Announcements Vu+ Solo2

Don Andres

BH Lover
The information I got regarding possible Duo 2 release is first or second quorter 2013.
There are rumors going that Vu+ will drop the TFT display on Duo2 ?!

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
The TFT display would be the main reason for me going for DUO2. There are many others feeling the same. If dropping TFT would be a good idea? It is the main differentiator together with pluggable tuners!

It probably will take a decent period before launching the DUO2 as the SOLO2 is used as the pilot for the new chipsets and new media player/streamer functionalities. Live experiences with SOLO2 will probably be used to decide on any changes on DUO2. The same happened with UNO and ULTIMO also announced together with UNO coming a lot earlier as the pilot product.

Shiro

BH-C
It seems that you have not understood. 3.1.1 was kernel not core.
The Solo2 image have jumped from kernel 3.3.1 to kernel 3.3.6

KFL

Vu+ User
I have found it:
Uno and others are using kernel 3.1.1
Solo2 is using kernel 3.3.6-1.2
Openembedded core is same for all.

G

Godanapo

I think Solo2 uses a new kernel because have some features that the old receivers doesnt have. Just that :)

Don Andres

BH Lover
Found theese screens os Solo 2 , published on the Nowegian Vu+Forum :)
Just wonder what Santa will bring me home in 2 weeks time ?:yahoo:

Attachments

• Solo2-Open.jpg
    Solo2-Open.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Solo2-Open-HDD.jpg
    Solo2-Open-HDD.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 174
G

Godanapo

New nice video released on Youtube, showing some things about Solo2:

Code:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152315363565165

Don Andres

BH Lover
Seems really strange , we are on the edge of new modell release , without any sign of alternative image support ?!
I'm not refering to annonced BH support , BH has always been loyal to Vu+ , have checked PLI /VIX/AAF image sites, no a trace for VU+Solo 2 image support !

G

Godanapo

Seems really strange , we are on the edge of new modell release , without any sign of alternative image support ?!
I'm not refering to annonced BH support , BH has always been loyal to Vu+ , have checked PLI /VIX/AAF image sites, no a trace for VU+Solo 2 image support !

They will release their images as well for sure ;)

bogdanm

Other team will be realse image too but maybe wait for time when box will be on sale.