Vu Ultimo Receiver - BH 2.02 Rev E & BH 2.081 - Personal & Full Backup Q's

nsharma

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I wonder if somebody can please kindly clarify regarding the filename(s) and location(s) of the personal and full backup for the above receiver. I have a personal and full backup which had been created on my receiver (1TB SATA hdd) with BH 2.02 Rev E.
I would like to replace BH 2.02 Rev E with BH 2.081 on the receiver, but would still like to retain the BH 2.02 Rev personal and full backup files stored, just in case I need to revert back to the "old" BH 2.02 Rev E image on the receiver.
Many thanks in advance, for all your help.
With kind regards.

superglud

BH Lover
The full backup is located in the folder vuplus (media/hdd or media/usb)
The personal backup is located in the file BhPersonalBackup.bhX (for BH2.0.8 the X is 5) (media/hdd or media/usb)

Best regards

nsharma

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your kind reply. Am I correct in assuming that each time a personal or full backup is performed, the corresponding existing files are overwritten with updated personal and full backup contemnts?

Many thanks in advance for all your support.

With kind regards.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@nsharma : Personal backup from 2.0.2 x isn't compatible with 2.0.8
You can only save/restore your settings by FTP (computer).

Full backup is to be used to restore all flash memory to conditions at the moment of backup.

nsharma

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

Another question which I have is in the media/hdd/backup directory on the Ultimo receiver's hdd, there many files eg. 2013-05-09-enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz which are in a compressed format.

My question is that how can you can choose to select the desired file from a list of compressed files to be used by the receiver and I presume that the settings captured will correspond to the BH image used at the time?

Many thanks in advance, for your support.

With kind regards.