Please post back, with the results.

ishara

Vu+ Newbie
i tried vhannibal settings and their ok on vusolo2 its when i use catseye i have this problem.i like the catseye layout thats why i use them plus their close to my region

Mick12334

Why don't you make your own list, then save it?
You can use tools like DreamboxEdit, or Dreamset, to backup, edit, and re-load, your channels, and Bouquets, onto your Solo 2, without the need to use ready made lists.

Tururu

BH Lover
The channel list is the same. As they are enigma2 receivers, you can use it.
Install the channel list of DB800SE ==> Vu+Solo2
This way you have the same relation of TP's in the file satellites.xml.
Then restart Solo2 so that the new files are active, satellites.xml only reads it when starting

Blind searches can skip any TP's is normal.
Perform a manual search by activating the network search, similar to how you have it in the DB800se.
---------
La lista de canales es la misma.? como son receptores enigma2, puedes usar la misma.
Instala la lista de canales del DB800SE ==> Vu+Solo2
De esta forma tienes la misma relacion de TP's en el fichero satellites.xml.
Luego reinicia el Solo2 para que tenga activos los nuevos ficheros, satellites.xml solo lo lee al arrancar

Las busquedas ciegas se pueden saltar algun TP's es normal.
Realiza una busqueda manual activando la busqueda en red, similar a como lo tengas en la DB800se.

Tururu

BH Lover
i use the same channel list in dreambox and it works so why not on vusolo2 what changes?

I have not used the DB800 for a long time, it's in its box.
Comparing with DB800S-HD, some reptors tolerate more errors in the configuration, where one works, the other does not, not tuned, has no signal.
Use the parameters of the photo to find the channel, DUO2 and Solo2 are similar.
-----
Hace mucho que no uso la DB800se, esta en su caja.
Comparando con DB800S-HD, algunos reptores toleran mas errores en la configuracion, donde uno funciona, el otro no, no sintoniza nada, no tiene señal.
Usa los parametros de la foto para buscar el canal, el DUO2 y el Solo2 son similares.

Astra28_actualiza_2.jpg

Tururu

BH Lover
As far as I know, &TV and &TV HD are now crypted on 28,2.
Yes.
So I put photos of other channels (FTA) in the same TP's and see their parameters, being in Astra 2G Europe, you do not have to have trouble tuning.
---
Por eso puse fotos de otros canales (FTA) en los mismos TP's y ver sus parametros, al estar en Astra 2G Europe, no tiene que tener problemas para poder sintonizar.

ishara

Vu+ Newbie
thanks but i had this problem when they &tv hd and &tv sd were fta and other channels on these transponders.like &tv sd breaking up as when there is low signal.i have just scanned and &tv hd 11508 v 23000 2/3 is working.but &tv sd 11656 v 22000 5/6 is breaking up with lines across screen as if aerial needs adjusting in the old days with tv aerial,if you know what i mean?
signal is showing snr 99% agc 82%

ishara

Vu+ Newbie
&tv hd showing now but i were to send cats eye setting it wont show up until i rescan again!
or if i import these settings and send them back it wont show up again and i have to rescan for it to show

Mick12334

motorised 36v universal black twin lnb using v-box II. i have second router extender nearby no dect phone

Have you got both cables connected to your Solo 2, from the Twin LNB?
What are your Tuner settings, and your preferred Tuner settings?
When you bring up the information, by pressing the OK button, which Tuner is being used, when the picture is breaking up?
Which Tuner is connected via the V-Box II?

Mick12334

Go into the menu and Set Tuner A as the preferred tuner, if this is the tuner direct from your LNB, to the receiver.
How old is your cable? I noticed an improvement when I changed my cable, after 5 years with the previous cable.

AlexWilMac

This what happen to the lazy people who don't have 5 minutes of their life to perform a traditional scan by the appropriate function. A lot of troubles for nothing: who has saved their time, now?