VU Ultimo 4K FBC tuners - very weak signal

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
I just received my ultimo 4K this morning. I unplugged my old VU DUO 2 and plugged everything in the Ultimo.

I have 2 twin FBC tuners that were preinstalled in the box.

I only have regular LNB with a Diseqc switch. I then reconfigured everything as it was with the DUO2 :
Simple
Diseqc ABCD
and my 4 sats.

I receive only a signal of 25-30% and no image.
With the VU DUo 2 it was about 90%.
What can I do ? Am i doing something wrong ?

Are the FBC tuners only working with specific LNB's ? I understood it was working with regular, am I wrong ?

May be i'm missing something in the setup ?

THanks for your help

Tururu

BH Lover
The VU+DUO2 with 90% does not have much signal.
As you indicate DiSEqC 4x1, cable to tuner A (configure tuner B connected to tuner A), you already have 8 tuners, you do not need anything else.
I do not understand the signal drop, you will not put a 1x4 repatriver / splitter to signal the 4 inputs ???
In general they do not measure the same, but that is a lot of difference.
----
El VU+DUO2 con 90% no tiene muchas señal.
Como indicas DiSEqC 4x1, cable al tuner A (configurar el tuner B conectado al tuner A), ya tienes 8 sintonizadores, no necesitas nada mas.
No entiendo la bajada de señal, no pondras un repastidor/splitter 1x4 para dar señal a las 4 entradas ???
En general no miden igual, pero eso es mucha diferencia.

VU+DUO2 Astra a 28'2ºE haz UK desde Madrid, España, con antena Gibertini 125cm.
Madrid_Gibertini_125_duo2_11a.png

VU+Ultimo4K Astra a 28'2ºE haz UK desde Madrid, España, con antena Gibertini 125cm.
Madrid_Gibertini_125_Ultimo4k_11a.png

Tuner A, B, C y D.
VU_Ultimo4K_slot_tuner_img_a16217.jpg

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply.
I have now an average of 92% SNR and 76% AGC.

I guess I had to do a full scan instead of importing my channels from the Duo2.

I have indeed a diseqc switch at the antenna : 4 LNB’s connected to 1 switch then one cable of 20m to my ultimo.

I don’t think I need the 8 tuner in that config since the switch is the bottleneck.

Anyway, if you have any suggestion to upgrade my installation and enjoy full features of the ultimo4k, please do not hesitate.

Tururu

BH Lover
If the data of SR/FEC is correct 100%, you can import the DUO2 data to the Ultimo4K without problems.
I use the DUO2 and its blind search, the Ultimo4K is in pending tasks, hopefully solve it.

The DUO2 tuner supports a lot of margin (SR/FEC).
The FBC tuners do not admit error, if some data is wrong, it will not be seen, but it does not affect the signal levels.
Only the 4K channels (UHD) that the DUO2 can tune, but not see, you will have to search again with the Ultimo4K.

I do not understand what you mean with 8 tuners. ??
The bottleneck is DiSEqC 4x1, it only allows one satellite, but you can tune apart from the channel you have in Tuner A, other 7 tp of the same band and polarity that you have in Tuner A..
--------
Si los datos de SR/FEC son correctos 100%, puedes importar los datos del DUO2 al Ultimo4K sin problemas.
Utilizo el DUO2 y su busqueda ciega, la del Ultimo4K esta en tareas pendientes, esperemos que lo solucionen.

Los tuner del DUO2 admite mucho margen (SR/FEC).
Los tuner FBC no admiten error, si algun dato esta mal, no se vera, pero no afecta a los niveles de señal.
Solo los canales 4K (UHD) que el DUO2 puede sintonizar, pero no ver, tendras que buscar de nuevo con el Ultimo4K.

No entiendo lo que quieres decir con 8 sintonizadores.??
El cuello de botella es el DiSEqC 4x1, solo permite un satelite, pero puedes sintonizar aparte del canal que tengas en el tuner A, otros 7 tp de la misma banda y polaridad que tengas en el tuner A.

Last edited:

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Wow you translate every time all your explanation! Nice and many thanks for your explanations, it is what I thought for the 4x1 bottleneck.

Tururu

BH Lover
@legau
In Spanish it's for me and I do not have to translate, if you understand it, better.a5995.gif
En español es para mi y no tener que traducir, si lo entiendes, mejor.
a6777.gif