vu+solo2 stuck on blackhole logo screen

doughedd

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

new to forum and to vu boxes so bare with me, bought this from ebay, saying not working easy fix just needs software update, turned on for first time and on screen there is a black hole logo and box says starting, that's as far as it gets any idea's welcome please, can i just flash with an update, is there anyway to restore to defaults and reinstall and if so how and where is best place to get software.

thanks

doughedd

nunigaia

Hi all,

new to forum and to vu boxes so bare with me, bought this from ebay, saying not working easy fix just needs software update, turned on for first time and on screen there is a black hole logo and box says starting, that's as far as it gets any idea's welcome please, can i just flash with an update, is there anyway to restore to defaults and reinstall and if so how and where is best place to get software.

thanks

doughedd

You have boughted it from ebay ... ok ... check first here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-detect-solo2-clone-box.16332/ , if you haven´t got a clone VU+ STB...

If all matchs the original ... reply here!

best regards
nunigaia

doughedd

Vu+ Newbie
no box as second hand, only thing is no dots in fan, has magnet so still not sure maybe work on assumption its a clone?? what does that mean

doughedd

Vu+ Newbie
so download, unzip to usb disconnect everything then insert usb and power up? sorry just checking
thanks nunigaia

nunigaia

so download, unzip to usb disconnect everything then insert usb and power up? sorry just checking
thanks nunigaia

1. Download a zip file for your VuPlus model from http://code.vuplus.com.
  2. Unzip the zip file and you will have vuplus folder and under the folder, you have another folder named after the model of your VuPlus set.
  3. Copy vuplus folder (including all the sub folders and files in it) to root folder of an USB memory.
  4. Turn off your VuPlus set and insert the USB memory to USB port on the set.
  5. Turn on the set.
    • For Solo2: Push power button when message shows. Update is done when complete message is displayed on the VFD.

6. Remove the USB memory and turn off the set and back on.
Note: The USB Memory Stick ( Pen Drive ) must be formatted as FAT32 file system.

doughedd

Vu+ Newbie
he sold as not working for parts and repair, but also stated in the description that was a software problem an easy fix and nothing about it being a clone, what you think my chances are with paypal? was £60 second hand with delivery

nunigaia

he sold as not working for parts and repair, but also stated in the description that was a software problem an easy fix and nothing about it being a clone, what you think my chances are with paypal? was £60 second hand with delivery

I think you´ll loose your money ... ask him to a return fee ... if him don´t do this i suggest ... post on ebay for not to buy from this retailer " clearing saying that him cheated on you "!

Try it ... to get your money back ... but you can loose much money too ( another delivery to him ) ... You haven´t much more to do! Sorry.

best regards
nunigaia