Vu+ Solo4K tested for you!

NickZ

Vu+ User
I think HDMI 2.0 is specially designed for 4K@60fps, for 4K@30fps HDMI 1.4 is quite enough. I have found in the Internet that CI+ was enabled by VTI team. Can BH team do that?

Matrix10

Administrator
I think HDMI 2.0 is specially designed for 4K@60fps, for 4K@30fps HDMI 1.4 is quite enough. I have found in the Internet that CI+ was enabled by VTI team. Can BH team do that?

Hello Nick,

When you buy Solo 4K you can test for us CI+ :D
I also do not have a CI + for test.
Maybe by some miracle it works , you never know.
If not you can use VTI or not . I have not test.

lorenz4

Vu+ Newbie
ok i was thinkg to buy solo4k but at the end i chosse the duo2 main reason arm proceesor its importan works emus. i know that ***** works fine but not enough for me.

Joneseyboy

Vu+ Newbie
Great review but I'm still unsure as to whether to go for the 4K box or the solo 2 as I don't have a 4K to but I am thinking of the future. Can anyone help me? Cheers Paul

Ev0

Admin
Great review but I'm still unsure as to whether to go for the 4K box or the solo 2 as I don't have a 4K to but I am thinking of the future. Can anyone help me? Cheers Paul
It will work just fine on a 1080p or 720p tv, it will downscale 4K uhd so you can view the content on your current tv.

Joneseyboy

Vu+ Newbie
It will work just fine on a 1080p or 720p tv, it will downscale 4K uhd so you can view the content on your current tv.
Thank you for your reply, that's cool. But in your opinion would you buy the 4K or the solo 2? As we all know 8k will be coming soon and so on and so on. I'm new to this so completely baffled as to which one to choose, and cost, as there are no free ultra hd channels out yet.

Ev0

Admin
Thank you for your reply, that's cool. But in your opinion would you buy the 4K or the solo 2? As we all know 8k will be coming soon and so on and so on. I'm new to this so completely baffled as to which one to choose, and cost, as there are no free ultra hd channels out yet.
If you have the money for a Solo4K, then it's a no brainer.

If you wait for the next thing (8K) then you will get there and want to wait for 16K, 32K and so on and never buy anything.

Solo2 is a great box, but it is no match for a solo4k, it is fixed twin tuner, so the only way to expand that is with usb tuners, and it does have limited flash space (although you can use multiboot and expand it that way), but the Solo4K has the ability to have 8 dvb-s2 internal tuners (with the correct lnb), and then you can add another 2 dvb-s2 or dvb-c/t/t2 tuners if you wish, before you start adding usb tuners.

And thats before we get to 4k tv content.

Joneseyboy

Vu+ Newbie
If you have the money for a Solo4K, then it's a no brainer.

If you wait for the next thing (8K) then you will get there and want to wait for 16K, 32K and so on and never buy anything.

Solo2 is a great box, but it is no match for a solo4k, it is fixed twin tuner, so the only way to expand that is with usb tuners, and it does have limited flash space (although you can use multiboot and expand it that way), but the Solo4K has the ability to have 8 dvb-s2 internal tuners (with the correct lnb), and then you can add another 2 dvb-s2 or dvb-c/t/t2 tuners if you wish, before you start adding usb tuners.

And thats before we get to 4k tv content.
Thank you for your patience but as I said I'm new at this I just want to get rid of my sly box, I would like the same sort of set up as we are not that technically minded well the wife isn't!!!, I'm not rich but I don't want to waste money either by buying something I'm not happy with in 18 months time and having to spend more money to get what I wanted in the first place. I just want to be able to pause tv, record one or two channels whilst watching another. your response saying about adding internal tuners has gone completely over my head as I'm not that into this. Also there are things like ***** and ***** ( I think) are they easy to do, I don't want to get something and not understand what to do with it. Cheers Paul

Ev0

Admin
Thank you for your patience but as I said I'm new at this I just want to get rid of my sly box, I would like the same sort of set up as we are not that technically minded well the wife isn't!!!, I'm not rich but I don't want to waste money either by buying something I'm not happy with in 18 months time and having to spend more money to get what I wanted in the first place. I just want to be able to pause tv, record one or two channels whilst watching another. your response saying about adding internal tuners has gone completely over my head as I'm not that into this. Also there are things like ***** and ***** ( I think) are they easy to do, I don't want to get something and not understand what to do with it. Cheers Paul
Read the rules of this board, that you agreed to when you signed up, before you get yourself banned.

Colonel dawg

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

I'm a noob so apologies if covering old ground but I haven't seen an answer to this question. I'm considering purchasing a vu+ solo 4K receiver but I don't have a motorised dish - is this essential? What are the set up options outside of getting a motorised dish? Thanks

Ev0

Admin
Hi all,

I'm a noob so apologies if covering old ground but I haven't seen an answer to this question. I'm considering purchasing a vu+ solo 4K receiver but I don't have a motorised dish - is this essential? What are the set up options outside of getting a motorised dish? Thanks
You can use a fixed dish, motorised dish (or multi lnb's) are not essential.

Colonel dawg

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks EvO - much appreciated! It will also be my first purchase and I've figured that this box has the specs to keep it future proofed more so than other Satelite receivers in the market. I also have a 4K tv with a built in upscaler so really keen to get the most out it in terms of picture quality.

How complicated do you think the set up would be for someone with average technical understanding?

Ev0

Admin
Thanks EvO - much appreciated! It will also be my first purchase and I've figured that this box has the specs to keep it future proofed more so than other Satelite receivers in the market. I also have a 4K tv with a built in upscaler so really keen to get the most out it in terms of picture quality.

How complicated do you think the set up would be for someone with average technical understanding?
Do some reading (starting with the rules on this board so you don't get yourself into trouble), then you will see it's not that complicated once you understand the basics :)