VU+ Ultimo 4k Unicable problem

toranoko

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

I have an VU+ Ultimo 4K configured with unicable LNB, since the upgrade from 4.3.023 (4.3.023 was the last image that works ok) I have problems with the receiver with all images except OpenVIX. When the receiver starts works ok for about a minute (maybe less) then it the image and sound freezes for a second or so then it works again for about a minute and then it freezes again, and so on. Few days ago I discovered that if i start recording on the channel that is running (recordings also freeze) and switch to other transponder everything works fine until the recording stops. It is not a tuner problem as the same happens if i set B as the main tuner, and also on OpenVIX all tuners work just fine. I tested this on OBH and BH images and is the same. On OpenVIX with identic configuration everything works fine, but I would like to get back to OBH. Also the cable tuner works fine.

Thank you,

Best regards,

AlexWilMac

We have a complete trust in your words, but... if you don't post:
1) Your system (how many LNBs, although I suppose is only one);
2) The DETAILED configuration of your tuners, taking a screen grab of them (something like the one I attach)

is impossible to understand your problem. Can't you see how generic is your post?
And, also, remember us which one of your tuners is the FBC one, because as far as I know, many Ultimo4K boxes come with both a normal and a FBC tuner (and they are labeled on the backside of your box).

And, please, avoid posting phone pictures.
The best way to attach a screenshot is the grab command: just type in a browser the box IP address followed by /grab. For instance, if your box IP is 192.168.0.33

192.168.0.33/grab

and then save (right click) the picture you got.
This will also avoid to attach a rotated picture and the picture will be perfect, not just a more or less blurred photo.

Attachments

• TunerC.jpg
    TunerC.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 23

toranoko

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry if I wasn't to explicit. My configuration is as follows: VU+ Ultimo 4k with dual FBC tuner (8 tuners in total A-H) and one dual Cable/DVB-T2 tuner (I-J). I currently have two identical LNB's, but I use only one. It has 32 channels but I set it with 20 channel each (only 10 channels enabled per LNB, one uses par numbers, and the other with impar numbers, channels set 60MHZ apart). Same tuner configuration work just fine with openvix image, but not with other (BH, OBH, openATV, VTI), also with older version prior to 4.3.023 includet worked just fine. I tried different settings for diseqc with no luck.

Best regards,

H.jpg G.jpg F.jpg C.jpg E.jpg D.jpg A.jpg B.jpg

AlexWilMac

OK.
First of all you happen to have my same SCR but this is absolutely not important.
What is important is that you can't use tuner A and B for the same virtual tuners and, you don't need to use B because your virtual tuners (the ones with letter from C onwards) are limited (in their quantity, I mean).
If it is for your Ultimo4K like it is for my Solo4K, I also have two FBC tuners named A and B, but the virtual ones go from C to H (because I, J, K are the DVB-T ones).
The question is that C to H are just them, "only" 6 virtual tuners and they are not multiplied by two!
If you decide to use them all connected to tuner A, then there is no virtual tuner left free for tuner B. And, above all, even if you had other letters, you could connect them all to tuner A, because you've got 32 UBs in your SCR.

For instance, I have two different SCR tuners, one for 13E and one for 19,2E: I connected 13E one to tuner A using also virtual tuners, C, D, E and F. This way I wanted to leave tuners G and H free in order to be connected to tuner B, which was used for LNB2.

So, to summarise what I mean, the physical tuners are A and B, whilst the virtual are C to H and they are simply 6 tuners: you can't use them as they were 12, connecting both to tuner A or B.
In your case, there are two strange things:

1) Tuner B is simply not useful: you can use the UB (SCR "channel") you assigned to it, with another channel, unless... unless you have split your cable by a proper splitter (I've got SCR splitter by Inverto, but it's possible to split even by other non-SCR splitter taken that they can manage frequencies of at least 2400Mhz).

2) Why Tuner A uses DisEqC, and, even more strange, DisEqC 1.2? Is it your SCR LNB really connected to a DiSEqC switch?
If not, you don't need this set up, which might be cause of troubles.

