VU+ Turbo USB Tuner recognised as Internal Tuner A

TheMac

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I'd appreciate a little help please with configuring my VU+ Turbo USB DVB-C tuner. I have installed Black Hole 3.0.3 H on my Vu+ Duo (DVD-S) and a 3rd tuner is recognised - however weirdly it is recognised as Tuner A rather than Tuner C. Tuner A was previously setup for satellite 28.2E, and Tuner B is for 13E & 19.2E.

Scanning tuner A setup as DVB-C produces a failed scan. I cannot actually make tuner A configure to DVB-S. I know there was issues with previous images and the usb tuners, but I didnt read anything about it in the latest image.

Do I need to go with image 2.1.7 instead?

Many thanks, Mac

grabber1

Vu+ User
Hi,

I'd appreciate a little help please with configuring my VU+ Turbo USB DVB-C tuner. I have installed Black Hole 3.0.3 H on my Vu+ Duo (DVD-S) and a 3rd tuner is recognised - however weirdly it is recognised as Tuner A rather than Tuner C. Tuner A was previously setup for satellite 28.2E, and Tuner B is for 13E & 19.2E.

Scanning tuner A setup as DVB-C produces a failed scan. I cannot actually make tuner A configure to DVB-S. I know there was issues with previous images and the usb tuners, but I didnt read anything about it in the latest image.

Do I need to go with image 2.1.7 instead?

Many thanks, Mac
Here
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/3-0-2-c-problemi-con-vu-turbo.28480/

TheMac

Vu+ Newbie
Oh and Autobouqetmaker also helped. One word of caution - only your local channels 1 to 5 will work unless you have a 'gift' installed

TheMac

Vu+ Newbie
Grabber1 - do you still have issues with your VU+ turbo? I was just happy to get something coming through, but I have issues such as 1. Quite a lot of screen freezes; 2. Signal (SNR) fluctuating between 0% - 89% (some channels are worse than others); 3. Sometimes takes around 30 seconds for a channel to come through (black screen otherwise).

PS. I don't particularly find an issue between changing between the internal DVB-S tuners and the DVB-C usb tuner.

I'm not sure if my issues are down to the image (BH 3.0.3H is used, but I've read 2.1.7 is better), the CAM (I have read O*cam is better than C*cam), the gift line (same one is fine on Sat channels) or the tuner itself. The local channels FTA 1-5 work fine, but everything else has these issues.

If you've made any progress I'd be interested to hear about it!

Many thanks, Mac

alpine

Vu+ Newbie
I too am still struggling with getting my Vu Duo to recognise the Turbo as "tuner c"

Can anyone post on here (in the queen's english) what i need to do in Telnet to rectify the issue?

Kind Regards, Alpine

Tones1971

Vu+ Newbie
I too am still struggling with getting my Vu Duo to recognise the Turbo as "tuner c"

Can anyone post on here (in the queen's english) what i need to do in Telnet to rectify the issue?

Kind Regards, Alpine

Well, in Telnet i ran these 2 commands:

cd /etc/rcS.d/
mv S05modutils.sh S03modutils.sh

Now my tuners appear to be correct. 2 internal Sat Tuners A and B. External cable Tuner C.

Now all i get is tuner configuration errors. But they are set up correct. Even when i disconnect the tuner theres the same problem with tuner configuration.

alpine

Vu+ Newbie
Well, in Telnet i ran these 2 commands:

cd /etc/rcS.d/
mv S05modutils.sh S03modutils.sh

Now my tuners appear to be correct. 2 internal Sat Tuners A and B. External cable Tuner C.

Now all i get is tuner configuration errors. But they are set up correct. Even when i disconnect the tuner theres the same problem with tuner configuration.
Thanks for reply. Are you up and running yet with the cable tuner?

MrDizzle

Vu+ Newbie
Was there ever anything done to fix this issue? I have installed a USB Turbo and it also replaces the first internal tuner, ruining any set up that had been done to the internal tuner. I have no problem with the tuner being in the first slot but it won't scan like that. For some reason the record light is always on, and it will green screen crash.
I too issued the commands listed above and it put the usb tuner to slot C, so I ran all the scans and got it set up nicely When I turned the box on again in future, the last channel I was on wasn't getting any signal. I looked at the tuner config and it has screwed it up again, USB tuner back to the slot A and everything was broken.

Is this a problem with the black hole image in general, a specific version of black hole (i.e can I downgrade?) or is it a problem with the Vu+ USB Turbo? I bought the USB Turbo because I thought it would be perfectly compatible with the Vu+ box and wasn't expecting any problem like this :(

AlexWilMac

Have you tried to go into System Preferences to set the preferred tuner? There you can set the internal(s) one as the preferred. This way should not be important if it changes the USB name. The important is that it remains unchanged.

MrDizzle

Vu+ Newbie
Have you tried to go into System Preferences to set the preferred tuner? There you can set the internal(s) one as the preferred. This way should not be important if it changes the USB name. The important is that it remains unchanged.

Thanks for the suggestion; that's a setting I've not seen before. It only allows you to set one preferred tuner and it's just a list of the names, Tuner A, Tuner B etc. rather than being able to set internal as preferred. I've set Tuner A as preferred to test, but I can't see it helping.

AlexWilMac

Yes, it's not possible to set the way you say, even because, in theory, the tuners' name shouldn't vary from a boot to the next. I've never had any changes, even with 4 tuners (two built-in and two USB).
But, if you say that your Turbo Tuner tends to keep for itself the letter A, try the others.

MrDizzle

Vu+ Newbie
I've tried open black hole and my usb tuner was at tuner c from the start and it hasn't moved yet. :)

I think I'll stick with that. Thanks for your help alexwilmac.