Vu+ Solo2 only responding to remote when very close

o_ptic

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

Ive suddenly developed an issue with my Vu+ Solo2 and the remote - Vu+ is running latest Vix image.

As of today the remote became unresponsive but only to the Solo2, the power and volume control can still operate the TV.
Ive done the standard validation of changing batteries, resetting the remote, unplugging anything around the box which could cause interference and removing the USB stick.
To take this one step further I also own a Vu+Zero and the remote works faultlessly on that and vice-versa the Zero remote will not operate the Solo2.
Ive worked out that if I almost touch the display with the remote I can command the channels although Im sure the family will not find this amusing :p

Before I go through the reflash loop have I missed anything or could this be a hardware failure?

Hope this all makes sense?

o_ptic

Vu+ Newbie
Yes I negated to say that I did that at the very start. So a development is that I have rebooted the box several times, reset the remote and left the box off for a period and the remote is functional again? It did have a quick glitch but seems to now be stable. Ive not sorted the TV control and AV button again so mhy fingers are crossed. Unfortunately im not able to offer any wisdom as to what has happened to fix.

Tururu

BH Lover
It seems that you also changed the configuration to use more controls on the receivers and not have problems.
Usually happens when setting the volume for the TV.:wallbash::haha:
By default, mode 2 is VU+zero and VU+Solo2.
You changed the mode to 1-3-4 on the VU+solo2 receiver and so it does not respond to the command in mode 2.
Since the VU+zero is in mode 2, the 2 controls work with this receiver.
The Volume setting for the TV is independent.
In Spanish for me.
-------------

Da la impresion que tambien cambiaste la configuracion para usar mas mandos en los receptores y no tener problemas.
Suele pasar al configurar el volumen para la TV.:wallbash::haha:
Por defecto estan en modo 2 el VU+zero y el VU+Solo2.
Cambiaste el modo a 1-3-4 en el receptor VU+solo2 y por eso no responde al mando en modo 2.
Como el VU+zero esta en modo 2, funcionan los 2 mandos con este receptor.
La configuracion del Volumen para la TV es independiente.

Configuracion-mando-tipo.png