3) You say you have two identical LNBs: this sounds really strange. How can it be? Technically speaking this means you have two dishes pointed at the same satellite.
This was true in my case, until a few months ago, because I had both my personal dish pointed at 13E and also the building common dish for 13E but, in this case, it was NOT a SCR, but was a Universal LNB.
What do you mean by your sentence about the two identical LNBs?
And even if you really had two dishes pointed at the same satellite (quite odd situation) you wouldn't need to use a different UB for tuner A. it would be independent from the other LNB! But I don't think you really have such a system.
And, almost surely, you don't need the DisEqC command.

Otherwise, as I asked before, please describe in a detailed way also your system (dishes, LNBs, switches, splitters and so on).

If I were you, as it's very unlikely to commit all your SCR channels, I'd use only one physical tuner, B for instance) leaving A not configured. At the least, you may split your signal by a proper splitter to send a cable also to tuner B to use just one other UB, nothing more.
No DiSeqC command, no other complications.
So: tuner A as LNB1, not connected, no DisEqC command, and C to H connected to A;
Tuner B, independent (by a secod cable splitted by the same LNB) configured with a different UB (SCR channel) from the ones used for A, C, D.....

Last edited:

toranoko

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have two LNB's on the same antenna (1.2M offset) 15 degrees apart, but now I don't use the second LNB, I have one Konig splitter with 4 outputs from 5 to 2400MHZ.
When I was using them I had set on one LNB position 1 and on second position 2, first was set for Astra 28 tuner A with C, D, E connected to it and the second to Hotbird tuner B with F, G and H connected to it and worked just fine. I used to watch Astra 28 and Hotbird, but on Astra the programs that I watched keep moving to transponders that covers only UK so I did not use it for some time.
The diseqc settings is because I have a moving dish (I set tuner A to diseqc 1.2 to be able to move the dish (USALS)), and I have both physical tuners connected to the splitter, also a TV and another STB Amiko Viper 4k.

Thank you again for your time.

Best regards,

AlexWilMac

OH! Now we find out you've got also another box! So, it might be it to interfere...
But, above all, my main advice is to get rid of tuner B and see what happens.
The splitter might not be a good idea to manage SCR signal: as I said, some not specific SCR splitters are, some aren't. If you say yours is a 5-2400 it should work, as it does one of mines not SCR. But... why risk?

toranoko

Vu+ Newbie
It worked ok in this configuration with all images. Also as I described in my first post if I start the recording on the channel that freezes (on tuner A, also tried with tuner B) and change channel to another transponder (on tuner B or any other) everything work fine until I stop the recording or the timer recording stops. I also can start recordings on all remaining tuners without any freezing or other problems. This problem started with image 4.3.024. I still have the 4.3.023 installed on multiboot with the same configuration and is working fine, I just checked it right now.

AlexWilMac

The fact it worked before or with other images doesn't means it is right. 4.3.023 had a different management of tuners and I, too, had some issues at first. But then I went on finding the correct set up.
I had a much more complicated system because I managed both SCRs and Universal by a normal DisEqC switch, and this not easy.
But you have a simpler system and, as I told you, using both tuners is a useless complication. I don't think you'll be ever able to use all your tuners by multiple recordings. I record a lot by my VU+ but with 5 or 6 tuners (and said that many channels work on the same transponder, making possible to use them with one tuner only) has never happened I committed them all.
You can't stay at an old image just because of this reason. Before everything else, try if getting rid of this current configuration solves the problem.
And, above all, you did not say if your issues are on FTA channels or on encoded ones and, if this is the case, surely you can't decode more channels using C.I. modules.

toranoko

Vu+ Newbie
I understand what you say, but the problem appears even if the other tuners are not configured. I installed the image clean and then setup the first tuner and the problem appears. This happen on every channel no matter if sd, hd, free or encrypt. Also this does not happen on OpenVIX, that's the reason I switch from OBH, and I love to go back to OBH but the problem persists. I guess i'll check from time to time to see if the problem is solved, since then I will stay with OpenVIX.

