VU+ Solo2 full backup a trivial question

Mony

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I am new in this forum and also new with the VU+ Solo2 machine. Slowly I am getting to know it but as I am not familiar with linux I dont seem to master the device management part. Basically what I am trying to do is to take a full Backup to my 2.0,9 image. So I accessed the backup menu and indeed I managed to take it but unfortunately this is written to my hard drive but what good will this make as I guess if I will need to restore this will not be accessible. So I connected a USB to the rear of the machine (after formatting it to FAT32 on my WIn7 machine) and through the device manager mounted it and restarted the machine. So now I have my USB and my HDD defined.
Questions:
1. Do i need to define a special path in the device management ? If I am not wrong I have defined it in one of the available options "Backuptemp".
2. I read many threads which all state to copy the folder VUPLUS on my HDD to the USB - How do I do this ?? I am sure its a very basic question but I have no knowledge about telnet and ftp commands nor about linux. From my PC i can see the VUSOLO2 and the folder called Harddisk and a sub folder "vuplus" and under this one a folder called solo2 and eventually in it there are 4 files. So i guess this is the folder (vuplus and subfolder solo2) i need to copy , but why i see reference in some threads to zip files i dont see any zip there .
3. Can i connect my USB to my PC and copy the "vuplus" folder to the USB using Explorer or I need another utility ?
4. Once i will have such a copy opn my USB is there a wau to verify that this is a valid copy ?
Sorry for this stupid questions but I really want to explore the machine and install plugins etc but i dont want to do so before a having a backup to my system

Ill appreciate your help Thanks Mony.