Vu+ultimo hd

mo.p

Vu+ User
Hi guys I try to change latest image for my friends vu+ultimo hd I insert USB in the box started vu+logo and goes black Please any help information will be Appreciate it

Mick12334

Is the display working?
Try a different USB stick, and follow the instructions.

Ensure you download the correct image:
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/openbh-vu-ultimo-images.182/

Unzip the file and copy the vuplus folder onto a FAT 32 formatted USB stick.

Turn off your receiver, using the switch at the rear.
Insert the USB stick, and power back up.
You should get a message, on your screen, at which time you press the - button, on the front panel.
Once loaded you remove the USB stick and re-boot the receiver.

mo.p

Vu+ User
Thanks mate but when I Insert the USB stick nothing happen I only got two usb sticks I tried both no luck even when I turn the power on or off even vu+logo don't come on no more only the The power and arrow button lights up that's it please any more help would be appreciated

mo.p

Vu+ User
Thank you very much Do you think it's just image cropped it or would you say is hardware problem because there's nothing coming on the screen now screen is black when turn it off and only power and - + arrow lights up please anybody else Maybe with different options please anybody else help will be really appreciated thank you very much

Mick12334

Ensure you have nothing else plugged into the VU+ Ultimo, when trying to load an image, if necessary even try removing the coax cables.

Try various USB sticks, the older, cheaper, versions are probably best. Try each of the USB ports, I think the Ultimo has 3.

Try re-formatting each USB stick, on your PC, to FAT32, before loading the vuplus folder.

Turn off the power button, at the rear, insert the USB stick, turn on the power button, and try keeping your finger on the - display icon, until it starts loading.

AlexWilMac

And can you specify which folders, subfolders and files you have in your USB stick? I have a terrible doubt... ;)

mo.p

Vu+ User
I tried everything but no lock is there any Other way to install image then USB if there is Any other option please let me know I have my vu+ultimo I never had any problems changing the image on this box when I turn the box on booting logo Doesn't come on only power button + - arrow up and down lights up nothing else I don't know if it's image problem or hardware please if anybody com cross with this problem please give me advice or help will appreciated

Mick12334

Try using DCC_E2, Dreambox Control Centre, on your PC, do a search, and see if your receiver is recognized as being connected to your network.

AlexWilMac

He still keeps not answering questions: how many times have we found out after many messages like these that they did not prepare the USB stick in the right way? 90% of the times the problem is the USB stick, and trying only two as he has done is too few.
10% of the times is a mistake in preparing the USB pendrive... I'm not going to ask it again.

mo.p

Vu+ User
One of the USB is working fine with my box but not on not my friends box that's why I can't understand Weather is image or hardware problem I have oder two more USB My problem is I am not really good with computers but one of my friend will help me with
Try using DCC_E2, Dreambox Control Centre, once we tried that I will let you guys know once thank very much you all

mo.p

Vu+ User
I've just realised the image on my friends box was very very old Images and the images I was trying to install was latest image Could that be cause off corrupting image and box and if that's the case if there is any help to fix it would be really appreciate it

mo.p

Vu+ User
Only if the receiver is a clone, but I don't know if there are any Ultimo clones.
All images are tailored to the specific receiver.
You could try loading the original image, from vuplus:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/index.php?action=repo
Or an early Black Hole image:
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-ultimo-black-hole-images.61/
Only if the receiver is a clone, but I don't know if there are any Ultimo clones.
All images are tailored to the specific receiver.
You could try loading the original image, from vuplus:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/index.php?action=repo
Or an early Black Hole image:
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-ultimo-black-hole-images.61/

mo.p

Vu+ User
Thank you very much mate Hopefully I should have my USBs in couple of days I will let you know how I get on

mo.p

Vu+ User
Hi guys is there any Other way I can install image Accept USB bcoz I've tried Five different usb without any luck
I used to have dream box image fix I think if remember something with serial Port Is there any way I could do similar with vu+ultimo to install image
Please guys Any help or information will be really appreciated

mo.p

Vu+ User
Try using DCC_E2, Dreambox Control Centre, on your PC, do a search, and see if your receiver is recognized as being connected to your network.
I have Tried using DCC_E2, Dreambox Control Centre no luck it doesn't recognize the vu+ultimo