Vu Ultimo (non-4k) BH309 - Access Backup Files

nsharma

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I wonder if you can please help or point in the right direction.

Vu Ultimo (non-4k) has BlackHole BH309 image installed. With a previous BH202 image, from the Setup-Software Management, Restore option you were able to choose any backup file (.tar.gz). However with BH309, that option appears to be no longer available. Please kindly advise, on how these files can be accessed and restored.

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

AlexWilMac

No chance: too different.
Usually is not possible to use the so called "Personal backup" even from consecutive releases.
You should have saved at least your settings (i.e. channels and bouquets) and, for expert users only, the file "settings" into /etc/enigma2 (but not really to replace it as it was into the new image: only to read some lines).

nsharma

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did create the "new" backup and personal backup files using the BH309 image. Otherwise, it is back to installling again BH309 or later and then install the various apps (eg. Font Magnifier, etc.). In order to preserve the with BH309 "new added applications and settting changes included" snapshot, what should be the correct procedures such that when restoriing this image it will re-create this snapshot?

With kind regards.