Anyway thank you for your help.
Best regards,

AlexWilMac

Anyway, maybe you can give OBH 4.4 a try, because 4.3 is now old, perhaps installing it in OMB and see what happens.
Or you can try a different LNB: Are you sure of this model 32QUDL-Mike? I don't have this "Mike" in my setup.
And, also I noticed you set manual values for priority. Try using AUTO (and disabling tuner B, too).
I needed priority in the past to solve that complicated configuration with a system made of both SCRs and Universal LNB; but you should need it, I believe, as you have only one LNB and particularly if you disable Tuner B.
And, last but not least: I can't see if you have DisEqC set also for the virtual tuners connected to A (taken that this setting is needed because you say it's to move the motor): DiSeqC command MUST be set also for C,D,E....

toranoko

Vu+ Newbie
I tried 4.4, i have it in flash, but also in OMB. The 32QUDL-Mike is a modified version of the original settings because I reprogrammed the LNB with only 20 frequencies and I created this to not have to manually set the frequencies, also I tried with custom unicable JESS settings (that is the way I had it configured until a week ago when I decided to modify unicable.xml so I don't have to manually set the frequencies all the time) This has nothing to do with the fact that the problem persist. I don't use diseqc on the other tuners as I don't want any of them to move the dish when the first one is recording something. that-s why i set the priority to 19064 so this stay as the main tuner. Just now I disabled B tuner, and set the rest to FBC Automatic (I know that I won't be able to use them, it is just for testing) and put tuner A priority to auto, but nothing has changed, it still freezes. What I don't understand is why if I start recording and move to other transponder (when the other tuners are enabled) there is no freezing (but the recording still has the freezing). I tested this again right now and it happens with only A and C tuners enabled.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best regards,

toranoko

Vu+ Newbie
I just discovered that it freezes also on the cable tuner after I used the sat tuner. I started (reboot) the receiver from a cable channel to see if it happens and it was ok, after I switched to a satellite channel and moved back to cable the freezing appeared. I don't know if this helps but maybe is.

nunigaia

I just discovered that it freezes also on the cable tuner after I used the sat tuner. I started (reboot) the receiver from a cable channel to see if it happens and it was ok, after I switched to a satellite channel and moved back to cable the freezing appeared. I don't know if this helps but maybe is.

Can you please take a Photo from the back of your STB ( Ultimo4K )?

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Maybe I'm going to say something wrong, but it looks to me like only the lower input is FBC and, as I heard in the past from other users, the upper IN is a normal tuner, the B in your case. That's why it's written 13/18V, 22Khz, because it is mainly dedicated to Universal LNBs.
This doesn't mean these kind of tuners can't be connected to a SCR: I myself do that, for instance, now, assigning one UB of my SCR to a Duo2 non-FBC tuner.
But, if I'm right and the B tuner is not FBC, it won't never be able to connect to virtual FBC tuners. Not that you did, if I remember well, though ;) But just to clarify.

toranoko

Vu+ Newbie
No way, I used it for years and it was working fine with this settings, also is working with OpenVIX, i recorded programs from 8 different transponders without problems, also here is a screenshot from the box information in openwebif. Even if it was so it does not explain why when I start recording (to keep the tuner busy) and change to another channel (on different transponder, if it's on the same transponder problem persists) the current channel plays ok. The problem is software related, probably something about the first stream (i'm just saying).upload_2021-3-9_17-40-33.png

nunigaia

No way, I used it for years and it was working fine with this settings, also is working with OpenVIX, i recorded programs from 8 different transponders without problems, also here is a screenshot from the box information in openwebif. Even if it was so it does not explain why when I start recording (to keep the tuner busy) and change to another channel (on different transponder, if it's on the same transponder problem persists) the current channel plays ok. The problem is software related, probably something about the first stream (i'm just saying).View attachment 50091

Hello, mate:

Is it OK?:

1.png

I am not sure!

best regards
nunigaia

Note: Test Only one By one, to despite!