Announcements Vu+ Ultimo 4K and Uno 4K announced at Anga 2016

nunigaia

hope it helps ...
"
The term “4K” originally derives from the Digital Cinema Initiatives (DCI), a consortium of motion picture studios that standardized a spec for the production and digital projection of 4K content. In this case, 4K is 4,096 by 2,160, and is exactly four times the previous standard for digital editing and projection (2K, or 2,048 by 1,080). 4K refers to the fact that the horizontal pixel count (4,096) is roughly four thousand. The 4K standard is not just a resolution, either: It also defines how 4K content is encoded. A DCI 4K stream is compressed using JPEG2000, can have a bitrate of up to 250Mbps, and employs 12-bit 4:4:4 color depth. (See: How digital technology is reinventing cinema.)

Ultra High Definition, or UHD for short, is the next step up from what’s called full HD, the official name for the display resolution of 1,920 by 1,080. UHD quadruples that resolution to 3,840 by 2,160. It’s not the same as the 4K resolution made above — and yet almost every TV or monitor you see advertised as 4K is actually UHD. Sure, there are some panels out there that are 4,096 by 2,160, which adds up to an aspect ratio of 1.9:1. But the vast majority are 3,840 by 2,160, for a 1.78:1 aspect ratio."

Please, external live links are not allowed in this board. Thanks in advance.

best regards
nunigaia

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

Look at the dimensions of that Box i guess that will answer your question
Größe (B x T x H) 230 x 170 x 41 mm
If the Datas,i knows,are correct than you will have two USB 3 connections
so you can add an external USB 3 Hdd,if you wish.

Edit:
Sorry for double Post
i was to slow in my research so newgolfer answer it first :yes:

bonou2

Vu+ Newbie
The Vu + Uno 4K 4K will appear before the end.
As of today, the Uno 4K FBC Tuner is from the end of November at a retail price of € 269.00 incl. Be available.
The Ultimo 4K but will appear later in 2016 in the trade.

The Uno 4K as DVB-C version will be released somewhat later than the DVB-S2 version.
The delivery dates given are approximate values.

Chip: Broadcom 7252S

Available on date 25.11.2016

killerbot

Vu+ Newbie
What do you think about Vu+ Uno4K ? I personally like it and it costs "only" 269€ unlike the Solo4K which was more than 449€.
Also we can replace the FBC tuner in case if it's broken :)

Ev0

Admin
I`m affraid that price for Ultimo 4K will be around 700 euros for the basic unit.
Funny, most shops seem to have it listed around 550 euro's from what I have seen, but until it is in the shops we will not know for sure.