levi

vu solo2 some changes back of the box
this picture is taking from ANGA Vu+ Stand
IMG_0251.jpg

this one is current picture from hm-sat
Vu_Solo2_HDTV_Linux_Twin_SAT_Receiver_b4.jpg

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Clearly the PCB layout changed. Probably all components are flat on the board now since there is more space.
The Internal PSU was removed and an Exernal Adapter added. Pro's and Con's already described above. A fan was addded but most important Ethernet upgraded to Gigabit (to be confirmed).

The fan and Ethernet are improvements and the rest probably done to lower production costs. Looks good.

gus

Vu+ Newbie
can someone explain to why do these new HD boxes still have scart lead outputs, what the point, your not going to buy a 300 euro HD box and connect to your tv via scart lead, surely all new HD boxes do not need a scart lead output, I would much prefer a second hdmi output

bogdanm

can someone explain to why do these new HD boxes still have scart lead outputs, what the point, your not going to buy a 300 euro HD box and connect to your tv via scart lead, surely all new HD boxes do not need a scart lead output, I would much prefer a second hdmi output
I think people still used old TV conneckt to box; i know one person who was have TV Panasonic 32 and uno.
He write me, old tv work good and no can change to HD tv i think this is reason why still VU+ added scart.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User

Adding Scart is simple and cheap. Deleting it only makes sense if the chipset does not support component/composite jackets for video/audio anymore and the box becomes digital out only. That is not a good idea yet.
Just one reason:
On AMP's 2nd and even 3rd zoning is a common option these days but even there the extra zones support analog inputs only (using a single digital decoder). This is the reason why I still have my Onkyo NR609 wired both via HDMI plus Analog to all sources including my UNO.

Dual HDMI OUT is something different. Even on AMP's this is something being added recently on more expensive boxes. Analog in/out is being reduced also there but still not gone.

Good suggestion though for an ULTIMO2! Obviously you want then also Dual Screen support with source selection per HDMI output (Media Player and TV, TV1 and TV2, MP1 and MP2 etc etc).

Ev0

Admin
Believe it or not, there are alot of people out that that still have old crt tv's or even early flat screens that are not hd, but as most of the box's on the market are hd now, they buy an HD box.

gus

Vu+ Newbie
I think people still used old TV conneckt to box; i know one person who was have TV Panasonic 32 and uno.
He write me, old tv work good and no can change to HD tv i think this is reason why still VU+ added scart.
Adding Scart is simple and cheap. Deleting it only makes sense if the chipset does not support component/composite jackets for video/audio anymore and the box becomes digital out only. That is not a good idea yet.
Just one reason:
On AMP's 2nd and even 3rd zoning is a common option these days but even there the extra zones support analog inputs only (using a single digital decoder). This is the reason why I still have my Onkyo NR609 wired both via HDMI plus Analog to all sources including my UNO.

Dual HDMI OUT is something different. Even on AMP's this is something being added recently on more expensive boxes. Analog in/out is being reduced also there but still not gone.

Good suggestion though for an ULTIMO2! Obviously you want then also Dual Screen support with source selection per HDMI output (Media Player and TV, TV1 and TV2, MP1 and MP2 etc etc).
Believe it or not, there are alot of people out that that still have old crt tv's or even early flat screens that are not hd, but as most of the box's on the market are hd now, they buy an HD box.

thanks guys, I would liked to seen esata output, I prefer esata harddrives
do any of you guys know what the second screen on the vu+duo 2 will be able to do

bogdanm

do any of you guys know what the second screen on the vu+duo 2 will be able to do
I think no one know whot will be on duo2 becouse all see only beta box on anga and i think is too fast be 100% sure whot will be add on duo2 box.

Don Andres

BH Lover
Scart is very usefull if you want to splitt analog ( RF) signal to several TV sets in the house . Adding a single RF modulator on the scart output can broadcast the same channel watched on the HDMI output to many TV set in the building :)
Naturally , making compromize with the video quality .

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User

What do you mean with E-SATA Output? I know esata only for external HDD connectivity which is on the recent VU+ receivers with exception of SOLO2. Works fine on my UNO. Biggest reason for me to use esata is keeping USB sockets free for other purposes.
I hope to be able using the local screen for browser functionality when playing music. I think that will be supported as other media players do that already. This next to other still unknown (nice) things. What would you like to be able doing with it?

G

Godanapo

Scart is very usefull if you want to splitt analog ( RF) signal to several TV sets in the house . Adding a single RF modulator on the scart output can broadcast the same channel watched on the HDMI output to many TV set in the building :)
Naturally , making compromize with the video quality .

I totally agree with this. I still use my SCART output for that :p

Regards

gus

Vu+ Newbie
What do you mean with E-SATA Output? I know esata only for external HDD connectivity which is on the recent VU+ receivers with exception of SOLO2. Works fine on my UNO. Biggest reason for me to use esata is keeping USB sockets free for other purposes.
I hope to be able using the local screen for browser functionality when playing music. I think that will be supported as other media players do that already. This next to other still unknown (nice) things. What would you like to be able doing with it?

I hope to be able using the local screen for browser functionality when playing music. I think that will be supported as other media players do that already. This next to other still unknown (nice) things. What would you like to be able doing with it?[/quote]

Sorry that what I meant when I said esata, I would like to be able to use esata, for my recording, rather than use the internal harddrive
Not sure what to expect with the second screen, this is something totally new, I suppose it will be used to mirror the menu system, if you are using the menu it will show whats on the tv screen on the second screen
Picon aslo, you could see picons on the display on the ultimo, but I suppose on duo2 it will be in full colour picons, that would be nice,
Maybe you will be able to connect it to a email account, so when you receive a email, a nofication will be displayed, or connect to news feed to receive the lastest news headlinds
I aslo guessing you be able to view photos on the second screen
There are so many options for this second screen. What do you guys think it will be able to do wcith the second screen

picture sharing

I just cannot wait, hopefully it will be relased VERY soon

Attachments

• VU_DUOII.jpg
    VU_DUOII.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 17

rachid lemrhannem

Vu+ Newbie
i don't think that because i had one old TV Sony trinitron doesn't work good in audio and video in this case i bought a new one Samsung UE 40 D 8000 IT perfect in that

levi

Do you think that , and what about VU+ DUO 2 ? I am looking forward to get one
no just had an email from my local satshop confirm that solo2 coming in 10 dec 2012 and vu+duo2 dont know yet whene going to sale but not to long i think
if you can wait wait for duo2